Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Caster
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2002, 11:54 AM   #1
xxspike
A Bat

Server: Brell Serilis
Question Enchanter UI

I would like to get a few ideas for an Enchanter interface. We have pets, but not all the time like mages/necros so a constant pet window isn't needed.

I would also like to see if there's a way to have multiple 'mez' timers. Friends window and help window?

Since we have a lot of things going on a flashy UI isn't needed but something that makes it easy to see what's happening.

Just looking for some ideas. Thanks
xxspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 12:52 PM   #2
eddie
A Bat

Server: v
Red face

im a lvl 30 enc and i would like a mez timer

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:24 PM   #3
Mistofelees
A Bat

Not a programer by any means, so just piecing together my personal UI from others, but for mez timer I hightly recommend Arista's work

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...t&threadid=2488
Mistofelees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

We need more room in the pet name field than most classes, since so many of our pets have long names.

We need timers more than most other classes. I think Arista's timers are great for that, although I prefer a less high tech look.

My personal solution to "What do enchanters need in a UI?" is in the link in my sig.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 01:00 AM   #5
SmitheeAnches
A Bat

Default Love the UI

Xymarra, I love that UI.... only thing i think to make it more chanter friendly would be the targeting system thats differantiates between the mobs by adding the _001 and _002 tags. Although a little annoying in some situtations very helpfull. And of course im gonna stumble around for the next few weeks trying to figure out how to get that all loaded into my files <yes sigh computer illiterate> heheh
Old 10-31-2002, 10:05 AM   #6
Obnox
A Bat

Default Xymara's work

Great work Xymara. Sighs, unfortunately I cannot play in that 1280x1024 view mode (poor vision has my face jammed against the screen and my nose hurts after a bit). Any chance of you releasing your wonderful work in 1024x768 (or is there a trick I can use to do that myself?) I certainly understand if such a request is not on your priority list.

Awaiting with my game, oh splendid one

Ob
Obnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
dillomjm
A Hill Giant

Server: Sullon Zek

In reply to Smithee, SoE has said that they are not allowing us to denote mobs with the numbers after their names, just FYI.
dillomjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 04:19 PM   #8
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
only thing i think to make it more chanter friendly would be the targeting system thats differantiates between the mobs by adding the _001 and _002 tags

Unfortunately, that feature was the result of a bug and it has been fixed.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:56 PM   #9
AALLAIEN
A Gray Wolf

Server: SOLUSEK RO

Greetings,

I play a 60 chanter on Sol Ro so i know a little bout what id like in a UI. Some are minor things others would be a great help so i placed the desired fields i like in priority of how i choose my mods that i use. If this is of help too others that make the mods for thanks now i will prolly download it when its released.

1. A large field of view.
2. mez timers (2)
3. large spell icons too click quickly
4. a player window that shows

Hp/hp%
mana/mana%
pet health/pet health% with a half bar underneath for stamina
exp/exp%
aaexp/aaexp%
wt normal/wt current (can add current Int on same line)

5. a visible cast timer not one of those that shows a stat box invis for a cast times length. which makes it hard too determine how much longer it will take too finish casting.

thats about all i can think of off of the top of my head. Hope this helps with the other chanters out there with some of their needs as well.

Aallaien
60 Phantasmist
Sol Ro
AALLAIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:43 PM   #10
Succubus
A Hill Giant

Server: Morell-Thule

I have really liked Xymarra's work since it first came out but I too play at 1024x768. I had requested perhaps a smaller version to be created or instructions on how to make this work for that size but, unfortunately, nothing yet.

As a level 62 Enchantress, I've been working with other people's UIs and adjusting things as needed. All of my chat windows are see through so that I can see everything around me. I have 2 timers for the 2 different mez times (96 & 54 seconds). I used to have more timers when I was timing haste but got rid of that and just hasted myself before the melee.

It just takes some work but eventually you find something that you can work with.
Succubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 04:50 PM   #11
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
I have really liked Xymarra's work since it first came out but I too play at 1024x768. I had requested perhaps a smaller version to be created or instructions on how to make this work for that size but, unfortunately, nothing yet.

Actually, I made a 1024x768 version in November and I have kept it up to date. You can find a link to that and a lot of other mods to that UI in the XymUI discussion thread.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Megalyth
A Bat

Server: Xegony
Default Xymarra's UI

Xymarra, you do such lovely work! I would love to use your UI except for the following *wish* itmes:

1) Two Mez timers would be awesome;

2) I personally use the spell book toggle a lot while playing, but you don't have one on your spell gems window; and

3) The hotkey window I have now allows me access to my clickable-worn items, which is really handy.

/Hats off though - your UI is the loveliest I've seen, and very efficient - I'll be keeping an eye out for any of my wish items to find their way into your file. :P
Megalyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #13
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
1) Two Mez timers would be awesome;

I use Arista's timers when I want timers.

Quote:
2) I personally use the spell book toggle a lot while playing, but you don't have one on your spell gems window;

There is an optional download that adds the spell book button. All the mods are linked from the first post in the discussion thread.

Quote:
3) The hotkey window I have now allows me access to my clickable-worn items, which is really handy.

There are 12 inventory slots in the spell gems panel, directly above the hot keys. It is easy to change which slots they refer to.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:03 AM   #14
syreen01
A Hill Giant

Server: cazic thule

I am a level 54 Enchantress and I have all my needed stuff in one small area for fast clicking. The Hot keys, round spell bar and group bars are right near each other.
My pointer never hovers far from them and combined with fast keys for targeting nothing gets by me.

If I can do this here is the screen shot

Syreen

Syreen's Damned Home
syreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:44 PM   #15
syreen01
A Hill Giant

Server: cazic thule

Seems my UI I posted has people e-mailing me to get it. Well, the UI you see is a mix of many. I have taken bits and pieces from different UIs and combined them together to make one that works for me. I change it whenever anything else is made that I like. So, to get my UI all you have to do is browse through all the different UIs people have available for download and pick what you want. Most are compatible with one another.

Syreen

Syreen's Damned Home
syreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote