Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by kyllrath
Soko,

sorry I kept missing your post somehow.

The method you explained worked perfectlyl, the skin is fully functional again.

Thanks for all the hard work.

It's no problem, I jest kept getting the same question over and over on boards and Emails so was just getting a little frustrated I offer no offense by shouting

-Sokol
Old 11-03-2002, 09:57 AM   #62
n0id
A Ghoul

Default bleh

Well im logging in for about 5 min tops, and when i log out to check my uierror.txt log, i have about 100pages of this:

[Sun Nov 03 09:48:26 2002] Warning: file UIFiles\Shaman\tkspellbar.tga not found in directory UIFiles\Shaman\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sun Nov 03 09:48:27 2002] Warning: file UIFiles\Shaman\tkspellbar.tga not found in directory UIFiles\Shaman\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sun Nov 03 09:48:27 2002] Warning: file UIFiles\Shaman\tkspellbar.tga not found in directory UIFiles\Shaman\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

The log gets bigger the longer im on. Thing is i dont have that file in the vert UI, or my default.

How do i go about making this go away

n0id

::::EDIT::: this is after the vert 2.2, and the pop2 downloads.

::::EDIT 2::: I also have no other mods with vert. Just the vert UI with the pop2 download for the "fixes".

::::EDIT 3::: Few more problems crept up. Spell book fix didnt fix my spellbook with the offset boxes as in previous posts mentioned, and the buff bank window only lists the buffs name, and no icon when buffs are on me. Not sure how to go about fixing this =\

Last edited by n0id : 11-03-2002 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #63
Jeisenne
A Treant

Server: Innoruuk
Send a message via ICQ to Jeisenne Send a message via AIM to Jeisenne Send a message via Yahoo to Jeisenne
Default It won't work :(

I tried everything this page suggested, even downloading vert22_CrystalMeth-Pop2.zip and I still crash to desktop when I hit Enter World

I miss the Vert 2.2 CM skin!!! What am I missing?

Of all the times I've been alone
and thought of drastic things
Of all the times I've been an angel
I get broken wings
Old 11-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #64
Majek
A Bat

you need to put the raidwindow file from default into vert.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:00 PM   #65
bardguy
A Gray Wolf

Default tkspellbar.tga

nOid,

I had the same problem with the tk file not found. For an easy fix download the tk zip from EQInterfaces:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...load.php?id=103

Just unzip the tkspellbar.tga file from that zip and put it in your custom UI folder. It wont change the look of your spell gems (at least it didnt for me).

When you get those type of UI errors its important to resolve them, they can cause serious performance issues.

Hope this works for you.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #66
Jeisenne
A Treant

Server: Innoruuk
Send a message via ICQ to Jeisenne Send a message via AIM to Jeisenne Send a message via Yahoo to Jeisenne

Thanks Majek, that worked for me But now the UI is SOOOOO laggy... it took me 15 minutes to cross from Swamp of No Hope/TT zone to get to the Seb Orb so that I could help kill Trak. Needless to say, I had to run the old UI again just to cut down on the lag

15 mins to cross a zone that would normally take about 2...
Old 11-03-2002, 10:55 PM   #67
n0id
A Ghoul

Well i used the files bardguy posted...changed my spell gems to something funky looking that doesnt match at all

And i still cant get the buffs to show up in the buff window, all i have is the name of the buff.

any ideas?

n0id

::PS:: why doesnt vert come with those 2 .tga files? Their obviously using something to make the graphic what it is, or does this logic not work with UI coding?
Old 11-04-2002, 01:55 AM   #68
Ynar
A Ghoul

Server: Al'Kabor

Quote:
Originally posted by n0id
::PS:: why doesnt vert come with those 2 .tga files? Their obviously using something to make the graphic what it is, or does this logic not work with UI coding?

If you're talking about the tkspellbar files, it's because they're not really part of the Vert UI. Any of the custom UI files you find that start with tk are almost certainly part of the t.king/Remelio interface components.

I like the t.king spell icons/gems and spellbook, but those are the only pieces of the Vert/Sokol interface I replaced.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:25 PM   #69
Masin
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Vert UI is definitely lagging the system. In loading the default UI, everything runs smoothly, but when I switch over to Vert there is a significant lag.

I did a fresh download and install of the vert22_CrystalMeth-Pop2.zip and the t.king spell icons. That is everything! But it still lags. Pre-10/31 Vert used to run fine.

Any ideas?
Old 11-05-2002, 12:28 AM   #70
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Masin
Vert UI is definitely lagging the system. In loading the default UI, everything runs smoothly, but when I switch over to Vert there is a significant lag.

I did a fresh download and install of the vert22_CrystalMeth-Pop2.zip and the t.king spell icons. That is everything! But it still lags. Pre-10/31 Vert used to run fine.

Any ideas?

I have had reports from some that it lags and others saying it doesn't. What windows do you have open when it lags? IE is the raid window up etc etc.. Try closing windows like the pet/player info window etc... see if you can isolate the lag.

-Sokol
Old 11-05-2002, 12:29 AM   #71
Sokol

Default Re: bleh

Quote:
Well im logging in for about 5 min tops, and when i log out to check my uierror.txt log, i have about 100pages of this:

[Sun Nov 03 09:48:26 2002] Warning: file UIFiles\Shaman\tkspellbar.tga not found in directory UIFiles\Shaman\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

The log gets bigger the longer im on. Thing is i dont have that file in the vert UI, or my default.

How do i go about making this go away

n0id

::::EDIT::: this is after the vert 2.2, and the pop2 downloads.

::::EDIT 2::: I also have no other mods with vert. Just the vert UI with the pop2 download for the "fixes".

::::EDIT 3::: Few more problems crept up. Spell book fix didnt fix my spellbook with the offset boxes as in previous posts mentioned, and the buff bank window only lists the buffs name, and no icon when buffs are on me. Not sure how to go about fixing this =\

First, you do not want to place these in the bert directory these are NOT errors, it's EQ telling you it's simply loading them from another file...

-sokol
Old 11-05-2002, 12:30 AM   #72
Sokol

Default Re: It won't work :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeisenne
I tried everything this page suggested, even downloading vert22_CrystalMeth-Pop2.zip and I still crash to desktop when I hit Enter World

I miss the Vert 2.2 CM skin!!! What am I missing?

Send me your uierrors.txt file to [email protected]

-sokol
Old 11-05-2002, 12:31 AM   #73
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Majek
you need to put the raidwindow file from default into vert.

NO NO NO read the previous post, you do not need to, and doing so will cause problems when they patch the raid window..
After over 30 emaisl I kid you not on problems of this nature, please save me the hassle folks....

-sokol
Old 11-05-2002, 12:33 AM   #74
Sokol

Quote:
Well i used the files bardguy posted...changed my spell gems to something funky looking that doesnt match at all

And i still cant get the buffs to show up in the buff window, all i have is the name of the buff.

any ideas?

n0id

Standard Vert does not use them, get the most rescent copy please it will solve it asking for these.

-Sokol
Old 11-05-2002, 07:34 PM   #75
bardguy
A Gray Wolf

Sorry that didnt work for you nOid. Make sure youre just using the 1 file its looking for in the error log not both tk files in the zip, if you havent tried that.

Regarding the tk files, the animations file in this very threads first post contain references to them, I think thats the problem.

For an easy reference could someone please post a link to the newest and standard vert UI? Thanks.

I was having issues where it would take forever from server select to the EQ splash screen and it turned out to be UI related. My patchwork fix I posted for nOid fixed it for me (as well as updating the bazaar files). I had clean installed EQ and had the same problems until making those adustments using the UI files in the first post in this thread.