Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Default Buff/Effects window

Since my return to Norrath, I've been using the same buff/effects window from my old UI (screenshots found HERE), and I have a question about modifying it a touch.

This is something I remember trying to accomplish back when I was into modding, but abandoned the idea because I couldn't get it to work.
I like the vertical buff line...in fact, I love it. Although my UI now is quite different from the one I used to use, I am still running into the same issue, with my buff slots. Now, adding in the extra five buff slots for PoR (once I pick up the expansion) is not an issue I can't tackle...easy stuff, for me, especially after adding slots 16-20 (take a look at the TGA, and you'll see what I mean. =P ), HOWEVER, once I do, I will be sorely lacking room for the effects window...as in, due to my melee/spell spam windows on the bottom right of my screen, I won't have ANY space. While I can't really see a use for more than six shown song slots, as that should be the extent of bard twisting in a group, or raid (health/mana songs, and the proper resist, as far as I recall...so not many slots needed), my main issue is that I'd like to make the short duration effects window ONLY horizontal (with buff labels underneath the icons. As I said, I've tried this before, and couldn't get it working, so fishing for suggestions and insight here.

"Now he comes again, death on his heels, his eyes cold and hard; a mask to hide a thing that should not be. He is strength, fury, hate and peace all, and he is none...he is invincible."
- Seifer Dan`nodel (Book V: [no title, yet]; Chapter VII: Visions Within a Dream)
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Because auras and epic 1.5/20 clicks go into the short duration buff window, it's now quite easy to use up almost all 12 slots. After the 12th, they overflow into your normal buff window.

Anyhow, it's definitely possible to do a horizontal window. The easiest way to get them to go where you want is using autostretch and using the autostretch set of alignment numbers to force the icon into the position you want.

Doing it this way (using autostretch) you can have them fill in in any order you want; left-to-right, right-to-left, outside-to-inside, etc.

Also, max buffs is still 21. You can get a total of 6 extra slots via AA and DoN progression.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
Because auras and epic 1.5/20 clicks go into the short duration buff window, it's now quite easy to use up almost all 12 slots. After the 12th, they overflow into your normal buff window.

Ah, that's a pain. Wasn't aware of that, so makes a good bit more sense, now.

Quote:
Anyhow, it's definitely possible to do a horizontal window. The easiest way to get them to go where you want is using autostretch and using the autostretch set of alignment numbers to force the icon into the position you want.

Doing it this way (using autostretch) you can have them fill in in any order you want; left-to-right, right-to-left, outside-to-inside, etc.

Think I'll need you to get into a little more detail about this...what I had done was modified the TGA file, and forced the XML to call up certain positions. It's the exact same way the buff window is working, but it simply didn't work, despite my groans of frustration, and the clumps of hair I tore out. Heh.

Quote:
Also, max buffs is still 21. You can get a total of 6 extra slots via AA and DoN progression.

Hmm, had assumed that PoR AAs added 5 more, because I've seen so many UIs up, now, with up to 25 buff slots. Leaves me to wonder why people are taking up extra screen real estate for nothing, when that's the case? But hey, then again, I'm a minimalist. Hehe.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramil Dannodel
Think I'll need you to get into a little more detail about this...what I had done was modified the TGA file, and forced the XML to call up certain positions. It's the exact same way the buff window is working, but it simply didn't work, despite my groans of frustration, and the clumps of hair I tore out.

You'd have to explain in detail what you did. What you described is how any graphics are pulled out of a graphics file by XML... so I'm at a loss.

Assuming a default SD Buff Window file, you can replace all instances of:

<Location>
<X>#</X>
<Y>#</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>#</CX>
<CY>#</CY>
</Size>

with:

<AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
<LeftAnchorOffset>#</LeftAnchorOffset>
<TopAnchorOffset>#</TopAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorOffset>#</RightAnchorOffset>
<BottomAnchorOffset>#</BottomAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorToLeft>true</RightAnchorToLeft>
<BottomAnchorToTop>true</BottomAnchorToTop>
<LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft>
<TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop>

for all the buff icons. The AnchorOffsets are what you use instead of Location and Size to position the buff icons. They override EQ's hardcoded buff organizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramil Dannodel
Hmm, had assumed that PoR AAs added 5 more, because I've seen so many UIs up, now, with up to 25 buff slots. Leaves me to wonder why people are taking up extra screen real estate for nothing, when that's the case?

PoR didn't add any AAs. People are either ignorant to the fact the last 4 buff slots don't function, or are planning ahead for when they do.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote