Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2003, 04:27 PM   #46
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Updated for December 18th patch... I made the necessary changes, and it's uploaded / awaiting moderation.

I removed the flashing attack box all together, as I've always wanted to do. Finally!!

fozz
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:32 AM   #47
chaosbunny
A Gray Wolf

Just switched to this recently long time vert user but i really like this a bit better now.

How could i go about putting that attack thing back.. Or possibly putting back into the target window instead of the player window.
chaosbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:02 PM   #48
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Which player window are you using? That one I included as default, or one from the mods folder? If you are using the default one... here's how to get the attack border back.

Open up your EQUI_playerwindow.xml with notepad, and find this section right near the beginning of the code:

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_AttackIndicator">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>TargetBox.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>6</X>
<Y>2</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>0</CX>
<CY>0</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

Change the <size> section so that it looks like this:

<Size>
<CX>116</CX>
<CY>28</CY>
</Size>

Save the file and load EQ.

The blinky attack border will only work in the player window... in order to have a blinking border on the target window you'd have to switch all the code for the two, while maintaining the needed information for each. A bit more complex, but I could do it for you if that's what you really want. I would just need to know which playerwindow and target window you are using.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:43 PM   #49
chaosbunny
A Gray Wolf

thanks so much for the help

yes im using the default stuff. The player and target window are both the default small and the default player window.
chaosbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #50
Kathos
A Treant

I love this UI! Great work on it. Exactly what I've been looking for. Just some small itsy bitsy problems.

1. It's in 1280x1024. No big problem, just makes me need to go buy a new monitor

2. For some stupid reason I opened a new chat window. Now I can't close it.

3. There's just a very small amount of space at the bottom of the window selector. Not really functional, just distracts the neat freak.

Great UI!

Also the Skills button in the Inv. seems to be broken (?)

Last edited by Kathos : 01-03-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Kathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #51
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Thanks!

Let's run down the list.

1. Yep. sorry. I already bought a bigger monitor and so I designed it for mine. =P
Which hotbutton window are you using? If it's the horizontal one, I already made a 1024x768 version... I think it's somewhere on this thread.

2. This is a small change, I can tell you how to do it if you want to brave the xml a bit. Otherwise wait a bit... this is fixed in the next version.

3. This is also fixed in the next version.

Skills button broken? That's odd... works on my two computers. Are you sure your skills window isn't off-screen or something?

As you may have guessed from some of the above answers, I have been hard at work on the UI the past couple days. Version 1.6 is nearly ready... and contains all kinds of new goodies.

Highlights:
- The regular hotbutton window now includes a tabbed section with 12 inventory slots for clickies
- Lots of bug fixes and cleanup, including the two things you mentioned
- Two versions of the combat abilities window, which match the UI better (eight-button default, and a four button one for highbreds)
- Discover new skills and unearth archane spells! and.... oh wait.

Here's a screenshot I took. Click Here

Last edited by Fozzik : 01-03-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:49 PM   #52
imezru
A Ghoul

Default Nice

Nice UI and I love how you have great CS there are some things that I would love to have if I stopped using the normal infinity. I think it would be easier if the words on the spell casting box were on the left side so I could have that box snug against the right hand side, and the opposite be done for the buff box all the words on the right hand side so I could have it on the left hand side of my screen. And one last thing what I have done because I play a Enchanter and a Bst (I use my pet window a lot) is I have taken out infinitys pet window and replaced it with the basic UI, for me the bigger Pet Attack button is a lot more easy to hit and I never accidently hit Pet sit with it. So my wish would be a Pet Attack button bigger than the rest above the other pet commands.
imezru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 PM   #53
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

I need to try and keep myself to only modding my UI. My time for EQ is rather limited atm, and I want to try and make my UI as good as it can be all the time. I don't mind doing requests, but modding other UI's besides my own is just beyond what I can handle.

Which interface are you using, exactly? I should be able to mod my pet window and spellbar to meet your request... but my buff windows don't have the labels so it would be a little hard to switch them to the other side. =)
Old 01-04-2004, 02:25 AM   #54
Kathos
A Treant

Okay, turns out the skills button things is turning out to be an epidemic on Vazaelle. Also, will you be updating the 1024x768 horizontal hotbutton window? I'm using it, and it is Just what I've been looking for, for a very long time. And will the skills and spells be free? Or will we have to pay $30 for some crappy, buggy, pos expansion?

I wish more UIs would follow your example with all the included mods. They just rock.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:15 AM   #55
imezru
A Ghoul

Quote:
Which interface are you using, exactly? I should be able to mod my pet window and spellbar to meet your request... but my buff windows don't have the labels so it would be a little hard to switch them to the other side. =)

I meant I would like you use yours =P

And that would be great if you could do that for me. Btw Daaaam I wish Sony had CS that responded that fast lol
Old 01-04-2004, 04:18 AM   #56
imezru
A Ghoul

Btw nice idea with the pet buff window havin the buffs tucked nicely away like that =)
Old 01-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #57
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Kathos, I'll start including the 1024x768 version in the mod folder with the rest of the download... also I think I'll change it to have the resists in the middle instead of the exp bars, since those are duplicated in the player window. Are there any other changes you would like to see with it?

Imezru, ok... I was confused. I'll get to work on the pet and spellbar windows.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:35 AM   #58
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

The reversed spellbar and the new pet window are complete. I'll include the new pet window as default in the 1.6 version, and the reversed spellbar in the mods folder.

I took a look at the pet window buttons and came up with something I think should be better. I made the attack button larger and put it by itself on the top row, and I moved the "pet get lost" button to the second tab, under the buffs... so there would be less danger of accidentally clicking it.

I'm off to actually play a little EQ . I'll be uploading the 1.6 version in a couple days, once I make sure I'm not forgetting anything really important.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:50 PM   #59
Kathos
A Treant

I'm sure you knew/did this already, but make sure you make the yes/no box work. I would really like to pick up No Drop items with this UI lol.

Playing EQ? How dare you! You deserve a break. If you can call EQ that.

edit: OMG! Not even the default UI has a working Yes/No box! I'm gonna go psycho very soon. Somebody better fix Vazaelle.

Last edited by Kathos : 01-04-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:18 PM   #60
Kathos
A Treant

If it helps at all, the reason it doesn't work is because it's almost three times as big as the default, and EQ doesn't like that. Easy fix, just copy UI_ConfirmationDialog.xml to your custom folder. Open with notepad. Change '<style_sizeable>false</style_sizable>' to '<style_sizeable>True</style_sizable>'. Then just make the box bigger.

Also, I like the XP bars in the middle. I just turned off the player window cause it's huge and unneeded IMO