Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-18-2003, 03:56 AM   #1
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Any replacement for SIDLWIDL / SIDL FIDDLE ?

Just asking, since www.sidlwidl.com is dead (and so I'm guessing is sidlwidl).
And SIDL Fiddle crashes whenever I try to use it

Is there anything else out there that can be used to generate a UI and let you see what it looks like without having to load up EQ everytime ?

Thanks

Angahran.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:57 AM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I think that EQInterface is hosting the Sidlwidl files. Do a search and you might find the link.

Here I did the hard part for you:
EQGUI Forums > Developer Discussion > Tutorials & Info. > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info. > www.sidlwidl.com
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:18 AM   #3
Angahran
Premium Member

I know sidlwidl is hosted here, but it crashes on my pc, and since the authors site is no longer there I'm guessing that there will not be any fixes/updates.

I was hoping that maybe someone else had taken up the challenge of putting together an editor that works.

Angahran.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #4
Dindas
A Gray Wolf

Server: Druzzil-Ro
Send a message via AIM to Dindas Send a message via Yahoo to Dindas

You need to have the .net framwork installed for it to work. You get it from running Windows Updates.

Dindas Stormhammer
Official Rutadorf Ossifer
56 Paladin
My stuff!!!
Dindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I don't think anyone has had any success obtaining the source code from the author. I would like to see someone to remake SidlWidl. It didn't take long for the original author to code it, I would like to see another of the excellent programmers that frequent this site to start their own project to remake it.
As great a tool it is for me, it can be damn annoying when it crashes.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:32 AM   #6
Sarkaukar
A Bat

Quote:
You need to have the .net framwork installed for it to work. You get it from running Windows Updates.

The problem is it will not work with .Net 1.1. In order to run it .Net 1.1 has to be removed and version 1 reinstalled, as per instruction from the author or such before it went down.
Sarkaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:44 AM   #7
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

I am running .NET 1.1.4322 and don't have any unusual problems with SillWidl.

Try this:
(From \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\1033\re pairRedist.htm on my computer. You should be able to find it in a similar place on yours.)

Quote:
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installation Repair

You may need to repair your installation of the .NET Framework after upgrading your operating system or if the system becomes corrupted.
To repair the .NET Framework

1. Obtain the original installation source. For example, if you installed the .NET Framework from CD or DVD, insert the disk. Or, if you downloaded the .NET Framework, download again and choose to save to disk. If you installed from a network share, reconnect.
2. On the Start menu, choose Run.
3. For Windows 98 and Windows Me type:

command

For Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP or later, type:

cmd

4. In the command window, type the following:

n:\<Installation Source>\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"

For example:
d:\dotNetFramework\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"

To repair a .NET Framework Language Pack

1. Obtain the original installation source. For example, if you installed the .NET Framework Language Pack from CD or DVD, insert the disk. Or, if you downloaded the .NET Framework Language Pack, download again and choose to save to disk. If you installed from a network share, reconnect.
2. On the Start menu, choose Run.
3. For Windows 98 and Windows Me type:

command

For Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP or later, type:

cmd

4. In the command window, type the following:

n:\<Installation Source>\langpack.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\langpack.msi"

For example:
d:\dotNetFramework\langpack.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\langpack.msi"
Old 12-02-2003, 12:17 PM   #8
Soontace
A Treant

Here is the location for the original forum. Maybe if enough people as for him to open source the code he will do so.

http://www.talismanguild.org/Talism....php?forumid=18
Soontace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #9
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Default .NET Programmer

Is there anyone in this community that has skill with .NET that would like to take over the program?

We really need to know if we have someone that can make use of the source before we start petitioning Gendal for the source.

I'm not a programmer.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #10
Taleisin

I'm working on something that works like SIDLWIDL. Right now it partly works, I can change code and save, but I cannot render what it will look like yet. I'm having to learn how to code for windows as well while I build this thing. so I wouldn't expect to see my UI editor anytime soon
Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #11
Kawfup
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Default I'll take over the code

LOADING. PLEASE WAIT...

Long time (well since it came out) .NET coder, mostly C#, but 15 years of C++ as well, and Visual Basic since 1995, so odds are if it was written using any of those I'll be able to easily handle it.

I'm also familiar with the SyncFusion assemblies he used, as well as other 3rd party UI libs such as Ghengis and Eyefinder/Sandbox.

I've been thinking about making a UI editor for a while, but if I don't have to reinvent the wheel...

I'd give full credit to the original coder as well, I do this for the fun/utility value, not for profit. I make enuff from my 'real' job

Kawfup
Kawfup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #12
Taleisin

I had to give up, I just can't code like that.. sorry for forgetting to update
Old 05-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #13
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Default Re: I'll take over the code

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawfup
LOADING. PLEASE WAIT...

Long time (well since it came out) .NET coder, mostly C#, but 15 years of C++ as well, and Visual Basic since 1995, so odds are if it was written using any of those I'll be able to easily handle it.

I'm also familiar with the SyncFusion assemblies he used, as well as other 3rd party UI libs such as Ghengis and Eyefinder/Sandbox.

I've been thinking about making a UI editor for a while, but if I don't have to reinvent the wheel...

I'd give full credit to the original coder as well, I do this for the fun/utility value, not for profit. I make enuff from my 'real' job

Kawfup

Well Gendal is still active on the Talisman forums. Send him a message about taking over the project.
http://www.talismanguild.org/Talism....php?forumid=18

Personally I would really just love to have a reliable Viewer that would catch UI errors and maybe generate a error log. I hate having to load into EQ to test a UI just for minor changes. I especially hate how EQ crashes after you have reloaded the UI so many times.

Would be nice to load the UI without loading the world and everything else as well.