Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
DiosT
A Fire Beetle

Default X-Y Cords

It seems like the Each individual window wants to use its own X,Y scale for its location... im using a 1280x1024 screen scrolution and entering a y-cord of 400 makes the window run along the bottom, but the window is only 51 pixles tall itself.. so it SHOULD be near the middle of the screen, 400+51 = 451.. not even half way down the window...

but for some reason almost all my windows are trying to use their own scales..

anyone have any idea how to fix this?

so far i've:
Deleted the UI_Character_server.ini file
Deleted & restored default target window, didnt help so didnt do the same to others

I'd like to set these default cords in the XML file, i know it doesnt allow for much flexibilty.. but thats exactly what I'm avoiding =p

Any help would be welcome
Moderator: EQBeastlord Forums
DiosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

There's a big thread on this, but I couldn't find it successfully in here. If I find it, I'll post ya a link.

To summarize it though, there's some sort of math going on that scales the location of screens depending on your resolution. We think it's based on 640x480 and then anchoring to one side or another depending on window size in higher resolutions. The thread goes into a lot more details.

But it's a "feature". There's no way to describe positions based on resolutions in the XML files. It's only in the UI*.ini files. And there's no way that we've found to have a default UI*.ini for your mod directory. So you just kinda have to make due with the weirded coords that you have.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote