Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2002, 10:29 AM   #1
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: X
Default Bloody Necro V2

After working on it off and on I finally got a second version up of the necro GUI.

I did take out the dripping blood background as it made the GUI get annoying for me after a while.

Anyhow, feedback is welcomed.

P.S. I think I have it so it's not broken with each patch. I've gone through 3 patches with no problems yet (knock on wood)

Link

Enjoy

ArcLite

*EDIT*
Download Link
Kaenil's Spellbook fix Thanks Kaenil!

Also, forgot to credit Kaori for the use of the buttons from their GUI (window_pieces03.tga).

Last edited by ArcLite : 11-25-2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:36 AM   #2
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Looking good. I'd edit the spell book a bit though. Black text on a black background isn't that readable. I use the same one but I changed the text and moved the page numbers, and also got rid of the title bar If you want me to attach it here just lemme know
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 11-25-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaenil Darkwolf
Looking good. I'd edit the spell book a bit though. Black text on a black background isn't that readable. I use the same one but I changed the text and moved the page numbers, and also got rid of the title bar If you want me to attach it here just lemme know

That would be great.

Thanks

Arc

p.s. I love that sig pic. ROFL
Old 11-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hehe thanks.

Here's the spellbook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spellbook.zip (281.2 KB, 156 views)
Old 11-28-2002, 08:05 AM   #5
Tema
A Treant

Server: lanys t'vyl

King has a nice necro animation on his sight that would really look nice with this mod
Old 11-30-2002, 05:29 AM   #6
taellaar
A Fire Beetle

Default nice but...

It's like two different UIs mixed together. The pet window and spell window look like they both came from some other UI - to me, they really stick out and kind of marr the otherwise very nice look. I don't like the spellbook much, but that's because I prefer the small icons, but I really do like the pet window - I just feel it should be in a different UI. Perhaps the icons should too, as their cartoon-ish feel doesn't match the UI, but I can't say I don't love them, so they can stay

Love the fact that you've managed to put the inventory up for use at any time without making it take over most of the screen, good job.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:47 AM   #7
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Thanks for the feedback.
The reason it has that patched together feel is because it's a mix and match. I wrote not a single code of XML.
I just took parts of the GUIs I liked and tossed them together.

I'm actually considering going to t.king's v2 spellbook or going back to the original one I had in V1a of the bloody necro GUI.
While I like the new spellbook and Kaenil's fix for it works great I'm just not warming up to it as I thought I would.

On the Spell Icons. I didn't really included those for artsy sake.
All the other icons I've seen except for some of the remakes of the originals are to hard to identify at a glance for me. I use these because they are easy to see in the madness. heh

Note on the Pet info window.
Earthscum has been working on v3 of his Spectre Pet window. Hopefully it'll be done soon. *cough*Hint Hint*cough*

Thanks again for the feedback. Glad you enjoy parts of the GUI. lol

Have a good one

Arc
Old 12-02-2002, 12:00 AM   #8
aaelaa
A Bat

Server: Terris Thuel
Send a message via AIM to aaelaa Send a message via Yahoo to aaelaa

hi i just downloaded this UI I am WAY NEW and I stress WAY NEW to using UI's, I want to know why there is not Efects window to this, If so please tell me where. Also I downloaded the patch for the spell book and i can't seem to get it to work. either post back or even email me at [email protected]

THank you
aaelaa 29 de necro Terris Thule

Old 12-02-2002, 04:33 AM   #9
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by aaelaa
hi i just downloaded this UI I am WAY NEW and I stress WAY NEW to using UI's, I want to know why there is not Efects window to this, If so please tell me where. Also I downloaded the patch for the spell book and i can't seem to get it to work.

This GUI works best at 1024x768 resolution. If you are using smaller, it may have loaded it off screen. The effects window is actually invisible with no border so unless you cast a buff on your self you won't see it.
One way I have found to get it back is try
Code:
/loadskin skinname 1

or if you did that and nothing happened try...
Code:
/loadskin skinname

Also, make sure your effects button is clicked in the toolbar.

About the spell book. You need to unzip it into the directory you unzipped Bloody Necro to. Just overwrite whatever it asks.

Hope that helps some.

Arc