Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
gizzaran
A Ghoul

This has not helped on the Tablets UIs. Still looking for a fix.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #17
Sanghor
A Fire Beetle

Server: Venril Sathir
Default :(

Well, DeltaX still not working for me with the Copy & Past in above posts

Someone can post the modified files please ?

Thanks,

Sanghor.
Sanghor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
Eggborn
A Ghoul

Where is there a good place to learn how to update this stuff?
Most of the people whose pieces I use have retired. I am too picky to use the complete sets; there's always something that gives me a headache about them. When I try to add a piece from a complete set, my UI fails.

Basically I want the default but SMALLER! I also miss my tiny map that changes colors and my fun blinkly dragon spell book from 2002.

Is there some simple line I can type in to get my stuff back?

Is there a way to make my hotbars not sticking up going the wrong way?

I am very new to this, and I guess finally need to learn to do it myself. I have no idea where to start.
Eggborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
Balton
A Fire Beetle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It's not exactly Delta X, I've modified it somewhat, but http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5650 is working
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxx
Why did they even add these new animations. I do not think anyone asked for the extra bloat in the UI.

These animations were originally in the map window, but since they added these same buttons to the preview window they did the sensible thing of moving them to the animations file so that both the map window and preview window would reference the same animations.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggborn
Where is there a good place to learn how to update this stuff?
Most of the people whose pieces I use have retired. I am too picky to use the complete sets; there's always something that gives me a headache about them. When I try to add a piece from a complete set, my UI fails.

Basically I want the default but SMALLER! I also miss my tiny map that changes colors and my fun blinkly dragon spell book from 2002.

Is there some simple line I can type in to get my stuff back?

Is there a way to make my hotbars not sticking up going the wrong way?

I am very new to this, and I guess finally need to learn to do it myself. I have no idea where to start.

i also have the mini maps in my ui feel free to take the parts you want ...just open and use replace function to replace all .dds with .tga and they will plug in with any ui.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
Sanghor
A Fire Beetle

Server: Venril Sathir
Default :)

Thanks a lot Balton, its working

Sanghor.
Sanghor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #23
melan
A Bat

Unified diff patch files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Patches.zip (7.7 KB, 20 views)
melan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
Necromage
A Fire Beetle

I am in the same boat as Eggborn.

I've always been simply using a separate folder to hold the pieces I want to change from the default UI (e.g. EQUI_Inventory.xml, EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml, gemicons01.tga, spells01.tga), and this separate folder will overwrite what the default UI tries to load.

However, the patch of Jul 20 is not allowing this separate folder to overwrite anymore. Is there anything I can change in the default UI so that it will allow this overwriting again?
Necromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That is not quite what is happening Necromage. When you create a custom UI folder, the game attempts to load all files from that folder. If that custom UI folder does not have a copy of the next file in the list, it goes to the default folder to load it. If, at any point, the loader finds an error or confilct, it abandons its load, and starts all over loading every file from default.

Therefore, if your UI reverts to the default, then you have an error or conflict in the files contained in your custom UI which would need to be fixed to get your UI to load.

As a note, each time you patch, all of the files in default are redownloaded if they differ from the ones SOE has. Basically, modifying any file in default won't do any good anyway.

The beginning of this thread gives some instructions on how to fix your custom UI pieces with the changes made with the recent patch. If you do not have in your custom UI folder a version of EQUI_Animations.xml, EQUI_Templates.xml or EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml, then you have another issue, as those are the files that were changed in default that would now cause a conflict in your custom UI.

Last edited by valaury3169 : 07-22-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Grammer
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
Necromage
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
If, at any point, the loader finds an error or confilct, it abandons it load, and starts all over loading every file from default.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation, Valaury.

My mistake is that I thought if nothing from my custom folder loads, then all files (including things like gemicons01.tga) are in conflict. I didn't realize that all it takes is one conflicting file (in my case EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml) and all other files will be kicked back to default.

I've removed EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml from my custom folder now, and all the other pieces loaded fine.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Necromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #27
minadin
A Gray Wolf

Adding the text to the EQUI_Animations.xml file as shown above, and deleting the EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml, fixed my slightly modified version of Fanra's Old UI.
minadin is offline   Reply With Quote