Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Jidokwon
A Gray Wolf

Default Monk friendly skin? (80 to 100 hotkeys)

Still doing some searching, but haven't found anything that will let me have enough hotkeys up for all the skills, discs, aa, leadership, etc. we get. Recycling through the hotkey pages is doable, but I'm guessing there's a way to get enough hotkeys on the main screen. Any help would be appreciated.
Jidokwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

you can have 40 hotkeys on the screen through the 4 hotbutton bars and 8 more from your combat abilities window. that's it.
that said, i'm not sure what the heck you need all that space for. I play a monk too, and most of our abilities lately have been replacements for earlier abilities.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Jidokwon
A Gray Wolf

Leadership gives me seven hotkeys, eleven aa hotkeys so far and barely started there, 15 to 20 discs that I like having available, seven bandoliers, ten skills easily. 48 hotkeys up doesn't really cut it for those, custom macros, social keys, clickys, etc. Recycling through the hotkey pages is doable. Just surprised that I haven't been able to simplify things.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

I have 60 hotkeys at my disposal by utilizing 2 Hotbars and a gamepad(Nostromo n50). I have both hotbars to change pages using the same hot-key combination. I can cycle through pages 1~3 with a single button push on my gamepad for both hotbars at the same time.

I suppose you could increase that number by cycling through more pages or adding more hotbars, to 120~200 hotkeys with a single button push.

If using a gamepad is not an uption, you could still link all your hotbar pages to use the same hot-key combinations to open different pages, providing you with 80 ~400 hotkeys
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudilukudzu
you can have 40 hotkeys on the screen through the 4 hotbutton bars and 8 more from your combat abilities window. that's it.
that said, i'm not sure what the heck you need all that space for. I play a monk too, and most of our abilities lately have been replacements for earlier abilities.

You can have another another 12 visible keys by embedding AAs/abilities in macros and having a page of socials showing in the actions window, and if you have a small custom bandolier then keep that visible and switch using the selection list (with the window set on autoswitch) to free you up to 7 more. Using a clickies bar or mini inventory of some kind could also potentially free up some hotkeys by not having to have any inventory slots mapped to clickies.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
casspeus
Premium Member

OMG... What the hell do you need all those hot keys for... And 7 Bandoliers for that matter. I have 4 bandoliers (pulling, 2hb, duel weild and pet/epic)and I have all 48 of mine up... with 6 free slots and about 6 abilities are there just cause I hate seeing empty spaces. Unless your on PvP there is no reason to have that many
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by casspeus
OMG... What the hell do you need all those hot keys for... And 7 Bandoliers for that matter. I have 4 bandoliers (pulling, 2hb, duel weild and pet/epic)and I have all 48 of mine up... with 6 free slots and about 6 abilities are there just cause I hate seeing empty spaces. Unless your on PvP there is no reason to have that many

7 bandoliers - well, my main is a raid tank, not a monk.

This needs, or at least is highly facilitated by,

Dual wield/aggro setup (2*1HS)
Sword and shield tanking setup
dps with high aggro setup (2HS in my case)
dps with lower aggro setup (2HB in my case)
range/pulling setup (also with 2HP in my case)
no damage setup (faction clicky in primary + shield) - for when I need to hold a mob at a certain %age without ripostes taking it down
DS mob setup (faction clicky in primary + 1HS in secondary) - for gaining aggro and attacking without getting killed by a mob with a big DS until the DS can get debuffed

Easy to get to 7!

Hotkeys, lets see:

OFFENCE (15)

Melee attack
Kick/bash
Vehement Rage
2nd Spire
Brutal Onslaught
Fellstrike
Opportunistic Strike
Rampage
Maelstrom Blade
Gut Punch
Knee Strike
Battle Leap
Tag (swap to range / range attack / swap to melee)
Autofire
Punch Through

DEFENCE (15)

Fortitude
Furious
Final Stand
Defensive
Timeworn Runes
Commanding Voice
Warlord's Bravery
Champion's Aura
Hold the Line
Shield Reflect
3rd Spire
Mark of the Mage Hunter
Knuckle Smash
Throat Jab
Shield Topple

AGGRO (5)

Taunt
Area Taunt
Jeer
Bazu Bluster
Blast of Anger

UTILITY (6)

Press the Attack
Grappling Strike
Fourth Wind
Warlord's Tenacity
Call of Challenge
Assist MA key

COMMUNICATION (5)

Raid tanking call
Raid assist me call
Group pulling call
Divine Intervention triggered call
Request for cure call

OK off the top of my head, that's over 45 keys, plus bandoliers. Glyphs, vet AAs, pet get lost key, etc, all live on secondary banks along with all the rarely-used disciplines.

There's only one assist key listed there too - on a raid I often have half a dozen setup for specific individuals, so that regardless of who's been set as raid MA I can assist on the mob *I'M* supposed to be hitting.

Now that's a warrior, not a monk - I believe monks have quite a few more specialized discs, AAs, etc than warriors.

That said, I still get by (just) with the visible 48.

Last edited by Desideratus : 03-07-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
casspeus
Premium Member

Don't get me wrong, Monks have a ton of discs, But with so many upgrades most of those discs are worthless now. I know as a tank you have to have a TON of Hotkeys, but you really don't need that many for a monk, even with all the new spire AAs and everything else that came with SoD
casspeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
Jidokwon
A Gray Wolf

I'm still looking. I've been favoring the mini series and have over 70 keys now. I must be playing my monk differently, as I like having even abilities I don't use regularly right there in front of me when I need it. I don't want have to scroll through the hotbar bar to find dragon punch, grappling strike, blink, hold the line, sneak, and I can go on. I could easily use 10 bandoliers for different situations. This is just my basic playing style. I don't raid or pvp much, but I have setups for those occasions and don't mine swapping through the hotbar pages for them. But for my basic content, I try to capatitalize on all of my abilities and have them available when needed. Are you doing solo/group/raid content so trivial you don't have mend and fd up?