Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-18-2002, 11:04 PM   #31
Wolfhugger01
A Bat

Server: The Tribunal
Send a message via AIM to Wolfhugger01

Anybody got fixes for Vert 1.1? I've tried 2.2 but it's way too laggy and I like the 1.1 look anyway. I've even tried to get this patch and place it in my vert 1.1 folder and it causes terrible lag. Now I am back to scratch playing with the default
Old 10-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #32
rowe32837
A Bat

Default Vert Spell Gems

Downloaded and applied the vert patch, got it to work by using old style /loadskin vert 1 command. All is good, except the colored outlines on the spell gems are gone. Any suggestions?
rowe32837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 05:25 PM   #33
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

I had the same problem after trying Sokol's patch. The problem was (as LanceManion posted) that I wasn't using a TKing spell bar, as was included in Sokol's fix. Everything worked just peachy, except for not having the little colored areas around my spells, but after a few minutes I started getting horrendous lag; it got so bad that I couldn't even move my character. I posted one that used the "old" Vert animations file with the new changes included. I'm not sure which one you tried, but if you're not using the TKing spell bar, try the one I posted and let us know if it helps at all.
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #34
Kalamos
A Ghoul

Smile Thanks!

Thanks Lancemanion.

That fix worked great for me. My textures.txt file was 174MB. I couldn't even open it. So I deleted it and followed your cut and paste instructions. Logged in, zoned, then logged out and the file is gone.

Worked like a charm. Also, I can see the "black holes" behind my spell gems again as well as the colored lights in the upper right corner of the gem graphic.
Kalamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 05:16 PM   #35
Ventrix
A Ghoul

Server: Xegony
Send a message via ICQ to Ventrix Send a message via AIM to Ventrix
Default Vert 2.2 Crystal Meth, 10/16 patched.

for those of you looking for vert 2.2 crystal meth with the 10/16 patches, I publicly posted it on our Guild's website for download. here is the link... http://www.eq-invincible.com/download/vert.zip

Ventrix
60 Phantasmist of Xegony
Ventrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #36
Lolien Windblad
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell-Thule

lol, I had a 481mb texture.txt in my EQ directory. Got error when trying to open it

Trying if LanceManion's guide fixed it
Old 11-06-2002, 04:55 PM   #37
dstalon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Vazalle
Default texture.txt file

I just checked mine and it was 4GB!!!! and it was still running half way descent. Just every once in a while it would hic-up.
dstalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #38
Lolien Windblad
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell-Thule

Well, I still get a message when logging on a character that my current UI isnt compatible for this version of EQ.... (or something like that)

Anyone know what I shoul do?
Lolien Windblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:36 PM   #39
dstalon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Vazalle

That's because you must delete the EQUI_BazaarWindow.xml file (not sure if its spelt exactly like that... but it will be the only one with Bazaar in it). Then you should have that error anymore. There is an updated version of Vert2.2 out now on the downloads section that will allow you to get the newest version without this bug and the texture.txt bug.
dstalon is offline   Reply With Quote