Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-06-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
kallorazorwind
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy OK new problem

Alright so here is my newest problom. I unzip the UI, and put it in the corret folder. Then i load up EQ and do the laodskin and load ui i want.... it still uses default UI. No matter what UI i load it uses the defualt. some imput would be greatly appreciated on the matter, found a awsome UI's on this page, but cant use any of them :-( I dont know if i was having this problem befor, i never used a different UI till now.
kallorazorwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:15 AM   #2
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It sounds as though you are using the Loadskin window. This is broken and does not work. In order to load the skin you have to type the full command in as follows

/loadskin skindir 1

Where skindir is the directory name you put the files in and the 1 tells the system to keep the windows in their current position. the 1 is optional and is more used for a reload of the skin rather than for the first time you load a skin.

The skindir would be just the directory name not the entire path. Ex. the entire path would be similar to the following: "c:\everquest\uifiles\paladin". the command would look like the following: /loadskin paladin 1.
Old 12-07-2002, 04:05 AM   #3
Superchang
A Treant

No, this is occuring for many of us, and it isn't because we are loading using the loadskin box in game. We are following all the steps as directed; whether our knowledge is up to par with others is objectionable. The thing is, I can't figure this out for the life of me. I've tried every fix under search, and tried other fixes recommended by EQGUI admin - to no avail. I think there is an unreported error or something that is 'behind the scenes' so to speak that is not contained within the error reports that is causing this. It's a damned shame too, that new quarts looks nice as hell.

--Chang
Superchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 04:09 AM   #4
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: OK new problem

Quote:
Originally posted by kallorazorwind
Then i load up EQ and do the laodskin and load ui i want.... it still uses default UI.

Superchang what kallorazorwind said above leads us to believe his using the menu and not command line.

Last edited by Dolby : 12-07-2002 at 04:25 AM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 12:15 PM   #5
Lith_Windreaver
A Bat

Send a message via AIM to Lith_Windreaver Send a message via Yahoo to Lith_Windreaver
Default I'm also experianceing this problem

Hi, I am also experiancing problems uploading the skins in game. Here is the information I have, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) I'm attempting to us the MAV_UI_Mods.zip Skin located in this section of your website about half way down the page.
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...rder=ASC&page=3

2) To instal the Mod I followed the following steps.
1. Made a new folder in the uifiles directory
2. Named the folder Lith1
3. Downloaded the MAV_UI_Mods.zip file
4. Unzipped the contents of MAV_UI_Mods.zip to the same folder ( ie. Lith1 )
5. Logged into EQ
6. Typed /loadskin Lith1 1=true
7. Received Error and had Default UI load back on me.

3) Here is a link to my UIErrors file, as it's kinda big and didn't want to take up too much room here
http://www.geocities.com/inkbard/uierrors.html

4) I made several attempts to load the UI, also using folders named Lith and Ranger1. I used the Loadskin Box twice, then read that it would not work and used the /loadskin Filename command. Thank Karana someone mentioned adding the additional 1=true bit so I didn't go crazy from having to rearrange my boxes every single attempt!

In addition, I noticed a Skins folder in my EverQuest Trilogy folder on my hard drive. Could this be part of my problem? Why is there a folder for skins if I'm supposed to load skins to my uifiles directory? /boggle

Thanks in advanced, I apprecaite anyone's help!
Old 12-07-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Sadwen
A Bat

Server: Kane Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to Sadwen Send a message via AIM to Sadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Sadwen
Default Re: I'm also experianceing this problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Lith_Windreaver

6. Typed /loadskin Lith1 1=true

I don't know if it has anything to do with the trouble you're having, but you don't need the "=true" part there... you should just be typing:

/loadskin lith1 1

hope this helps, if not it won't hurt
Kane Bayle server
Sadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #7
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife

You have a bad EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml and a bad EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml it appears. I looks like its in the default folder. If you don't have a mod for these two you might want to delete these are re-download them.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:57 PM   #8
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: I'm also experianceing this problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Lith_Windreaver
In addition, I noticed a Skins folder in my EverQuest Trilogy folder on my hard drive. Could this be part of my problem? Why is there a folder for skins if I'm supposed to load skins to my uifiles directory? /boggle

The Skins folder was created if you logged onto the test server when they were beta testing the new UI.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 01:58 PM   #9
Felblade
A Gray Wolf

Default still no go...

Hey all, seems that since 12/4 patch, the skin I was using went poof, and turned to the default as well. Little red error message saying that it tried to load skin "vert" (my name for the skin, go figure) and it could not. When I type in the chat line "/loadskin vert true" it resets all my ability hot keys to numbers, and drops the default skin in place. I've tried deleting and inflating the zip file again, with the same results.

Have any other suggestions?
Felblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 07:11 PM   #10
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife

Have to wait till the mob is fixed from what ever the patch did.
Kweil is offline   Reply With Quote