User Name
Password

Old 01-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #31
Koradin
A Snow Cougar

Default Re: crashing to DT... ;(

Quote:
Originally posted by SanchalitoDB
I have never been too knowledgable about UI's. All I ever did was get them to work and I think I forgot how to do that or something. So I will let you know what I know and have found out...

I downloaded the most recent version of this UI and unzipped to EverQuest\uifiles\LunaV2. I chceked and there isnt another folder in that one. I did the ini swap for my character. I log in to EQ, get to the character select screen, hit enter world, and WHAMO! desktop all over the place. This is what the UIErrors file had to say about the subject...

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 16 13:13:32 2003

That is it. Nothing else. Can someone (anyone) help me figure out what to do? I searched for 4 hours this morning and this UI out does the rest by far in my opinion. Cudos on the UI btw... now time to get it to work

Sanchalito Daburrito 54 Assling Ranger - Brell Server
Gumshoes McGundy 1 Erudite Enchanter - Brell Server

SanchalitoDB, I had the exact same problem and this is what I found to be the the problem. I had installed the EQ Tradeskill Companion into my mod. Have no idea why it was causing me to crash to desktop but after removing the files for it my mod worked perfectly and I was able to log in and play
Hope this helps
Old 01-16-2003, 06:57 PM   #32
SanchalitoDB
A Fire Beetle

Server: Brell
Send a message via ICQ to SanchalitoDB Send a message via AIM to SanchalitoDB

So now I am looking thru the folders and the ini file. I only have the zip file installed, does it include the tradeskill companion? I am not finding it. Am I looking in the wrong place? I appreciate all the assistance
Old 01-16-2003, 08:47 PM   #33
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The tradeskill companion is not included in the .zip. I believe Koradin had downloaded it seperatly and somehow mixed it into the folder with Lunawrap, and that was causing problems. If you havent' downloaded the companion from somewhere else, it's probably not causing you any problems.

Here's a couple of things to try:

Check the customcharacter.ini you renamed and look for

[Main]
UISkin=xxxxx - and change xxxxx to 'default' (unless it's already set to default)

Then look in the EQClient.ini and make sure that:

NewUI=TRUE

Can you get EQ loaded on a different toon with the default UI?

I have had problems with EQ doing the same thing after adjusting the resolution on my window desktop, not sure why, but after I reset my desktop resolution back to it's original, I could log into EQ fine. Not exactly sure what was causing this, but figured it might help you out.

Let me know how things go, I hate leaving people to trial and error (espicially after they have already been doing so much of it ) but I'm kinda at a loss here....

Good luck, and thanks

Luna
Old 01-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #34
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

Luna,

Would you have a idea why I am not longer able to view Item links I get via auctions, shouts, tells and such? I only can see the item links for when a item is looted, some one is tradign me a item and the new message I get when some one offers me something.

Thanks

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 01-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #35
Rampy
A Bat

Default Love the interface......

But where is the destroy key? I'm constantly needing to destroy things, and am dead without that key.

-Rampy
Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 AM   #36
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

The Destroy key is ROT right under the class symbol I believe in the inventory.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:19 AM   #37
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Default Luna V2 and LoY

Do you have any plans on modding this for the new charm slot ?

(The answer I am looking for is Yes.)

Just remembered something... Used this with my BST last night and the pet health does not fill the pet health bar. That is to say, the red bar for pet health appears to only fill about 80% of the pet health bar. The percentage is correct, and the pet health in the player window is correct, just not in the pet window. Minor problem all in all.

Last edited by Weskat : 02-09-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:53 AM   #38
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Default LOY patch here

I've done some work on this, but will wait to do the full release of the next version untill the LOY stuff calms down a bit. To those who are interested, I've attached a fix for the appropirate files to work with LOY. It also includes new windowpieces with new button graphics, plus I cleaned up border/title graphics and added a brand new compass. The selector window now has all the buttons showing on an additional row under the original, the Group window has the lfg button, and the Inventory has the tint and face buttons added, as well as the charm slot, which is also added to the target inventory window. The animations file here is up to date as well.

Enjoy, and let me know if you run into problems so I can get em fixed for the next version

Luna
Attached Files
File Type: zip lunawrap_loypatch.zip (106.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-26-2003, 07:36 PM   #39
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Default Errors post LoY patch

You asked if there are any problems...
I unzipped your patch and then did the login and loadskin thing. Got the nasty red error message that my xml files blah blah blah. Only had a few minutes and was really just looking for obvious problems.

Well here is the UIErrors.txt (attached, I hope)

I think the problem is: Error: Could not find child PlayerCount in window GuildManagementWnd
All the others appear to be the standard errors from a custom UI.

Weskat

p.s. I really like the new blue border on the chat windows and the charm icon had me looking for me lucky charms LOL

EDIT: Will have to try in the AM, they won't let me play at work
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (12.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Weskat : 02-27-2003 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:05 PM   #40
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

I logged in after the patch today just fine, but after a while I started getting those red messages, too. I logged and repatched, and lo and behold, I downloaded a new guildmgt window, and the red messages disappeared.

Glad you liked the new touches

Lunakin
Old 02-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #41
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Default Errors

Well, Logged in this morning, EQ patched the guild management tool and poof they took away the red error text. Thanks for the heads up Lunakin