Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 06-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #61
tavokk
A Treant

Server: Luclin

Are there plans for a right-aligned buff box as a mod?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #62
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by tavokk
Are there plans for a right-aligned buff box as a mod?

Yes, several of those type of mods will come out in the following weeks after we get it out of beta..

first we have to make sure it works and doesnt cause lag. Then we can release a base set in the different colors... THEN we will be going back and making add-ons and tweaks.. (above and beyond the minor ones we did while creating it)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 06-15-2003, 03:01 AM   #63
Kudane
Co-Founder

Finally Done!

Need to tweak a couple of things, and test one more time in game tomorrow and we will be ready to post a public beta... here is the picture showing all the new windows.

Again, this will come in several colors after the public beta
Old 06-15-2003, 03:08 AM   #64
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

VERY NICE guys!
Old 06-15-2003, 07:21 AM   #65
Toasty
A Gray Wolf

Server: Stormhammer
Thumbs up

Wow! These look brill guys!!
Old 06-15-2003, 09:48 AM   #66
thelonstormeyes
A Snow Griffin

Send a message via ICQ to thelonstormeyes

looks killa
Old 06-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #67
Kudane
Co-Founder

Sokol and I are working out the last of a couple of tiny bugs that we found.. we should be ready to go by this evening sooo either later tonight, or first thing in the morning we will have this ready for public beta..

Thanks for all the feed back its really helped us evolve this into a nice edition.

/bow
Old 06-15-2003, 04:49 PM   #68
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Man i can't wait! I hope it gets posted tonite so i can try it out. Looking good though, i also hope there will be a 4X2 spell bar soon. One more thing is the hot bar going to look like this one?
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1428
Old 06-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #69
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by MurderedCROW
Man i can't wait! I hope it gets posted tonite so i can try it out. Looking good though, i also hope there will be a 4X2 spell bar soon. One more thing is the hot bar going to look like this one?
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1428

no but I believe Sokol will be able to make sure that works with this version once it's out of beta.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:21 PM   #70
mystio
A Fire Beetle

My first post here. I just wanted to say how much I've loved the Vert mod and I am looking forward to it's successor Solaria. I've tried tons of other UI's but i keep going back to Vert. Well thank you for all your hard work.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:32 AM   #71
Kudane
Co-Founder

Ok, I am sorry that we did not get it posted sunday night... Sokol and I forgot to caculate for fathers day when setting up our time frame.. since Sokol IS a dad, and I spent the day with my Wife's Dad (and my wife of course) we wont get the last bit of codding done till tomorrow..

BUT come hell or high water, we will have something for you tomorrow (prolly in the afternoon/evening).

Again.. it will be in Neptune only for the beta, and it will include all of the above shown new files.

Personally I really love the new buff window.. though the icon is small, the text is very easy to read on the new beveled background..

All of our new windows are 155pix across so they can be stacked on top of each other without any problems.

See you all tomorrow... hope you had a great fathers day.. and thank you so much for your patience!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:52 AM   #72
nightware
A Fire Beetle

Hi, the new UI is looking very nice. A few caught my eye though...

The blue "lines" connecting everyting are not the same width on all windows. In the buff window they seem a lot thinner tank on the group and spellbook windows.

The LFG button looks like its not aligned vertically with the Accept/Invite and Decline/Disband buttons.

I think it would look better if the LFG button was wider, so that it touched the other buttons and the framework to the left, making the window look more like the v2.5 one.

If it is possible, I think some consistency in the general button size would look good. If you could make the LFG, Accept/Invite, Decline/Disband, Spellbook, Next and Previous buttons the same size, I think it would improove the overall look.

Finally, I think you are doing a great job. Congratulations !!

/Erith
Old 06-16-2003, 08:51 AM   #73
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by nightware
Hi, the new UI is looking very nice. A few caught my eye though...

The blue "lines" connecting everyting are not the same width on all windows. In the buff window they seem a lot thinner tank on the group and spellbook windows.

Your right... when we made it the same size as the others we gained about 170pixels of image top to bottom.. we wanted to keep it the same size as the current buff window. Soooo we experimented with shrinking down the bar, and of course this had the effect we wanted AND gave us more room for the buff name. Ironically is only 4 Pixels..

Quote:

The LFG button looks like its not aligned vertically with the Accept/Invite and Decline/Disband buttons.

This has already been fixed, we noticed it in this screenshot and have taken care of it.. Goood Eyes..

Quote:
I think it would look better if the LFG button was wider, so that it touched the other buttons and the framework to the left, making the window look more like the v2.5 one.

If it is possible, I think some consistency in the general button size would look good. If you could make the LFG, Accept/Invite, Decline/Disband, Spellbook, Next and Previous buttons the same size, I think it would improove the overall look.
Well part of the idea is not to look like the 2.5 one.. but we will look at your idea, and consider it.. this is part of why we are releasing a beta version.. try it in game when we release it and see if what we have setup doesnt make sense.. We wanted you to notice when "FOLLOW" popped up.. ALL the buttons are 2pix wider than the word that is on them.. with the follow/disband/invite/decline i think one of them is 3 pix wider but the words were all about the same size and we obviously had to make those all the same size.

But good feed back.. we will look at it with the rest of the feedback.

Quote:

Finally, I think you are doing a great job. Congratulations !!

Thanks, that means alot to Sokol and I
Old 06-16-2003, 10:11 AM   #74
Kronenbourg
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle

Gah - come on - release it before I pull all my hair out! (Well, whats left of it anyways :P)
Old 06-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #75
Kudane
Co-Founder

Topic Closed.. its in the beta forum now... enjoy!