Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Aegolwyn
A Fire Beetle

Question Need help in DLing UI complete set

I've been at this for hours and I still cant get it to work ,
I have followed all the FAQ and Readme instructions, but it still hasnt worked. here is the DL site http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1731
so sur, i unzip a file. my directory is whateverC/programfiles/everquest/uifiles/nightelf-may2003 and so nightelf-may2003 i suposed was the custom file folder thing.. and sure, i renamesd the UI_name_##_.ini to my char and number, meaning UI_Aegolwyn_50_.ini and then i back up the origional file, and then i load EQ, it still doesnt work,,, im a confused little kid dad couldnt help much, he doesnt even play EQ. My default folder is fine and dandy but its still wont work,, everytime i try and DL the skin, it uses the default one,,, i dont know why,, i chose nightelf-may2003 which is the correct file, and it brings up the default with none of my hotbuttons, ohh dear,,, i have to make them all over again... This might be a little over my age material, but you cant stop me so just send me a reply to help me solve this chrisis

" The King of Towns gone mad with pawer! He's gonna eat the chort!"

--Coach Z
www.homestarrunner.com
Aegolwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr
Default Re: Need help in DLing UI complete set

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegolwyn
so sur, i unzip a file. my directory is whateverC/programfiles/everquest/uifiles/nightelf-may2003 and so nightelf-may2003 i suposed was the custom file folder thing..

What you want to do is when you unzip it click on your Everquest directory then set it up to overwrite and with subdirectories. The creater when making the zip file included the folder for Uifiles and the nightelf.
Quote:
and sure, i renamesd the UI_name_##_.ini to my char and number, meaning UI_Aegolwyn_50_.ini and then i back up the origional file, and then i load EQ, it still doesnt work,,, im a confused little kid dad couldnt help much, he doesnt even play EQ. My default folder is fine and dandy but its still wont work,, everytime i try and DL the skin, it uses the default one,,, i dont know why,, i chose nightelf-may2003 which is the correct file, and it brings up the default with none of my hotbuttons, ohh dear,,, i have to make them all over again... This might be a little over my age material, but you cant stop me so just send me a reply to help me solve this chrisis

Then copy and paste the UI_Name_xx.ini back up your old ini file for that character. Then rename it to UI_Aegolwyn_50.ini. If you do this part before going into EQ when you go into the game you will not have to load the skin it should come up automaticaly.

Hope this helps.

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
Aegolwyn
A Fire Beetle

umm i seriously dont get what u just said
Aegolwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #4
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

okay
1. rename your folder from Nightelf-may2003 to Nightelf.
2. rename the UI_Name_xx.ini to UI_Aegolwyn_50.ini
3. Load up Eq
4. Log into Aegolwyn
The UI should now be up if it is not then:
5. /loadskin Nightelf 1
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote