Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-18-2002, 05:22 PM   #76
Alwyn
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Alwyn Send a message via AIM to Alwyn Send a message via Yahoo to Alwyn
Default need advice

well i dont know if you kow or not but im trying to make a mod using part of your ui, specificaly the uper right hand corner. i was wondering if you could give me some advice on making skins as i am almost sure i have to totaly redo the box in order to make it the right size. i was thinking i could just use photoshop and cut and paste but im not sure if i can do that now. any advice would be great, or help would be every more apreciated. thanks.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:35 PM   #77
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you are going to be using my Player window as a basis for this mod, then yes, you will have to edit it in your favorite graphic editor (I use PSP7). My player window uses a fixed background image (the default UI uses a single 'fill' background for all of it's windows). My background image defines the shape and size of the window, then the XML simply supports that by setting the <Size> of the window equal to the actual size of the image.

If you plan to make a new player window based upon mine, you'll need to edit the background image to suit your needs (changing the size, shape, texture) then after you've made the graphic changes you will need to tell the XML what size the image is and what size to make the window.

I don't know what else to tell you... make sure you save your transparent layer after you make any changes to the image, and remember that all windows are square windows, even if your background makes them appear otherwise. Any part of the window that is transparent is only clear, not invisible... it's still a solid square window. So you won't be able to click through transparent areas. If you cover something with a window and think it will be ok because it's transparent.... think again.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #78
Aeinla
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Aeinla
Default Like this mod

I play a wiz and mage. if i could get this mod plz i would appericate. i like the clean look of it. Could not tell which one to download that would have the pet window on it. If you could send it to me are let me know were to find it. I have not been able to get any of the web site links to work

Thanks Aeinla

[email protected]
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=415162">Aeinla The Wiz 42 Souls of The Valiant Karana</a><br>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=415496">Ainela The Mage Souls of The Valiant Karana</a><br>Officer of Souls of the Valiant on Karana<br>
</td>
</table>
Old 10-25-2002, 01:24 PM   #79
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

If you'll look under my pic, just there next to my last post, you'll see a link that says "View Cormanth's Skins". Click on it and you'll see 'Canopy' listed.

Download it and unzip it into a clean folder under your UIfiles folder. Don't put any other files in with it unless you are adding other custom mods. You do not need to copy the default files. My skin works just fine without them.

Enjoy,

-Cormanth
Old 10-26-2002, 04:50 PM   #80
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bristlebane
Send a message via AIM to Vixyn Send a message via Yahoo to Vixyn

DL'ed this and tried to use it in-game... sends me to desktop every time. nothing in UIerrors either. Tried to access you web-site: it doesn't seem to exist
Old 10-27-2002, 12:31 AM   #81
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Problem: When you load the latest release of my mod from my site (or from the recently added copy here on EQInterface), Everquest crashes to the desktop.

Cause: My mistake. I am terribly sorry for that. I was looking at the new Raid Window .xml file from the test server when I zipped this up. Apparently I left the file 'EQUI_RaidWindow.xml' in the folder. Seeing as this was the original raid window script before it went live, it would now be invalid since changes have been made since it was on the test server.

Solution: There are two easy ways to solve this problem.

1) The first and easiest way to solve this problem, is to open your UIfiles folder where you extracted this skin to. Then locate the file named 'EQUI_RaidWindow.xml' and delete it. This will force the UI schema to once again load the Raid Window from the default folder as it should have originally done.

2) The second is method is to download a fresh copy of this mod, either from my site, or from EQInterface.com's download section once it becomes available. I will speaking with Kudane about updating the file and possibly adding an addendum to it's description, referencing the error and fix.

Again, I am terribly sorry. Ordinarily I either delete all non essensial files from the folder before I archive. This particular night it was quite late, and I had just come off the test server after downloading the latest in UI updates from there. I loaded the raid window script to see what new features Sony was throwing at us in the hopes that I could get a head start of modding it as well as a means to alert fellow mod designers of the latest changes to the XML scheme. It was late, I was tired, and after I was done babbling about the new window, I quickly zipped up my UI. The next day (or shortly there after) I uploaded it here, without realizing the extra file was attached.

I must also apologize for the state of my website. Truth be told, I am utilizing the bandwidth and servers of a client of mine for next to nothing cash wise. And due to changes within that client's company, certain services had to be taken offline for a few days. We (they) have decided to switch to a full T1 instead of their current integrated service. And as soon as I get everything switched over, I'll be able to bring the servers back up... or atleast the download links.

-Cormanth

Last edited by Cormanth : 10-27-2002 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:35 PM   #82
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

Thanks That fixed the crashing isssue Now can I post a suggestion? Ah, thankee...

Could you make the compass NOT attached to the spells? For melee players such as me, well, we have no compass

Also, When I target anything, theres TWO targets so to speak, one in the right area, and one right above the actions box. This isn't really a problem, i guess, just distracting
Old 10-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #83
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Actually, you do too have a compass. The compass window is not attached to the spell window. It merely rests beneath it in the little window opening. The compass itself is a free floating window. Press ALT+D to Hide/Show it, then move it around to wherever you want.

As for the double target window.... still looking for that bug. I don't know how I managed to get that to happen, as it used to be perfect. I'll have to look into it further. It may have something to do with the red 'attack' border issue.

-Cormanth
Old 10-27-2002, 02:37 PM   #84
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

Aye, i noticed the compass, however, its all black inside, no letters, figured it was stuck into that window. nother bug perhaps? nothing in my UI errors file about it
Old 10-27-2002, 02:44 PM   #85
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Set the Alpha level for the compass window to 80% for both normal and fade. I never eally expected people to use my compass mod because it's not really flashy or unique in any way. So I never did anything to fix that alpha level problem. But if you set both levels to 80% you'll be able to see it just fine and dandy.

Your other alternative is to download a different compass mod.... perhaps something a bit more stylish?

-Cormanth
Old 10-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #86
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

LOL, thx heheh, Vixxy-pooh here cares nothing about style I just want something that works
Old 01-10-2003, 07:27 AM   #87
lizzari
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous

Cormanth

u r still alive ? UI not working after this horror patch.

http://www.everquester.de
Old 03-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #88
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Sorry it's taken me so long to get something up here for my UI folks. I haven't really been in-game for a while, so I wasn't aware that my UI had problems. I recently purchased LoY and not only did I find the nice little bugs that Varent drew out for us to cope with, but got them all fixed up and even made some other modifications and alterations which were long overdue. If all goes as planned and I have a slow night at work tonight, I'll be able to upload my latest version so that those of you who would still like to use my Canopy UI may do so.

There haven't been a great deal of changes other than bug fixes. I did, however, finally fix the spell gem icons in the hot button window, added a long overdue 'close' command to the chat window (dunno how I managed to kill that and miss that it wasn't there). I also made a change to the window selector window which allows it to be included on-screen (the old appearance clashed with my UI and was just simply too ugly to have up all the time). And the last change of any importance is the addition of the 'Charm' slot to the inventory window.

Anywho, all should be up online either tonight or sometime during the wee hours of the morning.

-Cormanth
Old 03-12-2003, 01:32 AM   #89
aandiian
A Hill Giant

Default help please

I decided to check out this UI tonight, and I really like the idea. However I am not fond of some of the curving corners .. I have been trying to figure out how to remove the curves from the corners, but I just can not find where this is done in the XML. Can someone point me to the correct area? I've modified the images to be what I want, but as I said, I can not get it to show up. I have made a layout of what I want it to look like .. I know I will need to modify the group, target, and player windows (I think) .. Here is what I am talking about:

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Aandiian
Forest Stalker
Noble Blade
The Rathe
Old 03-12-2003, 04:54 AM   #90
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Actually, to change the look of each window, all you need to do is edit the graphics files themselves. All of my windows use formed graphics as a background. Change the image file for the window, and you change the window. However, you have to keep in mind that if you change the visible portion of the image, you also have to change the alpha channel, or it will continue to show the old image's shape.

-Cormanth