Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
ferhargo
A Fire Beetle

Server: Prexus
Default cant upload it in everquest

ok sorry, but in know ive made a mistake somewhere along these lines.
1.) found the ui i wanted, sars4rogues
2.)hit download, and downloaded it, but it didnt come up as a ziped up file it looked like a piece of paper with a blue E in it, for e internet or something
3.) although it wasnt zipped up, still copied and sent it to the folder i made, rogue
4.) logged on and tried to upload it, but didnt work.

im not positive, but im pretty sure that i messed up in download because i didnt get the zipped file, i got the e internet thing. (not good with computers btw = / ).
anyways, i tried changing it to zipped up, didnt know how so didnt work, also tried downloading again to get zipped up file, didnt work.

file is saved under sars4rogue.rar, i dont know if thats good but it might be whats wrong also.

basically, im really bad with computers, and i need some help, so if any can be provided, thankya kindly

-ferhargo

My inventory-http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=596208
ferhargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

More then likely you are using the very buggy Netscape 7 or a very old version of IE that doesn’t correctly read our file headers.

When you right click on the link and choose “save as” rename the file to something.zip and you should have no problem. Or upgrade your internet browser to the latest version and that should fix the problem too.

Once you get the file renamed as a .zip you should be able to follow the directions in the faq.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #3
ferhargo
A Fire Beetle

Server: Prexus

thanks for the help, but im sorry if my stupidity about computers is overwhelming.

tried the zip file download- when i right clicked on the link and hit save as, the only thing other then ram that it can be saved as is "All files". I tried this, but it just ended up saving it under ram anyways. any pointers on this?

Updatin internet browsers- hehe didnt even know you could do this, any links to any sites where this can be done?

once again thanks for help and sorry about my lack of knowledge
ferhargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
Tagg_of_EQ
A Bat

I downloaded that one once and it didn't work so i looked for it again and can't find it
Tagg_of_EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: cant upload it in everquest

Quote:
Originally posted by ferhargo
file is saved under sars4rogue.rar, i dont know if thats good but it might be whats wrong also.

I'm sorry... I didnt see this.

To open rar files you need to use the program winRAR.
http://www.rarlabs.com

I'll be contacting the author to make it a zip since most people dont know what rar's are. The file shouldnt of been aproved by us for download.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote