User Name
Password

Old 05-09-2003, 02:54 AM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Planet Side Beta

Can't go into details since it is still in Beta.

BUT I can tell you that the game is a lot more fun that I was expecting. I couple of people convinced me to give it a try and I have to say I suprised myself with how much I enjoyed it..

On a side note, for those lucky people who did get in.. If your on the Johari server, and see JubeiX running around be sure and mention that they could do with some manner leasons.

JubeiX invited me into a group, I ran all over to find them, then I got on the transport to go with them to a "hot zone" and got booted from the group when two friends logged in without even so much is a "hey man, sorry but some friends logged in". I dont care that two friends logged in, but at least tell me ahead of time so I can make other plans. Having to send tells to ask why I was removed is just wrong.

I know it's prolly bad form to "flame" someone on the front page where thousands of people will read it.. But you know what, I have compliemented enough people on the front page. I think its only fair to take a moment to share that one rare (thankfully rare) person who just doesnt seem to know how to be a good sport in a game.

Again.. that one small incident aside.. Game is alot of fun, I would call it a cross between "virtual paint-ball" and "the future in Terminator" (you will see). and I don't think that is breaking the NDA (non-disclosure agreement)

Moral of the Story: Be nice to newbies, you never know what website they might own

Happy Modd'ing! and Playing!

- Kudane

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Raynsmajic
An Icepaw Kobold

hehe, Kudane, I say you should flame all you want, something like that just isn't right. and while i haven't checked out Planetside and don't plan on playing it (immore going towards Shadowbane myself) i think that something like that is a big NO-NO in any game. good luck with it though.
Tunare Server
/gsay Time for some smackey smackey on %T!
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
Raynsmajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #3
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal

Yeah, I've been playing Planetside and I've noticed a lot people don't hold their squadron in very high regard. I can't say I've been kicked out of one but I have had members who take off to somewhere else as soon as they are invited and people quit with out saying goodbye.

When you do get into a good squadron I do have to say that its incredible. I happened to get into two fairly good squadrons early on and we spent a good deal of time working as a mobile team securing towers and bases. It was much fun.

Oh, BTW, you can talk about Planetside all you want -- they've lifted the NDA.

I have to say that overall I'm very pleased with game and its been funner than I've expected. I'm not entirely sure if I'm up for paying a monthly fee for the game. I'm almost conviced its worth it but not quite. Your characters build quite fast and so it doesn't have that long term character building involvement that EverQuest has that seems to keep us all hooked in. But then again, its fast and fun.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:57 AM   #4
Katn
An Icepaw Kobold

How you get to beta test things like this?
Katn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:04 AM   #5
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal

Here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/122855.shtml

It was Fileplanet Subscribers only, but it looks like its open to even the free users now. But I guess the beta ends next week.
Aerasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:24 AM   #6
Shathis
A Bat

Server: Tallon Zek

i've downloaded the Planetside_beta.exe from fileplanet twice now..still no luck. I keep getting an 877meg file that won't install. Trying for the third time now, hopefully i'll get to check it out before the release date.
Shathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #7
Enigman
A Bat

Similar problem here. Downloaded and installed without any errors, but trying to log in kicks me out with an error message. One hopes the final version will be a bit more stable. I am certainly not going to buy it without waiting to see how many people have problems with it first.
Enigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:23 AM   #8
Nostrilman
A Gray Wolf

Server: Cazic-thule

Planetside has a lot of good things going for it, and through some very good "tweaks" in the beta, was made even more fun! Before the beta ended, I was seeing things about "platoons" of 3 squads, another logical tactical group.

I experienced a bad squad where I was invited, the squad leader died shortly after, and disbanded the squad without a word.

But if you get in a good squad...Great Fun! Especially when you find a good squad from the opposite team to fight...

I think the impolite squad is just growing pains for the Planetside community. There are quite a few really good squad leaders out there. I'm thinking the bad ones come from games like Halflife and Unreal Tournament, where it's just FPS, no character development or "reputation" to maintain.

I'm wondering if there will be a way to modify the interface, like in Everquest...
Nostrilman is offline   Reply With Quote