Password

Old 06-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #61
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Revol
3 things...

can't move bags. i dunno if this was intentional or not, but this is a major annoyance for me.

have to echo the chat problems everyone else has been having. background is way too light to be able to read the text clearly.

would like some kind of right click / inventory-bag slot 1-8 / primary & secondary window, maybe built into the friends window or some such. i played my bard last night with the new windows, and not having right clicks / bags / weps available unless i opened up the inventory window made gameplay too difficult. i had to switch back to my old ui for that reason.

maybe you could add a bag slots / weapon slots option above the hotkeys with a separate window for right clickables.

so far tho, i'm loving it with my bst.

Hi Revol, just logged in and saw your comment... First off, there are no known issues with bags...should be easy enough to move...that is an odd bug that hasn't been reported before...

Double check to insure your windows are set to 'locked' in the right click menu...

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Old 06-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #62
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

A larger target window, and casting gauge near target window, or inside, would love just to have a window like current target window show the casting gauge, so i could place is next to target or something.

anyway of making a package where the buffs fill up from right like old days? more used to it that way i guess.

but all in all its very cool.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #63
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by AloneStarwalker
A larger target window, and casting gauge near target window, or inside, would love just to have a window like current target window show the casting gauge, so i could place is next to target or something.

anyway of making a package where the buffs fill up from right like old days? more used to it that way i guess.

but all in all its very cool.

For the buffs window, check a page or so back, I think Enok posted one of those.

To address what everyone is saying about the larger target window...I don't foresee a major change in the 'RTM' build of the UI but I'm sure someone will write a larger targeting window and if it's good, maintains the skins look, I might see about packaging it as an option for the skin.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:53 AM   #64
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Ok, I'm at the end of finals week. Have a paper to write today, then two finals friday and moving out. If I get a chance later today (it's 2 am so I mean at like noon) I'll try to fix some things and release a version 3.

Also, I just got level 57 (which is pretty useless for a mage, it's the dumb gap between the awesome levels of 56 and 58). And I got a Signet of Grisk which I'm proud of because me, plus a 65 Druid (Haliken, the REAL Haliken) and my 61 Ranger buddy Rallere, killed the crazy skeleton in Tox forest (has like 32k hp, hits for 375, summons). I also got 1 AA and a decent charm from the new PoP flag junk they gave as rewards. Haliken got 2 AAs, my friend on Stormhammer got 7 and a godly charm (for a mage, 12 int 80 mana plus tons of other stats).

AloneStarwalker: expect me to make a lot of options for this mod once it's released.

Revol: to move bags click on the name. The borders aren't dragable. This is so it's harder to accidently move bags. Personally, I love them (note that they can be dropped into any mod, just copy over EQUI_Container.xml).

Alaros: next version, chat windows will be better.

Brumuur: as stated above, I will make many optional downloads for this UI including a larger verion.

Nelioch: can't move button to a different window. My original idea doesn't seem to be functioning right. Exploring an alternative.

Teannas: your requests will be covered post release. This UI is supposed to sorta be a space saver in it's default form. Showing stats all the time is wasteful (in my opinion). And thanks for the compliment.

Dinian: I'll make a modded release for you too after the mod is finished. It's complicated why I left the second digit locked at 0. It IS because the mana percent overlaps it and for meleers is always zero. If you want to, convert the mana gauges/percents to the current target info and that should work.

Also, everyone should note that they CAN put windows wherever they want. I personally would never have a player window in the upper left, I'd just put it in the upper right. But as far as trying to match the initial design goes, it's an upper left window.

Enok out
Old 06-12-2003, 04:51 AM   #65
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

After reading all the threads about people needing the spellbook button readded to their spellcast windows I have just one comment: Elezibeth, remember when we started work on this and you suggested chopping off the spellbook window but I argued to keep it? Aren't you glad we kept it?

Enok
Old 06-12-2003, 07:15 AM   #66
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

I LOVE this UI. Currrently I am using two other little windows with this and it is perfect with them added. The inventory window below is a more classic look which I really like and am more comfortable with. Plus I have the target window below set to "0" normal and "0" fade so as to make it kind of invisible except when I have a target or casting. Now the UI is perfect. The only thing now is a the little hotbutton issue, which I use the keyboard more anyway so doesn't really bother me too bad.

Inventory:
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1151

Target:
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1162

Thanks again for this wonderful UI!

---Margrave
Old 06-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #67
dinian
A Hill Giant

Not sure how much you raid in your EQ time Enok, but I think you will find that the players that raid 90% of their EQ time (like myself) basically *need* their vital stats up nearly 100% of the time.

It's np, your work is beautiful and easily understandable and modifiable to anybody's tastes... I look forward to v3, and I'll probably try to swing together a more raid-centric version of this UI.

One more thing: how difficult would it be to add permanent buff names below the buff buttons in your left to right buff window when you make the larger screen version?

For 1024 and lower I *love* the proportion, size, and lack of buff names. However, when I pump up to 1280 or 1600, the space is not a critical issue anymore and I start missing those names
Old 06-12-2003, 11:37 AM   #68
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
After reading all the threads about people needing the spellbook button readded to their spellcast windows I have just one comment: Elezibeth, remember when we started work on this and you suggested chopping off the spellbook window but I argued to keep it? Aren't you glad we kept it?

Enok

Ya, ya. Rub it in.

Still need to cut those borders down to about 1 pixel.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #69
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Yeah those borders are kind of thick aren't they....

---Margrave
Old 06-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #70
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Margrave
Yeah those borders are kind of thick aren't they....

---Margrave

The original design Mockup for the spellbar called for 1 pixel, crisp borders but I know how hard that is to acomplish so it's been really low on the list.

But if he has time to razz me... j/k
Old 06-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #71
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Not dead, just writing a paper; have a final from 3 to 6 pm tonight. So I have 4 hours to write 4 more pages, which is not really enough time for me. Expect something... uhh... saturday? I gotta do stuff with friends tonight and move out tomorrow morning, then stuff with friends, so probably tomorrow night. yeah. bu bye.

Enok

P.S. - One quick reply to dinian: stats always showing is still a personal preference, I do raid, but after I'm buffed a glance at stats and basically know where I stand. I don't need to know I have specifically 203 DR when just knowing I have around 200 will do. But I will make you a stats window eventually, I promise.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:55 PM   #72
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Good Luck Enok! My thoughts be with you.

---Margrave
Old 06-13-2003, 11:49 PM   #73
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Afraid I can't say I've ever been on a raid. :P

Only have a level 20 and a level 18... :P
Old 06-13-2003, 11:59 PM   #74
Tinkfu
___

Server: None

hope you did well on the finals Haliken... I got a supprise to celebrate if you did well... here is a preview

Master Tinkfu The Gearless

"EverQuest is not just a game, it's a alter state of exsitence" - Skeleton (test server) 6/13/2003
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (5.5 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Tinkfu : 06-14-2003 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:59 PM   #75
LegionZek
A Ghoul

Server: Sullon Zek
Send a message via Yahoo to LegionZek

I just want u two to know this ui is just the thing I've been looking for to use w/ my monk. great work! You took the only good thing about ac2 and brought it to EQ. So thank u so much for making this, and keep up the great work!
I do have one tiny request, I know yer both really busy so no rush, but I was wondering if u could add spell names to the buff bar plz?