Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #1
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

Server: casic thule
Send a message via AIM to WhiteOrb
Default The Begining of the White~(Banshi UI)

Ok I've been tinkering with this idea for a while, but I'm not completely sure where to begin.

So here is the starting image let me know what you think, and where you think I should place all of the goodies.

http://whiteorb.net/UI.jpg

Also feel free to mess with the psd, but if you do make sure you show us what you've come up with please.

http://whiteorb.net/UI.psd

Just so you know these images were yanked from the artist that designed all of the cover art for EQ. So please don't yell at me I'm not trying to steal his work I just think it's beautiful.

BTW why can I not post any HTML? I played with my options for a while, but I couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by WhiteOrb : 10-30-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to Gixxerryder
Thumbs up SaaaWheet

Killer skin , cant wait to see it finished , one thing i have noticed about alot of the skins that bothers me being a cleric tho , they never keep the spell cast icons , hotbuttons and the group window close enuf . bothers me to move curson all the way accross the screen to click somones name when they are dieing for a heal . If that doesnt agree with what you have in mind its cool

Thanks, Rayen.

Rodcet Nife
Old 10-29-2002, 01:05 AM   #3
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

Smile yep yep

Yah I agree...being a druid I have to cast quickly so I think I'll drop all of that nifty stuff on the left hand side.

Also the image link at the top will be updated almost every day so don't go looking for new links.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:21 AM   #4
Earthscum
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Quellious
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Earthscum Send a message via Yahoo to Earthscum

Idea for ya...

Maybe move player/group info to left and hotbuttons to right, and incorporate a secondary image that will be the spellbook... basically, make it so it will open right next to the spell gems, and will incorporate into the entire image... this is an idea that I'm considering for my necro skin, not that we need to do alot of swapping, but when we do it's more of a life-or-death situation (ever pulled without loading up a root or fear? lol).
Old 10-29-2002, 04:23 AM   #5
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

Default Coolies

Good idea I think maybe the spellBook could be an extension of the image behind the chat box. design it to look like rocks or something to that extent.

Here is a picture of my current UI on Andeberon I was thinking of laying out this interface to look like that...what do you guys think?

http://www.whiteorb.net/Interface.jpg

And here's a copy of my UI in full if you'd like anyhing from it...the eq atlas has all of the city map jpgs attached as well....

http://www.whiteorb.net/interface.zip
Old 10-29-2002, 05:48 AM   #6
Littie
A Ghoul

Server: finnin ro

Very cool

fullsize
Old 10-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #7
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

Ok so there have been close to 400 views of this post but only two peps have replied.

I know a good percentage of you guys are creative and talented so reply and let me know.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:31 AM   #8
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Default Image size

I think maybe in game , the images of the little goblin like guys might be a little big , and seeing how most people like to use two chat windows maybe make the backround pic a little smaller and add a second chat window in there. This way its easier to see stuff while you play...

Just an idea , let me know what you think.

Rayen EagleEye
55 Ranger
Old 11-01-2002, 05:33 AM   #9
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

good idea I've been thinking of that because I use three chat windows myself...as you can see above.

I agree with the viewing size thingy myself as well Think I'll make it a whole lot smaller.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:22 PM   #10
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

hey Gix, check my UI BlueFantasy, in Released
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-02-2002, 10:49 PM   #11
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Default not bad but...

I liked your UI Ael , but... The UI i use now has everything i would like , its a combination of Vert and a few others all mixed into something very functional , what im really looking for is somthing that is FUNCTIONAL and of the wall with creativity IE : White orb or ... Cleric perspective (pipe works : D )

Both of these UIs are KILLER , could be worked on a little bit for functionality but none the less very cool.

Thats just what i think...

Rayen
Rodcet Nife Ranger of 55 lvls of dieing
Old 11-02-2002, 11:06 PM   #12
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

hehe I like that one a lot too I'm sick of Vert clones, it's so...bland...anything creative and functional is all good
Old 11-03-2002, 02:15 AM   #13
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Default vert

I only stick with vert because its what im used to , its not worth changing around your whole setup for something just a little better , i want somthing alot better b4 i go thru all the truble.

If i had seen your UI b4 or near the time i DL vert i wouldve gotten yours : )

Rayen
Old 11-20-2002, 02:01 PM   #14
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Default progres

Hows it comin White ? the Jpeg link isnt working for me anymore and im still excited to see how this one comes out ... lemmi know whats up

Rayen
Old 11-22-2002, 06:41 AM   #15
WhiteOrb
A Ghoul

Default Working on it.

Sorry about the delay I've been revamping my website, and deleted it out of there while I was doing a directory tree.

I've kinda dropped from eq a bit because I logged off one night in perfect condition then logged on the next day with no gear and at my bind point...not knowing where I had died.

I'll continue to make my contributions..I'll post that image back up there for yah, and get a little bit more done with it.

Once again i appologize for being lazy.