Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-08-2022, 04:44 PM   #1
Novaburst
A Hill Giant

Default All Open Bank and Inventory Bags

Has anyone successfully created a ui with a bank and inventory that has tabs and you can see all the bag items?
Novaburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:53 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Prior to NOS or current with Beta?
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
Novaburst
A Hill Giant

Current working in NOS.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:49 PM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

I don't have tabs but I have an all slots open mod that is currently working
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000000.jpg (154.7 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Halelen : 12-08-2022 at 09:05 PM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 01:06 AM   #5
Novaburst
A Hill Giant

Does your inventory have the same thing? Could you share you bank?
Old 12-09-2022, 02:34 AM   #6
Novaburst
A Hill Giant

Thanks for sharing in the Downloads. If I use a inventory window now that has bag tabs, I crash to desktop when I go to hand in an item. Also if I click on a container, the bag opens up but it is empty, I mean like doesn't even show bag slots. You wouldn't happen to know why this is?
Old 12-09-2022, 04:06 AM   #7
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

There's a hard-coded limit on item icons shown on the screen. As maximum bag sizes have increased, players have been hitting this limit.

If you want to continue using an all-open bags inventory and bank, you'll need to add more tabs so you have fewer icons displayed at once or it'll crash you or make it so you can't see what's in a bunch of your bags.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:31 AM   #8
Novaburst
A Hill Giant

What I am finding is it doesn't matter how many tabs you have. It actually has do to with how many pieces you have combined in the Bank / Inventory UI.

You cant have all the slots in both UI's using 46 pieces per bag. I had to cut back some bags to less pieces shown. If I didn't when I open up bags, I couldn't see anything.

Pieces: (not counting any other then bags)

1380 Pieces for bank (30 bags at 46 slots)
460 pieces for Inventory (10 bags at 46 slots)

<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot1</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot2</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot3</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot4</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot5</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot6</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot7</Pieces>
<Pieces>IW_Bag1_Slot8</Pieces>
Etc.....
Old 12-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #9
HSishi
Premium Member

Server: Antonius Bayle

I can have both "Full Bank" and "Full Inventory" windows up. But if I do, alot of bag background and item icons won't be displayed.
Full Bank and Full Inventory are displayed correctly if I open them separately.

But even if there is no "Full Bank" and no "Full Inventory" window is up, any opened bag doesn't get displayed. I just see its background, no slots, no items, no item counts.
I also have the crash issue which I don't have when I am on "Default" UI.
HSishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 08:47 PM   #10
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Here's a link to one of the bug threads on the EQ forums:

Click Me

The fact of the matter is you cannot have all your bags open at the same time in your inventory, bank, and shared bank unless you're using small bags. If you're like me, playing on modern, live EQ, with a 40+ bag in every slot - you can't have them all open at the same time. There is a hard-coded limit in place that the devs haven't been able to figure out how to fix for years now.

This is not a new bug, it's just more noticeable as more and more people have reached the limits. This bug is the reason why most of the "show all bags" big banks have all become tabbed over the past few years. If you're also using a "show all bags" inventory, you'll need to reduce the amount of shown icons - by adding more tabs to either your bank or your inventory to reduce the number of slots on screen at once.

Trying to have more bags open than the client will allow is what is causing the issues where you can't see the contents, or where it's crashing your game.

I use an all-open bags tabbed bank and have had no issues because I'm not silly enough to try to have all 42 bags open and displayed on screen at the same time.

Last edited by Emilari : 12-10-2022 at 09:29 PM.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #11
Fnyyen
Premium Member

the problem now is when you have a bank that has all a open bags it will effect you even if you are not near the bank or even have the tab for them open for that matter. for instance you can have my UI Fully available to use (every option useable) and only open 1 bag and it will be blanked out. is why i am discontinuing the Big Bank version until its fixed.
Fnyyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 01:55 AM   #12
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I made an all bags inventory window for the Krome UI that is NOS compatible. There is also a single install version of the bank listed under the Add-Ons area on https://shakahr.com/downloads/

The screenshot isn't current but I can fix that later. The tradeskill button is there though.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 03:10 PM   #13
Louie_Drinal
A Gray Wolf

Default All bags open inventory/bank.

I put my all bag OPEN bank with a scroll bar on the bottom with the screen size locked .

Works fine and last long time. I don't use tabs. It does limit how many slots are OPEN at a time.
Louie_Drinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 06:12 PM   #14
HSishi
Premium Member

Server: Antonius Bayle

@ Drakah: I cannot access your site:
Quote:
Block Reason: Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons.

@ Louie_Drinal: I have a tabbed BigBank window (8 bags at once plus Shared's) and a Bandolier window with Full Inventory display. I can have the Bank window and the Bandolier window open without missing any slot or having inaccessible items.

The problem is: Even if both are *closed*, any single opened bag displays just as an empty rectangle with background texture. No slot boxes, no contents, no buttons, no item interactions.
It doesn't matter if it's a 46 slot bag from NoS or a simple tradeskill container bag with 10 slots.
Also, it doesn't matter how many items (from 0 to bag's maximum) I have in the bag.
HSishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 06:36 AM   #15
Louie_Drinal
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
@ Drakah: I cannot access your site:

@ Louie_Drinal: I have a tabbed BigBank window (8 bags at once plus Shared's) and a Bandolier window with Full Inventory display. I can have the Bank window and the Bandolier window open without missing any slot or having inaccessible items.

The problem is: Even if both are *closed*, any single opened bag displays just as an empty rectangle with background texture. No slot boxes, no contents, no buttons, no item interactions.
It doesn't matter if it's a 46 slot bag from NoS or a simple tradeskill container bag with 10 slots.
Also, it doesn't matter how many items (from 0 to bag's maximum) I have in the bag.

Thank you. I didn't understand the issue as I never open my bags. I just take them out of the inventory/bank open slots. Yeah, can't do tradeskills. That's horrible and I hope this gets fixed.

On a side note; I did some researching after your post. It seems that people are removing the open slots in the shared bank. I'm going to try this and see if it is a work around.
Louie_Drinal is offline   Reply With Quote