Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2003, 03:50 AM   #1
valbarr
A Ghoul

Server: fennin ro
Default I call it small, dont ask why.

just some quick info, notice group window, only one person in group, health bar is the same color as the F2 key etc, and percentage health

each person in groups health bar is same color as there corresponding F key makes it very easy to see who to target, and also when no group all you have is that line of F keys down right side

target window also vanishes when no target, but when you have a pet up, it shows that on target window and also casting bar.

container has primary secondary ranged ammo slots

lots of other stuff, what do people think so far ? this is a mix and match, mostly other peoples work, that i have modified

valbarr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000001.jpg (129.3 KB, 719 views)
valbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 03:52 AM   #2
valbarr
A Ghoul

here is a screenshot with inventory open, no one in group, and no target
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000000.jpg (122.1 KB, 312 views)
Old 09-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
valbarr
A Ghoul

feedback please, some looked no one said its good or bad
Old 09-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
valbarr
A Ghoul

testing testing 1 2 3 who is in this topic......... oh its just me
Old 09-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #5
Taxet
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not my kind of UI...I find it attrusive and non useable....
Taxet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #6
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk

Well, it's not the kind of UI I would use either but it's always good to see people come up for UIs for smaller resulotions. It seems to me that there isn't a lot of room for the buff window if you had lost of buffs. You might want to consider playing around with that. The one feature I think is nice is the group window which looks really well laid out to me (though I don't use the F keys to target).
Starshelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:14 PM   #7
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk

One other thing I would suggest. I absolutely adore T.King artwork, but it might be better if you designed your player window to follow the set up and design of your group window, which would help the UI flow together a little more I think. Consistency is one thing I always look for when it comes to UIs.
Starshelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #8
Qassack
A Treant

I like the look Geldo. While T.King and others do great artwork, I really despise all the extra borders etc in those UIs.

Comments:

Needs a new spellgem/cast set up. Preferably something simple with the names of the spells next to the gems?

How about a 4 or 5 slot right-clicky box next to the hotkey box?

I have not tried this UI yet, but having a cast bar directly under the target health window that is the exact same length is very helpful. Especially when timing CH to your target's health.

Smaller spellbook ! Takes up way too much of the screen. Same goes for compass.

I would also seek a less ornate or just a smaller version of the player info window.

What resolution are you using?
Caelum Infinitum
Qassack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #9
valbarr
A Ghoul

well the main reason i have the big TK draconis spell gem, is because you right click the big gem to get spell favorites up, this of course isnt needed now that we have /mem (favorites name)

also im a mage, the targetting bar, does have above it a little green bar showing your pets health, and below it, a purple spell casting bar, i will show this in another screenshot. all that info together, is great for me i can see mobs health, pets health, if my nuke is going to get off in time, all my looking at same part of screen.

as for right clickes, ALT f brings up a click click box, using friends window

player window, mostly its the same as the group window, except gropu window has ticks between bubbles, but i havent found a player window that either looks as good, or has the info that i want to be able to see all the time

another thing i have tried to do with this UI, i want stuff to vanish when not needed, notice when you dont have a group, there are no empty bars ,or anything just a small set of numbers to the right of screen, and also when you dont have a target, the target bar vanishes, out of the way

i used to have a spawn timer on the pet window, but sony made that impossible, as that window now vanishes when you dont have a pet, etc

currently im using viewport so bottom half of screen is blank for chat window etc, but i have been toying with simply making chat window borders go invisible if the pointer isnt on it, so you see the full screen

im going to make a better screenshot with a full group, and a pet, and a spell half cast, see what you guys think

im currently using 1024x768 but this UI works well in almost any resolution even 800x600
Old 10-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #10
Koohkies
A Fire Beetle

also not my type of ui.

however, there is some originality here =)
Koohkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
OneDeadlyBum
A Gray Wolf

Eh, not my kind of UI.

While I think its great that your making a UI for us people that use lower resolutions, most people look for something that looks good (usually tking artwork, fancy borders/animations/etc all over) or something thats functional.

Compared to other UIs out there, your UI is a bit...lacking in both of those areas Most people with low resolutions want pure funcitonality over good looks, and if you stripped some of the fancy graphics/big unecessary pictures and designed a nice overall skin, I could see people using something like that.

Maybe have a nice all-in-one window (similar to SARS) and then just have everything else be minimalistic and no fancy graphics.
OneDeadlyBum is offline   Reply With Quote