Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #1
oberon
A Fire Beetle

Question 'Swapping' UI Windows Help

Hello Everyone,

My first post on these forums so here goes:

As you all know the Inventory window automatically closes on zoning. However, I want my Inv window mod to stay on screen permanently (like the pet window for example).

Does anyone know how I could achieve this?

My first strategy was simply to copy the Inventory XML data into a window that did stay open after zoning e.g. the Help window. I received a 'duplication' error after trying this. I then attempted to correct the error by copying the original Help window XML over the data in my Inv XML file (thereby 'swapping' the data in my Inv and Help files), but unfortunately this didn't work either.

Really appreciate any help on this issue,

Cheers

Shoggoth
oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #2
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

there is only some things you can but from one window to another not all will go thats why you got an error.. as of keeping that window open sorry ya cant =(
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #3
Armengar
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Funny you should mention the pet window since that it exactly where I have my "perminant" inventory located. There are a couple of issues with doing this but it is definately possible.

1. If you simply copy everything from one window to the other without renaming the individual elements you will get the duplication error. Notice that within the windows each element name starts with an abreviation for that window. This isn't the system that you have to use but it does give each instance of, for example, your chest slot a unique name. As I recall everything in the Pet Window starts with PW_ while everything in the Inventory Window starts with IW_, making your two unique chest slot instances PW_Chest and IW_Chest. Each slot will contain the exact same item of course but you now have two unique instances of your Chest slot. Also be sure that the element names are mirrored in the "Pieces" lines of your code.

2. The autoequip box will ONLY work in the Inventory Window, period. You can't move it and you can only have the one instance that exists in the Inventory Window.

3. Do not try to create hotbuttons from your "new" inventory slots in the Pet Window. From personal experience, left-click-hold will crash you to desktop. You CAN left-click as normal to swap out what is equiped in the slot but don't try to hold the mouse button down. I'm guessing that it has to do with the way the windows are hard coded to behave and the Pet Window is not coded to allow for the creation of hotkeys.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps.
Armengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 08:19 AM   #4
oberon
A Fire Beetle

Wink Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys.

Looks like I am stuck with my current Inventory window for now.

Oh well....
oberon is offline   Reply With Quote