Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Willybyrd
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Minimalist movable AND sizable windows

I love Sony's improvements to the target window, particularly the ability to inspect buffs of the targeted PC. I am now modifying my custom target window to support this, and ran into an interesting dilemma.

I prefer my target window to be real simple: no filligree and no title bar. So, I use the WDT_RoundedNoCorner template with no title bar. However, Sony changed the window to make it resizable, which is nice, because you can slide the bottom border up or down to hide or show buffs, as you wish. Once I made my custom Target window resizable, I found I could no longer move the window with my mouse.

I did some research - and other downloaded parts have the same problem, if you use a minimalist window frame, you can size or move the window but not both.

If I have to build my own Window template to fix this, I will, but if anyone has a less radical solution, I would be interested. Thank you :-)
Willybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Yraen
A Ghoul

Only way I've found around it without creating templates is to remove the sizable tag :/
Yraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Willybyrd
A Gray Wolf

Default What I did ...

Thank you Yraen for your post. That is what I have done before now. However, on the target window, I would like to keep the window sizeable so that I can hide or show the target's buffs at will.

I came up with a quick but workable hack to fix this: I copied the default EQUI_Templates file into my custom UI folder, and modified the three title bar definition lines for WDT_RoundedNoTitle from:

Code:
<Right>A_RoundedFrameTitleRight</Right> <Left>A_RoundedFrameTitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_RoundedFrameTitleMiddle</Middle>

to:

Code:
<Right>A_Filigree3TitleRight</Right> <Left>A_Filigree3TitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_Filigree3TitleMiddle</Middle>

Now, for every simple-border window that I want to be movable and sizable, I use WDT_RoundedNoCorner as the template and set both sizable and titlebar to true.

Code:
<DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>

With this approach, the user can drag-and-drop the borders to size it and can drag-and-drop a very small area at the top of the window to move it.

Hope this is helpful to others, at least until someone comes up with a better approach.
Willybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

This worked great for me!! Between this post, StopLaughin's help and some code I stole from Morin's window - I finally got a target window I'm happy to use Will try and remember to upload it later if others want it.
akenta is offline   Reply With Quote