Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Hijiun
A Snow Cougar

Server: Karana
Send a message via AIM to Hijiun
Default Xml

Howdy i am new to the game known as SIDL and is says that it is XML i was just wondering some tips on learning this language i know HTML and the basics of JavaScript but i would like to learn XML

If anyone has a Link to a good tutorial or can post one that would help imensly(spelling)

Thanks

Hijiun TwisterOfNature
21st level Druid of Protectors of Wolves
Hijiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:56 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Info Vault and the "AboutSIDL.doc" and the "SIDL.xml" documents in the EQ>uifiles>default directory.

Even though the title says it's about graphics in particular, this thread in particular I found helpful in explaining some of this stuff to me.

And I loved SidlWidl for helping get me started as well. Once I was able to "see" what I was doing and then compare my "new" file to an old default one, and check out what the differences were in them ...

Plus, one of the threads had a link to an actual XML tutorial, of which SIDL that EQ uses is only a very minor minor part.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote