Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-25-2003, 05:11 AM   #1
xavious
A Gray Wolf

Default Window_pieces_04.tga

ok, first off, im only self taught as far as XML goes, i can pretty much paste and patch in anything i need, and havent done too bad thus far.

new problem for me tho, how would one go about adding in bits and pieces of window graphics in this file?

my example is this:

i have a decent little spellbar that uses graphic bits from Window_pieces_4.tga, the problem is that the new charm slot and the new window selection buttons are also in that same file.

ive never run into this problem before (lucky i guess), and have absolutley no idea how to combine graphic bits in these files, or even how they get referenced by the xmls.

i tried lookin around the forum but came up blank, any help would be appreciated

--Xavious
xavious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #2
Astryne
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Easiest Way to do this is to rename the file that you currently have as Window_pieces_4.tga and create a new texture to include the new file. I would do this in your spellbar window XML to minimize the need to fix it should they patch something. Then change your spellbar to reference that texture instead of the altrered window_pieces_4 file.

If you need more instructions on how to do this, respond and I will post a better step by step process.
Astryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
xavious
A Gray Wolf

ok, think i get it.

in the spellbar xml file, rename the pieces_4.tga reference to something else (spellbar_pieces.tga), change my modded .tga file to that name then EQ will load the new graphics and still reference my spellbar via the newly named file. gonna go try that
Old 02-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #4
xavious
A Gray Wolf

it werked =)

thanks Astyrne