Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
youngbull
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default 2 accounts one comp.

i own only one computer but it is a fairly good one and capable of running 2 everquest accounts very smoothly with one exception.

each time i attempt to bring a caracter from one account in to the same zone as a caracter from another account the caracter entering the zone "steels" the map already in active memory for use leaving the caracter already in the zone no map to display.(this is just a guess on whats hapening) if anyone has tried this you may know what i mean.

the question is dose anyone know if there is a work around for this problem or will i simply have to bite the bullet and buy a cheep comp to play the other account.
youngbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Map files are stored in a separate folder under the general EQ folder.

You can try to fix the problem by instaling EQ again in another directory (complete with maps, story mods, INI files and any UI mods you use) and load your second character/account from that one, thus letting EQ draw maps from the second installation for the second character.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #3
Llaile
A Gray Wolf

If you want to run 2 accounts you gotta have 2 directories.
Llaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
youngbull
A Hill Giant

ok so im running 2 directories one on c drive and one on another hard drive still happens the first caracter to log on looses picture when the second logs. i can still enter commands if i tell the first to sit he is sitting when i look at the seconds screen. im running XP if that helps any.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #5
goet
A Fire Beetle

Default Use EQW to run 2 accounts

The windowing capability of EQ is still not as good as EQW. Get it from www.eqwindows.com. Unzip a copy of it into both of your EQ directorys and start EQW.EXE from there. It's rock solid stable, and keeps things seperate. Instant switching between accounts using Alt-Tab. You have to keep Sound disabled on all but one of your accounts. You should have your desktop set for 16 bit colors, not 32 bit for best performance. Also, the smaller your make your screen resolution, the better performance you will get. I know someone who runs 4 accounts on 1 box.
goet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:10 PM   #6
youngbull
A Hill Giant

kick___ thanks for the help that did it
Old 04-03-2003, 12:57 AM   #7
Koradin
A Snow Cougar

Yeah EQW is so much more stable that SOE's window version. I'm able to run 3 accounts on one box.
Koradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:26 AM   #8
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Sigh. I'm still not able to run EQW I used to but since SOE's windowed version was released EQW crashes me if I'm using anything other than the default (gag) UI
Yelara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:01 AM   #9
goet
A Fire Beetle

Ok, check a couple things:

1. First, edit your EQCLIENT.INI file to make sure WindowedMode=FALSE. We dont want the native EQ windowing feature to interfere with EQW. From now on, please dont use Alt-Enter to enable windowed mode while using EQW. Use only Alt-Tab to switch beween windows.

2. Make sure your windows desktop is set to 16-bit colors, not 32-bit. then start EQW. On the first screen of EQW, make sure the Fix eqclient.ini box is checked. This will automatically edit your eqclient.ini file to match your desktop color depth, which should be 16 bits!

That ought to do it, I think.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Did all that. I even renamed my EQClient.INI file and started with no settings at all. I've been playing with various UIs to see if any other combinations of custoim files work for me It's tedious but I WILL get it to work :P
Old 04-03-2003, 11:51 AM   #11
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

Did you download the latest version of EQW?

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #12
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Curumtiny
Did you download the latest version of EQW?

Yup - just went back this morning to make sure.

Only thing I can figure is some file in my UI isn't 100% compliant with EQW. Once I figure out which one it is I'll be GTG

This thread got me thinking bout it again so I'm doing some detective work: Starting with the default and adding one modded file at a time till I crash :P
Old 04-03-2003, 02:46 PM   #13
Minuss
A Bat

I'm able to load 2 accounts on the same comp, but the loading times and the zone time is huge for one of the account ( the one I launch first... ). I've only one eq directory and using eqw... Any idea about making the loading faster ?
Minuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:58 PM   #14
goet
A Fire Beetle

Of course! It is obvious! Make a copy of your Everquest directory (call it Everquest2 or something) then start the first EQW.EXE in the Everquest directory, and start the second EQW.EXE in the Everquest2 directory.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:36 PM   #15
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I was having really bad crashing problems for awile. Then in the last week or two I havent had that problem at all. I didnt change my Interface or anything. I think their was some stuff going on with SoE servers. You could of been offected by that.
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote