Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
fatalflaw
A Bat

Server: Zebuxoruk
Default Custom UI not taking properly

Basically I've re-read atleast 30 times all the FAQ's, browsed and searched all the forum threads I could stand, double checked instructions and filepaths down to the letter and capitolization, and it's still not working. I've tried Quartz, Tking, and others.. here is my error file

UIErrorLog created at Mon Mar 05 20:40:38 2007
[Mon Mar 05 20:40:40 2007] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[675] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Mon Mar 05 20:40:40 2007] Error validating symbol table.
[Mon Mar 05 20:40:40 2007] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

This is driving me up the wall. I do /loadskin, i even tried /loadskin soandso and /loadskin soandso 1, also on the little ui selector when you just use /loadskin i've tried it with and without the keep the same blah blah option on and off.

Please help, just give me a step by step of everything I need to do.

Is there some flag I need to set in my eqclient.ini or something?
fatalflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

sounds like your missing a line in your Animations file.

tell us a bit more - are you copying the default folder and then overwritting? how old are the ui pieces you're trying to use? pretty much anything in the actual TKing area is going to be dead - it hasn't been updated in way too long.
anything that includes the Inventory window or the loot window has to have been updated since the middle of Feburary (or say TBS compatable). anything that includes the Player window must have been updated since mid-September (or say TSS compatable)

from the amount of time you've been putting in to this based on your post, i'm thinking you're probably willing to spend some more time to get it to work. here is my suggestion.

create a new UI folder called something like Test. put the UI files that you want into it one at a time, and /loadskin in game after each file. if it loads, great, if it breaks, remove the last file you put in and continue down the list. this will take a little bit, but it will tell you which file or files are the problem.
you can put them in 2 or 3 at a time, but it means that you'll have to delete the entire set you just put in when you get your error, and do them one at a time.
btw, when i say one file, you can do the UI piece and whatever images go with it - with the example of a TKing spellbook, you have the UI file (UI_SpellBookWnd or something like that), and 3 or 4 pictures that are neccessary for the inventory, and only for that. put them in all at once.

if you can, you want to avoid having the Animations file in your custom UI. for the most part, it's more of a hassle than it's worth.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote