Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2002, 02:14 AM   #1
Asadd
A Treant

Server: Eci
Default Wizards and the Pet Box

I was wondering if you can totally convert it to lets say house a lot of our AA skills that use a button without using th hotkeys? I want to be able to copy the commands directly into the converted pet box? is that possible? Or are you only able to use the hotkeys?
Asadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:27 AM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Only hotkeys right now. There's no way in the XML to wire up a button to an action. We're hoping they give us EQTypes for this at some point, but we really don't know if they are for or against this.

It should be possibly for them to implement it so that every item in your socials pages has an EQType and then you put those on a button, it's like pushing that social. But until something like that happens, buttons/hotkeys/spellgems/money and the list are all limited to being in the window they are currently in if you want functionality.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #3
Asadd
A Treant

Server: Eci

I just wanted like an Emergency Evac button. Exodus can be hit accidentally sometimes. It causes the guild headaches so we've been told to move it off of our main Hotkey page. If I was able to make it a button push only that would be huge and to be able to place it anywhere on the screen =)
Asadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

You already have the ability to do it on the command line using /alt activate ### but I don't know the number offhand for exodus. Then you can make a social that's
/g No time to chug one for the road, we is outta here! EXODUS ACTIVATED!
/alt activate ###

But until VI gives us EQTypes for buttons and tells us what the EQTypes for each social on each bank of the social buttons are, it's not possible.

If you wanted to, you could make your hotbox larger and put Button 0 away from the rest of the buttons and unmap 0 to it. Then make hotkey 0 on all pages of your hotkeys be Exodus.

You could even put an inventory item like ES arms or something you use a lot into the space where the last button was and then make the Exodus button look different than the other buttons.

Something like this:

Code:
----------------------------- | ---------- ---------- | | | | | | | | | 1 | | 2 | | | | | | | | | ---------- ---------- | | ---------- ---------- | | | | | | | | | 3 | | 4 | | | | | | | | | ---------- ---------- | | ---------- ---------- | | | | | | | | | 5 | | 6 | | | | | | | | | ---------- ---------- | | ---------- ---------- | | | | | | | | | 7 | | 8 | | | | | | | | | ---------- ---------- | | ---------- ---------- | | | | | | | | | 9 | | ES ARMS| | | | | | | | | ---------- ---------- | | | | ----------------------- | | | | | | | E X O D U S | | | | | | | ----------------------- | -----------------------------

As long as you make button 0 Exodus on all your hotkey boxes, that should wire up ok and work. Hope that makes sense.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote