Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #31
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

provided your window is the same dimensions and all it will if not it may not be where you like it.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #32
Travaar
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Travaar Send a message via Yahoo to Travaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
provided your window is the same dimensions and all it will if not it may not be where you like it.

It's just the default target window - it's resizable. I'll play around with it, see what happens. If I have trouble, I may come back and beg for help, though.
Travaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #33
Halelen

default target window should have the animation around it already
Old 10-24-2008, 03:23 AM   #34
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Wait - attack indicator is hard coded to player window, target con indicator is hard coded to target window, and never the twain will meet. You can't put the attack indicator in the target window.

In my New World UI, I set the attack indicator up as a flashing border round the combat state indicator - unobtrusive but it's where you look anyway to see if you have aggro, debuffs, timer etc anyway. And it doesn't have to resize with the window (OK my window is fixed but could always anchor both the indicators to the top right corner if I wanted to).
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #35
Halelen

exactly my thoughts I missread and thought you were talking about con color...my bad... attack indicator will not work in target window.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #36
SolsticemoonBB
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Perfect segway!

I have two, seemingly similar difficulties with the Player Window and the Target Window:

The game-controlled elements from both windows appear underneath my graphic elements (i.e. they are hidden unless I cut holes in my graphic elements, meaning mask out the alpha channels to hide them.)

If I haven't made that overly confusing, is there any way to show my ancient green Vert V_Bar when I do NOT have a target, but display a game-controlled color image of that same bar when I do have a target?
I was able to do this before the2008 changes.

And is there any way to overlay a one-pixel wide gold line for a_AttackIndicator over the ancient green Vert V_Bar in my Player Window? I have never been able to do this.

I already have all of the elements coded up in autostretch. The graphics are created and set to Ui2DAnimations, the animations are called out by StaticAnimation elements. The Static Animation elements of both the V-Bars and game-controlled elements were set into separate layers of Screen elements. (I tried with and without screen elements for the latter.)

Is this not possible or am I missing some vital detail?
Thank you
-sols
SolsticemoonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #37
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

Did you layer your texture info right in the XML? It loads the latter info over the former.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #38
SolsticemoonBB
A Tundra Mammoth

I did layer the images. Background screen-element is at the top of each <pieces> list; game-controlled overlays are at the bottom of each list. But thank you for the suggestion. I had to check to be certain.
SolsticemoonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #39
Liyfe
A Ghoul

Default atk indicator

I'm hoping someone could help me.. the atk indicator doesn't show up in my player window.. and it would be almost orgasmic if some kind modder would be willing to fix it so that the flashing atk indicator would border the entire player window... or just explain how to do it.. thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (24.4 KB, 7 views)
Liyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #40
Kalthazz
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Kalthazz Send a message via Yahoo to Kalthazz

just download the blue infinity 2009 UI and see if that would work for you as the player window only works for that UI so take a look at it and give it a spin!
Kalthazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #41
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liyfe
I'm hoping someone could help me.. the atk indicator doesn't show up in my player window.. and it would be almost orgasmic if some kind modder would be willing to fix it so that the flashing atk indicator would border the entire player window... or just explain how to do it.. thanks in advance

here ya go

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (28.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #42
Liyfe
A Ghoul

ty ty. that's amazing really am grateful....
Liyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #43
Ogremania
A Fire Beetle

Default Need Confirmation

I'm a refugee of the Lodi Dodi interface. So, I had to find an UI that works with Underfoot. I found one.

One thing l was used to using the lodidodi interface was that the flashing attack indicator will flash around the target window. Reading posts on this reply says this is not possible. Has this restriction been removed?

Currently the flashing attack indicator flashes in the player window. I would like it to have flash around the target window if possible.

If you need attachments on the XML files from both player and targetwindow, I can provide those.

Thanks for the replies.
Ogremania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #44
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

If I am not mistaken, and I think others in this thread have mentioned, attack indicator is hard coded into the player window. Even if you added those elements to the target window, they would not behave correctly.

Having it work in the target window would be, in the words of my hero Rhino, beyond awesome... beawesome.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #45
Ogremania
A Fire Beetle

Hmm, I wonder how the author of the Lodi Dodi interface was able to make the target window have the flashing attack indicator.

I'm thinking this feature is not hard-coded anymore?
Ogremania is offline   Reply With Quote