Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Noxlupus
A Gray Wolf

Default Need Help with accessing a Container slot?

Is there a way to access a container slot without having to actually Open the the container?
Noxlupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

No, not currently. A lot of the magic of containers is hard coded so that parts of the XML for containers is changed depending on how it was accessed. This is why there is one XML but really a lot more containers that can be opened.

The InvSlots on the container are hard coded to be named what they are named and are setup in hard wired ways to operate properly depending on what bag you open etc. So you can't put specify currently which bag and which slot in that bag a specific InvSlot object is.

It would be plausible that they add EQTypes for InvSlot objects that correspond to possible inventory slots. Like EQType 104 is Bag Slot 4 and you can put that on your hotkey box. But until they do this, you can only put general inventory slots there because they have their own EQType. The container EQTypes depend on what you clicked on to cause the window to open.

I think. This is all me guessing based on what I've been able to ascertain playing around with things.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:41 PM   #3
Noxlupus
A Gray Wolf

That's basicly what I've come up with, but I've learned from programing is that just cause I haven't come up with a way doesn't mean that someone else hasn't found away around it.

Thanks Pini
Noxlupus is offline   Reply With Quote