Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2002, 07:02 PM   #1
UsuRpeR
A Ghoul

Default Vert Mod Compatibility??

I just installed the latest vert mod. I've looked thru the site for the answer to my upcoming question but just havn't found it. Sorry if this is recycled.

Is vert mod stand alone? Am I unable to use any other mods except vert and vert add-ons?

I have set up vert as my uiskin=vert per instructions. I /load vert. I then attemtped to make a sub folder for a few mods I liked over vert. I tried using the loc compass, tking spellbook, ivy gem spellcaster, etc...

I made a folder named ranger in the uifile folder. Then typed /loadskin ranger 1 When I do that I lose the vert mod and it reverts back to the original ui with the mods in my ranger folder. What am I doing wrong here?

Also I tried adding a couyple vert add-ons. I just installed them into the vert folder and overwrote the original ones like the inventory and spell cast. Doing that created an error in loading vert.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks folks!
UsuRpeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

This is what I've done, and so far it's worked (keep your fingers crossed).

First, I followed the instructions on the Vert mod (which you've done).

Second, I copied the Vert file, renamed it (in your case you said you had a file called "Ranger").

Third, I found all the nifty doodads that I preferred and put them into the newly created file ("Ranger" in your case) overwriting the existing ones.

Lastly, I did the /loadskin Ranger 1, and *poof* there it is.

Keep in mind however that not all mods are going to be compatible. They might use similar names or something equally as frustrating. With any luck, this will help you at least a little. Another thing that I did was to only change one item at a time. That way if there was an error, I would know that Mod X wasn't compatible. (UI Error file is a blessing sometimes!)
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 09:14 AM   #3
UsuRpeR
A Ghoul

Thanks a lot for your input. I'll go ahead try that and see what happens =) Thanks again.
UsuRpeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
Nylok
A Treant

Default Try This Also

Something else you may want to try is using the UIBuilder found on the homepage of EQinterface. Its all Vert, but you can choose which spell book, icons, etc you want to use. Just a thought

Nylok Souldestroyer
Nylok is offline   Reply With Quote