Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #586
Qindiean
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tribunal

First of all Xym, WOW I adore this UI for both my enchanter and ranger, but I do have a request/ help me question. I prefer custom spell icons so I dled some fancy ones off this site and put them in you UI. The spell book and buff boxes have the new icons but the spell bar doesn't. Do i have to dl a new spell bar? because I really like yours. Thnx in advance

Last edited by Qindiean : 06-05-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Qindiean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:04 AM   #587
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You just need to get the gemicons*.tga files from your spell icons set. The spell bar uses separate images since the icons are smaller.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #588
Qindiean
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tribunal

OK, Thank you Xym, did that and it works
Qindiean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #589
gandolf2600
A Ghoul

Server: Quellious
Default 1600 X 1200?

is there a 3.6 version upcoming for 1600 X 1200 resolution or can I do that on my own?
gandolf2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #590
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

I think all the resolutions and other mods should work with 3.6. If something doesn't work, please let me know.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:46 AM   #591
gandolf2600
A Ghoul

Default new pet window

First off, thanks Xym I load the 1600 by 1200 patch and it works great. I loaded your new just button pet window, that didn't work so great I can't seem to change it's vertical size, the horizontial is fine, but the vertical size is the same siaze as my inventory window. What can be done about this, makes this version unuseable at this resolution. Also just curious is it possible to change the font size in the chat windows, I like font size on all the other window, but in chat it's just a little small. Thanks in advance for your time helping me get this wonderful UI just the way I want it, been a loyal user of your 1280 by 1024 version for 8 months now, got a new monitor and hoping to get the 1600 by 1200 to work just as well * just an update, after reading most of the old posts I found out how to fix the pet window issue. On another note the melee version doesn't size right for 1600 by 1200. I adjusted the coding to make the border and background the same size as the buff window, but the info isn't centered in the window, leaves a large blank space at the bottom of the window. Can you help?

Last edited by gandolf2600 : 06-12-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:33 PM   #592
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
I loaded your new just button pet window, that didn't work so great I can't seem to change it's vertical size

The pet window is hard coded to be resizable only horizontally. If you want to change the vertical size, you will have to edit your UI_character_server.ini file. Look for the heading PetInfoWindow. In that section, either remove the line Height1600x1200=X, which will cause the pet window to reset to its proper height next time you load it, or change the value of X to whatever height you want the window to have.

Quote:
Also just curious is it possible to change the font size in the chat windows

You can change the font size in any window by clicking in that window and typing "/chatfontsize 4". I think the valid sizes are 1-6. Mine are all 2 or 3.

This will only change the size of text that is printed in the window. If you want to change the size of text that you see as you type it, you will have to edit EQUI_ChatWindow.xml. Search for Editbox item = "CW_ChatInput". In that section change the font from 3 to 4.

Quote:
The melée version doesn't size right for 1600 by 1200.

Sorry, I know that. I don't have time to maintain the melée version for all resolutions.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #593
gandolf2600
A Ghoul

Thank you Xym. Not complaining, was just curious if you knew or not, I can get use to it like it is.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:36 PM   #594
Finster
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff Name

Xym,
It looks like the name tag for the 11th buff down is off again. It starts on the second line and cuts into the 12th buff title. This is on the 1024x768 one.

Again, its an amazing UI!!!

Qnyin
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #595
Jadore
A Ghoul

Default Flashing attack indicator

I have tried so many different UIs and Xym, yours is the hands-down best for all of my melees, hybrids, and casters. Thank you for the making AND the maintaining of this wonderful UI.

I don't have the attack indicator flashing thing, though, and for a lot of reasons I'd like to have it. I read through 19 pages of this thread and I'm outta time. If you've answered this before, I apologize. How do I get the attack indicator to show up? and in a logical place? Thanks a bunch.

Also, if ever you're in the mood to create new color skins, might I suggest a dark red and a blue theme. thanks!

Last edited by Jadore : 07-13-2004 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Oh one other thing ...
Jadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #596
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
How do I get the attack indicator to show up? and in a logical place?

Well, it can only appear in the target window, which is the lower right corner panel in my UI. It shows up as a flashing red sword at the top of that panel. If it does not show up for you, please post which resolution you are using and I will try to fix it.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:52 AM   #597
[email protected]
A Ghoul

Server: seventh hammmer

What's the word for today's patch?

Any way to easily slip mana numbers in?

Will the new aug container or tribute windows be a problem?
creefer@iwon.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:40 AM   #598
rkupcek
A Fire Beetle

Server: Saryrn

With the patch, there is now a buff timer when you mouse over them. Will the pet window (ala tick timer) still remain? Or is it still useful?

Looking forward to your next update.. I enjoy your UI very much.. Shame T.King is no longer working on the spell icons...
rkupcek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #599
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
What's the word for today's patch? Any way to easily slip mana numbers in? Will the new aug container or tribute windows be a problem?

Mana numbers will be added to the stats panel when I have time ... probably on Monday.

Tribute should be unaffected, since I have not modified those windows.

I am not sure what the aug change is for the container. I didn't see any obvious changes when I tried looking at a container on Test. You will need to switch to the default UI to use those changes until I can get it fixed.

Quote:
With the patch, there is now a buff timer when you mouse over them. Will the pet window (ala tick timer) still remain? Or is it still useful?

The tick timer will still fill its role for mezzes, CH chains, and decorating the window.

Quote:
Shame T.King is no longer working on the spell icons...

Kuvasie is maintaining all his stuff and even makes new spell icons as necessary. I just took the files out of my UI download since I decided not to alter them any more. You can still use TKing icons or any other icon set with this UI.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #600
Muscular Beaver
A Treant

Any chance of getting it somewhere in the group window or as a stand alone window like the breath window? I hardly ever have the stats panel open because of visibility. Dont you think it would be much more efficient if it was somewhere near the hp numbers?
Muscular Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote