Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm
Default Beastlord UI, All Races (Update 19 DEC 02)

As of 19 DEC 02 - I am answering the following questions directly at the top of this thread, so maybe people WILL STOP SENDING ME E-MAIL ABOUT IT.

1 No, I don't have any screenshots. No, I am not holding them back, so that you have to send me a personal e-mail requesting them. Please, I have an inbox FULL of people sending me this question, combined from EQBeastlord and EQGUI posters. I am IN NEED OF SCREENSHOTS in case you still don't understand, I am unable to play EQ, for the forseeable future. My screenshots were deleted some time ago, and I need new ones. Please, post screenshots of the UI, I need one of each race, doesn't need to be filled with a ton of windows - just basic screenshots.

2 The UI should work with the latest patches as of this date. As I could not personally test the UI to make sure it was 100%, I am relying on other people telling me it works.

3 No, I cannot shrink, grow, stretch, pull, drag, recolor, or skin any graphics from the UI. That requires time and energy that I have to devote to Real Life.

4 If you want to use a graphic element from my UI, go ahead. I'm not gonna be stingy on the design, especially since I borrowed the layout of this UI from the Techno Donuts design done by Nibbuhlz.

5 No, you will not see me online in the game, no, I cannot give you any help on the UI from within EQ, because I have to focus on Real Life.

6 Yes, I can be a prick. Yes, I do go off on people who may not feel they personally deserve it. But please, before sending me an E-Mail, asking me something about the UI, see if it is something that has been beaten to death in the Message Forum Thread already.

As of 6 DEC 02 - download links work, 99% certian UI works in game as of all the last patches I missed.

Well, the time has come, the mod is completed as best as I can tell. A few things to note:

1. there is a ini file included in the zip. this file has my window settings, including my rather complicated hitsmode configuration that many may not wish to deal with. it is set for 1280x1024 - you can use it if you want (just rename it to your own ini file) and it will have the window positions lined up.

2. the graphics for both male and female versions of the inventory are found in subdirectories in the zip. just copy the .tga file for whatever version you want into the main folder. (male inventory graphic is the default graphic already in place)

3. Windows are rearranged from normal. I have moved the content of some windows into other windows for specific effects. As a result, you may get a little confused. Here is the rundown of what was changed:

Target Window moved to Player Window: Did this so that the flashy red box goes around the target, not the player when attacking.

Player Window moved into the Group Window: The group window's invite/disband buttons will show up around the edge of this window. Please note: there is a slight overlap with the disband button and the first person in your group. Do not be alarmed, and please be careful about selecting players by mouse click if that is what you do (I would recommend becoming familiar with the F2 - F6 buttons for targetting group members).

Player Stats are now the Pet Window: If you liked the pet command buttons, sorry, I didn't. all your vital stats are listed here instead.

Experience & Right-Click Items were moved into the (now empty) Target Window: they are tabbed, just click on the tab to switch between exp bars, which are 5x longer than normal, or the right-click window, which lists the right-click slots that should cover almost everything for a Beastlord.

4. Beastlord "by level" chart is now a seperate tab in the help window. Use the selector window to open the help window, and click on the beastlord table tab to see the chart.

New version - I changed some things around, converted graphics to smaller sizes, and have added a sort of animated epic mouse pointer to it. To ensure you don't keep extra files in your mod folder, please empty the old version's folder before unzipping this one - many .tga files no longer exist in the mod (and are now .png instead). I have noticed a slight improvement in framerate with the new mod from the older version. Due to the recent UI changes in the patch, I've had to simply release the current "Beta" versions of this UI to make it work correctly. Enjoy.

(I guess I should point out, since he's a moderator of eqbeastlord's forums and all.... the compass graphic that is included is Tipop's gold compass. Also the UIMaps mod from eq-toolbox.com is included in this [as I regularly use it, if anything to make a educated guess where I am at], and T.King's spell icons v. 1.04)

I have been redesigning the UI's graphics, as well as making changes people had told me they wanted to see in the UI as well (sort-of bug fixes) and have the containers & inventories to complete for this new rendition to be completed.

I've completed the inventory windows, took me a mere 18.5 hours to design the graphics, and edit the XML from the old version.

Here's screenshots & download links for all the versions. This is the Beta versions of them, not quite completed:

Barbarian:

(Imaginary Barbarian Screenshot Display)

Click here to download the Barbarian Version now (3.36MB)

Iksar:

(Imaginary Iksar Screenshot Display)

Click here to download the Iksar Version now (3.28MB)

Ogre:

(Imaginary Ogre Screenshot Display)

Click here to download the Ogre Version now (3.41MB)

Troll:

(Imaginary Troll Screenshot Display)

Click here to download the Troll Version now (3.31MB)

Vah Shir:

(Imaginary Vah Shir Screenshot Display)

Click here to download the Vah Shir Version now (3.40MB)

Magelo
Guild Website

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 12-19-2002 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
Taevin Denecro
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bristlebane
Thumbs up Thanks

I downloaded this tonight and it works great. The only hang up I had was in getting the windows where I wanted them.

After some fidgiting, I just copied your ini file over mine, set the reso to 1280x1024 and left it as you created it.

Some of you peeps must have really good eyes though, because at this resolution, i have to squint to see the text on a 21 inch monitor.

Thanks again,

Negrismorte
33 Beast of Bristlebane

PS I am looking forward to your other race skins.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

my ini file configuration has the window positions locked (have to right-click to unlock) also the chat windows have to be resized to move them.

I leave the ini file as an option, because I.....really altered the way my chat windows are layed out with the hitsmode options.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:12 AM   #4
Lysiander
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Very nice coding there.

Could you send me a PM or Mail how you managed to code the optional gauge backround? I tried that but I couldn't get it to work. :/

I've played around with the idea of including such gauges in my own skin, but for some reason it only displays the gauge I created and doesn't fill them.

Edit: nm, found my error.

[image noborder]http://stoneangel.isp4p.net/signatur.jpg[/image][/link]

Last edited by Lysiander : 09-17-2002 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:47 AM   #5
Telion
A Ghoul

Really Nice UI ... gonna make a Ogre BST hehe

and nice new sign too

Old 09-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #6
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Thanks, I'm gonna start the other races here, just taking a break and actually playing the game.... really didn't get much gameplay in when I was finishing that up.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:37 PM   #7
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Ok, I'm beginning the graphics collection for other races. I'm doing screenshots of each race/gender for beastlords, and searching around for other pictures to use too...
Old 09-21-2002, 09:05 AM   #8
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

Ive got a female troll beastlord, Im confused just a tad on what ya said. New inventory for each only or can you replace the bears with gators etc.?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:53 PM   #9
Neomatrix002
A Gray Wolf

Talking

Wow, there isn't a level of praise that could ever show how great this mod is, it's absolutely spectacular! Usually, when I look for mods, its hard to find a mod that combines both style and functionality.

Currently, I am waiting for the Vah Shir version of the mod, no offense, but the ogre doesn't do it for me

Keep up the absolutely terriffic job and I look foward to using your future skins!
Old 09-21-2002, 12:59 PM   #10
Rasberry
A Bat

Im curious why you chose to convert the pet window, when beastlords are in fact a pet class. I love the graphics and the usability, except for the fact that I miss out on all those handy buttons in the pet window, instead I have to fill up my hotkey bank with stuff like /pet attack and /pet back off ect. Otherwise, awesome job =)
Old 09-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #11
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

ok.... umm...... /rant on

I personally HATE those stupid pet window buttons. why? Because I use macros. I like having witty little sayings, some sort of emote & animation, etc. Those buttons were a rather lame attempt by Verant to do something that they could have done much better.

That being said - what else would I use hot buttons for? I use ALT + <number> for spells, and hotbuttons for locate, kick, and pet commands. there's like 100 slots for buttons (10x10) as it is.

I won't put those stupid buttons in a mod I make, unless there's some substantial improvements done in making them more flexable. I use the keyboard to operate my buttons, and those pet command ones require the mouse, which slows me down (I only use the mouse for looking, occasionally moving, and maybe to click an invite/decline button - when I don't use the keyboard command - for a group, I don't use it for spell gems or hotbuttons or anything else where I have gottn used to the keyboard commands)

Plus, I had numerous requests back when the UI first was released, by Beastlords. Mages, Necromancers, and Shamen (you know, the classes who use pets) to make a pet window that didn't have those buttons cluttering the screen. I don't mean one or two requests. I mean my inbox was overflowing daily with e-mails requesting such a mod. Guess I'm not the only one who didn't like the buttons.

/rant off
------

Still getting textures for the other mods. Haven't been doing much the last couple days, but the weekends are the hardest time for me to break away to work on this stuff. Cutting the pictures of the different races/genders is currently top priority, then to get the window backgrounds & edges textures gathered. After that it's just a game of swapping one graphic for another (and a little redrawing of the inventory). Then the other versions will be available.

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 09-21-2002 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:19 AM   #12
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I'll be posting screens of samples of the different skins for each race, hopefully that will reduce the "why didn't you make one for <fill in the blank> race of beaslords" e-mails and PM's I've been getting.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:44 PM   #13
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nice! I love the vah shir and barbarian ones. Tigers and wolves are my favorite animals, bears too of course(especially polar bears) Bah, guess I just like animals in general.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:56 AM   #14
thoorne
A Ghoul

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Send a message via ICQ to thoorne

Please please please release them out

At least barbarian edition
Old 09-25-2002, 04:16 AM   #15
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The picture at the top for the barbarian edition is currently the only graphic done up right now. I'm getting the others completed, and am working on reworking them a bit as well.

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 09-25-2002 at 04:24 AM.