Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-10-2002, 07:21 PM   #1
Dalink
A Snow Cougar

Server: Povar
Default TABS? Where are they available??

Tabs, are they hard coded only to the Options and Actions??

I've been trying and trying to get tabs into the Friends windo and every time, nothing.. = \ This is disapointing.. If anyone has been sucessfull getting tabs into other windows, please post how.. Thanks..
Old 08-15-2002, 01:57 PM   #2
Kitsuneacie
A Gray Wolf

look for a mod called mapui and look at the player actions xml file, their toolbox is the only example of tabs i have seen that works, use this to make ANY window tabbed (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions)
Old 08-16-2002, 06:31 PM   #3
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

well, so far I can't get tabs to work in the Pet window, I haven't tried others yet. I suppose I'll know more tonight when I actually sit down to work on it.
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
ForinIronshield
Premium Member

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to ForinIronshield Send a message via Yahoo to ForinIronshield
Default My guess.....

Unless the default window has tabs in it, don't plan on tabs being available in it.

Tab support is strictly up to the UI engine, and I doubt SOE/VI implemented them universally (it would be a lot of work).
Master Smith, Master Fletcher
Animals die, friends die and I shall die, but one thing never dies....
and that is the reputation we leave behind at our deaths.
ForinIronshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 11:24 AM   #5
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

I forget who, but someone here did get tabs into the chat window
Old 08-18-2002, 02:20 AM   #6
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

you can put tabs in the target window. just ogt done testing it
Old 08-18-2002, 04:59 AM   #7
The Mooncaller
A Gray Wolf

Server: Vazaelle

/drool
Old 08-19-2002, 09:17 AM   #8
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

You can also put them in the Help window.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:59 AM   #9
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

so, Muse....when do we get the UI mods to access yer maps from in game?
Old 08-19-2002, 12:11 PM   #10
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

Soon, but I have to finish this test first (and then unwind, been studying every night and weekend for 6 weeks). I also have to write a fancy Java app to do this automatically for people, lest I get 10,000 emails a day asking me how to change it.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #11
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

no rush man don't want ya burning out on us
Old 08-19-2002, 12:50 PM   #12
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Pah, studying. I never study--although, I am one of those abnoxious people who can glance at the information a minute before the test and still ace it

Anyway, take your time on the maps thing, but i have to say i'm really looking forward to it. The current map program is kind of cumbersome and difficult to use, i hope that you're able to remedy that. Some kind of zone connection map for the main areas, with links to the zone's map itself, would be reeeeeealy cool--if it's possible. You may only be able to do this in the help window though, since only it reads html. Since you really can't edit the help.html since it gets overwritten by the patcher (which you *can* get around but it's a pain) and it's also against the EULA (as far as i've heard) to modify anything that's outside the uifiles directory. Which would include the help.html.

What I think might work, if you haven't already found another way to do this, is make some kind of button in the EQUI_HelpWnd.xml that links to the html file which in turn links to the rest of your map files. I'm not sure how it is done but someone named strega managed it with his tradeskill window. I think.

Anyway, good luck, take it easy, and i look forward to the fruits of your labour!
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:37 PM   #13
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

I'm one of those people too, but when the test is the Internal Medicine boards, you can no longer rely on that ability...

What you suggest would be great, but I don't think will be possible. Any of this stuff will be cumbersome, because for some reason the GUI loads all images really slowly the first time, and I'm not sure why. I'm planning on having a program that will let you choose, say, 10 maps to have in the GUI that you run ahead of time that would set up the xml for you. You wouldn't have access to more than those in the game, unless somehow you had a ton of different mods, each with it's own unique set of 10 maps... ugg... I may just give up and write an app that fits in the help.html file and uses that, even though it's "illegal." Probably the quickest and easiest way.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #14
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Angry

I am the one who had the tabs in the chat window. Unfortunately, in that same post ( http://forums.eqinterface.com//show...s=&threadid=248 ) I explained why that won't work in certain windows. Technically, you can add tabs to just about anything. However, special purpose windows such as the chat window are off limits. This is because of the way the program accesses the window parts to fill them in.

It is possible to make a tabbed player window, group window and the like, but the friends window is one of those that is restricted.
UniDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #15
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Bristlebane

I tabbed the Cast Spell Window with no problems. The URL below shows a screenshot

http://forums.eqinterface.com//show...s=&threadid=465
Mavarien is offline   Reply With Quote