Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-12-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Unhappy Dropping to DT since last patch no UI Errors or anything...

Subject says it... Ever since the recent patch I've been getting kicked to desktop every 1/2 hr or so of playing... I don't have a gforce card... not using all the luclin models, using 16bit, everything is off... tried /newui, doesn't seem to be the ui...checked the ''knowledge'' portion of eqlive, and was no help to me...

Last edited by CVamian : 01-15-2003 at 08:56 PM.
CVamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Check your UIError.txt log file.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:00 PM   #3
beano_33
A Gray Wolf

I have the same problem, but in my ui errors log, it just tells me that there was an error generated today. That's it
beano_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

UIErrorLog created at Sun Jan 12 10:34:09 2003

No errors there...

Last edited by CVamian : 01-12-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:07 AM   #5
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default =/

bump still happening
Old 01-13-2003, 12:12 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Nothing at all in your UIError.txt log file? That's annoying, isn't it, since it's the first place to start debugging.

Ah well, we can always try other things. zip up your custom folder and email it through to me:

[email protected]

and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:20 AM   #7
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

cool thanks... I really don't think it's the ui as I posted the txt file here as well... Just really gets annoying when I go in for the killing blow on a sabretooth cub for my shackle quest and SPLAT I get kicked to desktop...

It's been going on since after the patch... I got the error loading the old ui I had going on, and then erased my old ui out of the custom folders, copied in the default from default folder, then worked from the custom ui zips I had to see what worked and what didn't... I haven't tried to use default, though I haven't sat around using default to see how long it keeps me on, I'll try it tonight..

Thing is.... I got the new ui to work, with my custom stuff, got no ui errors, as you can see the uierror txt... and I get no errors when I go into play, so... I am not sure what it is... and I know I am not the only one having this problem...

I'd just hate to sit in Tech Chat tomorrow and find out that what they suggest is something I've tried and then I get kicked to the bottom of the line
Old 01-13-2003, 07:30 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

One other thing for me to suggest. A guildmate was having a similar problem, for no apparent reason. What she ended up doing was deleting her eqclient.ini, Charname_server.ini, Charname_server.opt and UI_charname_server.ini files. Then she logged in, letting EQ re-create those files from scratch. After that ... she was able to drop her custom UI back in and everything has worked fine since then. The only truly "annoying" part of this operation is losing all her friends list, socials, etc. I'd suggest just moving (not deleting) your .opt file out of your main EQ directory into a temp folder, then go ahead and let EQ set them all up again. If that fixes it, then you can try putting your opt file back in, and see if it still works. Can't hurt to try. If it doesn't work, well, the files are on their way to me anyway (although I make no promises).
Old 01-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #9
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default :(

I'll try the opt part... but I did try the INI part so it could repatch it, dropped me even quicker than before, had 10min if that of game time them SPLAT, straight to desktop, no errors nothing....
Not finding opt files... will try the rest though... Didn't work, still got kicked after 15min of play...

Last edited by CVamian : 01-13-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #10
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default :(

tried it again still getting kicked to desktop
Old 01-14-2003, 07:14 PM   #11
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Angry

Still getting kicked to desktop since patch it's not like it's a connection thing, cause the ping doesn't change at all, I just go "splat" desktop, after I start playing ...

Sent the info to the GM guy posted about it on the eq boards... haven't heardly diddly since, another day I crash to desktop and nothing is done....
Old 01-15-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Angry

Resorted to using Default, reinstalled yet again... still got dropped to desktop after about 30min of tme... Nothing has worked, and if I cannot find a fix for this I am going to quit, I don't want to, but if CSR cannot/won't help me, forget it then, I am screwed... I attack, I loot, I do actions and after 10-30min I get dropped this has happened since the last patch, nothing has worked, and if there is NO fix for this within' a few weeks I am just going to quit, won't give anything to anyone just delete my character and say "screw it"... I don't want to, but since CSR has been absolute NO help to me, that is my last resort unfortuneatly.

Any ideas yet Cairenn? Cause I've used them all, and I'm getting down to my last resort here which is deleting my characters and just quitting...
Old 01-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #13
kitsinu
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Xegony

I don't know if this is the problem or not, but it is worth a shot. It doesn't seem likely since your problem came at patch time.

Get an up to date virus scanner and scan your system. I found I had a network virus that simply spread itself without doing (much) harm to my system. I think it would try to send itself to EQ which crashed me out of the game.

This sort of virus is used in denial of service attacks. It gets on your system and then spams some address like Yahoo to shut them down. Of course, it freely makes use of your bandwidth to do that.

You also might want to adjust your DataRate setting.
kitsinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #14
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

adjust my datarate setting to.. what? hehe I don't want to mess it up.. it's at 5.0 right now..

Just talked to another GM last night, he read all the stuff about my computer that I posted and said it all was ok prior to 2 other GMs before him saying "This is wrong, that is wrong" he said "It pretty much looks ok", then said me to get updated drivers for via 4in1... did that... was able to kill about 6-8 things without dropping, though I am not too trusty of it till I can stay on a while... Then had someone else tell me to update my drivers again, then said "Oh fall back on something less updated, and even though your sound looks ok and your graphics looks ok they are outdated and should barely be working with eq anyways" or something to that extent...So, really confused me...

I'll check the virus scan though...
Old 01-16-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

What is your connection? If you are on cable or adsl, set your datarate.txt to 9

And, check your PMs.