Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Default Donations Feature

The only thing that really needs to be added to game play in my opinion is a donation room feature. Most MUDs have these and they make a lot of sense. They give newbs a chance to have equipment they couldn't otherwise get.

Restrictions could be placed on the rooms (or NPCs). You couldn't enter if you are over a certain level. You can't remove more than a few items. You can't get stuff for the sake of getting it. Perhaps a random item could be picked from the donations bin upon request and you were only allowed one donation per slot.

Something to think about.
UniDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
Blarz
A Snow Griffin

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Donations Feature

Quote:
Originally posted by UniDyne
The only thing that really needs to be added to game play in my opinion is a donation room feature. Most MUDs have these and they make a lot of sense. They give newbs a chance to have equipment they couldn't otherwise get.

Restrictions could be placed on the rooms (or NPCs). You couldn't enter if you are over a certain level. You can't remove more than a few items. You can't get stuff for the sake of getting it. Perhaps a random item could be picked from the donations bin upon request and you were only allowed one donation per slot.

Something to think about.

I don't know how SOE would re-act to this, I ran a mud online for over 7 years, Donation room is an awesome idea problem is you would get spammed to death when entering room or all you would see is a pile of bags. On top of that the dropped items timer would be then placed on an item in that room. Now going along on your idea which I personally like is this, an NPC or two in a donation room just like a vender, who you could click on to see the items, this way would stop the dropped items timer. Also they would need to add some sort of sorting method out as some items are diety/race/class specific, and what would happen to items when the npc became overwelmed with items as they can only hold 255 items according to SOE at 1 time. I would imagine that SOE would make the arguement over it eating bandwidth with sorting the items, who gets the item that any class/race/diety can use, which could be easily fixed with a rotating drop to a donation room, on top of that they would complain about people just staying in a donation room collecting items then either selling them in bazaar OR straight to a vender. Just some basic ideas but I love the idea, but I highly doubt SOE would go for it
Blarz is offline   Reply With Quote