User Name
Password

Old 03-08-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default From Cairenn, About the Trojan Virus

First, let me say, the trojan file never made it into the download area, and the post with the external download link was removed very quickly. So there is a very small chance that anyone that gets thier files from here would have been infected. But please read below just for your protection.

Quote:
There was recently another case of a Trojan virus being spread around via a UI by the name of GlixUI. It is a keyboard recorder for "stealing" EQ accounts + passwords. Everyone needs to keep these things in mind:

1.) NEVER run Remmy.exe unless it came from Remelio's site, the T.king Art site, the EQLive site or EQinterface.com (here).
2.) NEVER run an .exe file provided by unknown sources.
3.) If you think you have this Trojan on your system, please contact EverQuest Customer Service immediately.
4.) T.King, Remelio, the EQinterface.com team, Sony Online Entertainment, and Federal Bureau of Investigation all aware of this Trojan virus, and we are doing everything that we can to help put an end to its proliferation.

Let me add, that very few authors use ".exe" files for thier mods, or patches.. and I try to put a note in the comment section after checking them out, to let you know they are safe. We do have a couple that use Java Scripts and Dobly has decompiled these, and he will put his "stamp of approval" on these to let you know.

Cairenn has put a "sticky" topic in the Chit Chat Forum with this same info, if you want to see it, you can read it HERE

- Kudane

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #2
Critt
A Bat

Server: Ayonae Roe
Default Trojan

Free Online Virus Scans Online www.trendmicro.com
Critt is offline   Reply With Quote