Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2023, 10:41 AM   #31
Joline
A Ghoul

Angry Totaly helpless and confused

I wish my Inventory would look like this. I converted my Inventory window and got a lot of missing rules error messages. The window loads, but I have every button, every line, every thing below each other on the left side like a list. And the window is bigger than the whole screen, even making it tiny does not show it all. I have no idea how to change something in html and I am searching where to change the positions.

I tried with X="10" y="120" or so, but does not work

The weird thing is that the shroud page works correctly, also the currency page is working 80%. But the rest doesn't, the converter also changed the size of my buttons.

I am somewhat helpless right now. I manage to fix all my windows through all the years and now I am staring at the screen and want to quit EQ lol.

I do not understand html that much.

Also I saw that I only have ONE Inventory file instead of five like the default.

Anyone can give me a small hint where I can change the positions?

All I know is I cannot play with the default UI.
Joline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:42 AM   #32
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default graphics

I was just thinking if I could get the background stiff sorted, like my borders and class animations (I see you are using T.Kings animations - so you've got a new animations file?) that would be an obvious starting point.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:02 AM   #33
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
I was just thinking if I could get the background stiff sorted, like my borders and class animations (I see you are using T.Kings animations - so you've got a new animations file?) that would be an obvious starting point.

I started that process back when the UI engine was first released to test, then halted it when I noticed some transparency bugs (which still aren't fixed and are likely part of the cause people are having with getting the default UI to render properly - the "white window" bug).

I was converting my art to their new reference/file style though manually one piece at a time; I'm also unsure of whether the location references can be changed for graphics at this point. I'm fairly new to html5 work so I've been learning as I experiment.

It looked to me, if you didn't change the locations of things and just changed the appearance of them - in the initial rollout of the LayoutConverter which was able to convert images to their new image formatting, worked ok.

My inventory window isn't as pretty as Drakah's yet, but I'm getting there.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:14 PM   #34
mh272
A Shissar Disciple

This is Vert which I help maintain. Done manually. Not perfect but getting
there.

Left is current XML, right is HTML no graphics.

No point in releasing since you can't put the UI files in their own folder, you have to copy to default to see changes.

Last edited by mh272 : 05-19-2023 at 12:25 PM.
mh272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:39 PM   #35
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Default .net?

are we suppose to Guess what type of .net to download bc when i get the error to download .net it does not work.
Fnyyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 07:49 PM   #36
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Windows 10 already has the .Net framework you need.
But if you dont or want to check, you would need to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of this.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...s.aspx?id=52685

If you get an error, read it. It probably says you already have it installed

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 04:55 PM   #37
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
Windows 10 already has the .Net framework you need.
But if you dont or want to check, you would need to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of this.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...s.aspx?id=52685

If you get an error, read it. It probably says you already have it installed

yep, using win10 pro, and getting error "to run this application, you must install .net would you like to download?" when i click "yes" it dose nothing.

also when i attempt to download both of those it says i already have.. so im at a loss for words
Old 05-22-2023, 10:47 PM   #38
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnyyen
yep, using win10 pro, and getting error "to run this application, you must install .net would you like to download?" when i click "yes" it dose nothing.

also when i attempt to download both of those it says i already have.. so im at a loss for words

k apparently those .net's didnt work for me. the ones i needed (and others might) are Here

also i attempted to mess with it for several hours getting nothing done going to need a better explanation then what's given in the wright up. not sure what im doing wrong but seeks like everything i do isnt taking effect. think im missing a step some where.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:18 PM   #39
HSishi
Premium Member

Server: Antonius Bayle

The converter needs to run with .net 5.0 which is EoS for a year now.

Go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet and expand the "Out of Support versions" list. Use the only download for 5.0 (version 5.0.17).
HSishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:04 PM   #40
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
The converter needs to run with .net 5.0 which is EoS for a year now.

Go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet and expand the "Out of Support versions" list. Use the only download for 5.0 (version 5.0.17).

So a brand new tool to support a brand new UI engine relies on a completely out of date framework ? Gotta love it!
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:21 PM   #41
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Windows 10 only comes with .net 4.8, so you need to download and install .net 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
So a brand new tool to support a brand new UI engine relies on a completely out of date framework ? Gotta love it!

No, .net 5 isn't that old (released 2020). They have just released .net 6 (2021) and .net 7 (2022) very quickly after it. .net 8 will likely be released later this year. .net 6 was likely just released when they started working on this, and .net 7 wasn't even released yet. Also, remember that we had .net 3.5 and .net 4 for years each before they were replaced, while 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all being released one year after another. All of this is because MS is adopting the stupidity of the industry and not supporting the products long term in order to encourage people to buy new software and devices.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote