Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 07-23-2004, 01:18 AM   #31
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Pet window...

Yeah, I'd like to come up with a fully functional pet window sometime soon. In the meantime, you can delete the EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml file from the vertminimal2 folder and force EQ to show the default pet window. It won't be a perfect fit, but it'll look decent and you'll be able to see the buffs.

This is a quick solution to many UI problems, actually. If you're having trouble with one window in particular, just delete it from your custom UI folder until the author posts a fix. For example, I saw someone had posted that they were switching between their custom UI and the default UI in order to use the new container-augmentation function, when really all they needed to do was delete the container window from the custom UI.

-Darl
Darl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:03 AM   #32
grimez
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darl
Yup. The attack indicator code is in the window, but with a zero size. One of these days I'll get it working, but it's a headache. If someone who uses the UI would care to put a .tga file together for it, I'd be beholden.

-Darl

i've been toying around with it a little bit, but i'm pretty new to this all. i like the size and appearance of the player window, and the target window, but really miss the functionality of the flashing attack player window, and the con indication for target window.

are these possibly in the works for getting fixed/working again? anything i can do to help and i'm up for it. i've been relying or this kickass ui for a while now. i play a warrior.
grimez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #33
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Default Pet Window...

Ok, I've whipped up a pet window that displays the first 5.25 buffs, among other things.

grimez - Maybe I'll take another crack at the target/attack indicators this week. In the meantime, how does the combat abilities window feel? Would you like any changes? It's the one window I really can't test, as I play only casters.

-Darl
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (53.0 KB, 49 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_PetInfoWindow.zip (2.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #34
flush
A Gray Wolf

Can you modify the container window to not have the Container Icon visible? (thus making it significantly shorter)

I've tried it myself but I get an Augment window that is too short, so the Remove, Add, Destroy buttons are not visible
flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 PM   #35
alikstromblade
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for pet window

As far as Combat abilities window it is fine, would love a short one that shows only 4 slots for hybrids but no bigee either way.

Awesome Ui Darl
alikstromblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #36
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Default Updated again...

Ok, I've updated the UI again.

-Mana and Endurance numbers appear on the player windows and on the inventory. The alternate melee inventory does not display mana.

-I've made a new pet window that shows the first 5 buffs and has a few more buttons.

-The container window no longer shows the container icon graphic, reducing the size. All augmentation buttons should be visible, please post if you notice a problem.

-There are four different Combat Ability Windows; choose from two four-slot windows and two eight-slot windows.

I've attached a zip file with new Target and Player windows. The target window displays the 'con' color, and the player window has a flashing attack indicator. I still want to do a little work on them, but they should satisfy any need for those functions. Thanks to L.K.J. and Mortis42 for direction and files.

-Darl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indicators.jpg (8.5 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip indicators.zip (11.1 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Darl : 08-04-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:00 AM   #37
tenchi18
A Bat

Default Direction line for LDoN in the compass

Hi Darl, i been saching for a lot of UI n your's was a perfect for me but for the compass i really like the direction line for the LDoN to be in the center. It shifted to the left.Is tere anyways to make the direction to be in the center of the compass plz? thx
tenchi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:17 AM   #38
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

The LDoN/Vert compass problem is well documented. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix for this or not, though. I'll have to do some searching. I don't own LDoN or GoD; I quit playing before they were released, so I can't test many of the newer functions. I'm mostly relying on those of you who use the UI to bring problems like this to my attention. It's not an optimal arrangement, but it's what we've got.

In some tangential news, I've uploaded a third version of the UI. Fundamentally, it's the same, but I've tried to incorporated a few of the more recent UI additions. Please post if you see anything amiss.

vertminimal3

You should know that this new version does not include a target window con indicator or an attack indicator. One of these days...

Thanks for using it,

-Darl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vertminimal3small.jpg (101.1 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-21-2004, 05:03 AM   #39
Sargeras
A Gray Wolf

Love Vertminimal3!

*anxiously waits for attack indicator*
Old 08-21-2004, 03:49 PM   #40
Aniroth
A Gray Wolf

I like it. Only thing is I use 1280x1024 for more space, less lag, so I just moved things around to fix the moved windows in that resolution. Also I can't minimize the font in other windows, only the left side.

Last edited by Aniroth : 08-21-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Aniroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #41
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Default resolutions / target and player window indicators

Well, I'm afraid that I have to direct any resolution questions to someone else. I run my flat panel in 1024x768 (the monitor's max resolution), so I can only envy those more well endowed.

And, in other news, I've finally worked out attack and con indicators that I can live with.

-Darl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vertmin3indicators.jpg (12.4 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip vertmin3indicators.zip (12.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Darl : 08-21-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #42
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Default vert/solaria LDoN compass

OK. I think I've solved the long-standing Vert LDoN compass problem. The problem was that the Vert compass begins farther to the right of the window edge than the default compass. Before LDoN this wasn't a problem, as the N-S-E-W strip was just shifted to account for this discrepancy and everything appeared to line up correctly. But (and this is speculation) the LDoN line is based on the default compass' position in the default window. Basically, the problem arose because the LDoN line was in the right place but the Vert compass' position in the window was out of whack.

So, I've merged the Vert and Solaria compasses to utilize the best of both worlds (IMO). The new compass has the red and green location lights of the Vert compass, but is the size of the default/Solaria compass. I've increased the size of the N-S-E-W letters for easier reading, and I also sync'd it up with True North, so it should be dead-on accurate.

Now all I need is for someone to test it out in LDoN...

-Darl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newLDoNcompass.jpg (3.9 KB, 271 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vert-LDoN-CompassFix.zip (3.1 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Darl : 08-21-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #43
Sargeras
A Gray Wolf

A+ work Darl. Thank you so much.

P.S. Dolby is the man!
Sargeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #44
Dimar delite
A Bat

Default Attack Indicator

Any word on the attackindicator? Love the UI but that feature is helpful.
Dimar delite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:19 PM   #45
Darl
A Wooly Rhino

Default Indicators are in...

Yup, attack indicators are coded, look up four posts for the files.

I've already changed them again, however. The next time I post files the target indicator triangle will be more pentagonal for easier viewing. It looks even better, I think.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has posted compliments and suggestions in this thread. It's really great to see feedback, and I appreciate it more than I've let on, I know. Thanks again.

I'll probably be fully updating vertminimal3 in a few days, as I've made some small modifications to the spellbook, and have totally redone the book and note windows. I've also changed the animations file to make the blue/red spell borders look better, if you look at the right edge of the border, it's kinda choppy, so I've smoothed it out.

If someone knows if/how I can change the text color inside a STMLbox, please post. The book window uses an Editbox while the note window uses an STMLbox, and the STMLbox text seems to ignore the textcolors.

-Darl