Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Pet Window problem

Ok here is the problem .. I wanted to edit the pet window so that it would show more buffs then it currently does.. i got the window to the size i want and all appeared to be well. I got a pet up and found a problem.

The buttons(pet attack, follow, etc.) were in the wrong place after resizing the window so had to move them . But now when you try to use them they do nothing...no tool tip reference when you hover on them either..

Thanks for any input

Last edited by Halelen : 04-11-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

A screen shot would be helpful here.

I have found the best way to mod pet windows is to set sizable to false and fiddle with it until its right. Change the sizable to true if you want it sizable when done, then exit the game. Go into the EQ_Player_server file and change the petinfo window X and Y size to the unsized setting you have in the UI mod.

Other than that, make sure the Button is not actualy outside the ui screen boundary or that the buf window is not ontop of it.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
Halelen

Sorry didnt post a screenshot...thought maybe it was something simple I was overlooking...

Last edited by Halelen : 04-14-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

If you look at your code, the Y axis size is 640, the bottom anchor offset for the buf window is 23, placing the bottom of the bufwindow and Y617. The lowest button is at Y542. The buf window is overlaping the buttons.

Your screen shot does not look like it should based on the code you uploaded.
I would try either not using anchors and size the pet window and place it like any other nested window, or maybe try using BottomAnchorToTop>true</
instead of false. Maybe experiment moving the bottom anchor to 150 to give enough room for the button and verify its working.

One other thought, notice the template is WTD_Buffs2. This window uses a custom window template that may need to be moddified and possibly has .tga files that will need to be modded as well.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrian1
If you look at your code, the Y axis size is 640, the bottom anchor offset for the buf window is 23, placing the bottom of the bufwindow and Y617. The lowest button is at Y542. The buf window is overlaping the buttons.

Your screen shot does not look like it should based on the code you uploaded.
I would try either not using anchors and size the pet window and place it like any other nested window, or maybe try using BottomAnchorToTop>true</
instead of false. Maybe experiment moving the bottom anchor to 150 to give enough room for the button and verify its working.

One other thought, notice the template is WTD_Buffs2. This window uses a custom window template that may need to be moddified and possibly has .tga files that will need to be modded as well.

Thanks a ton Fenrian I would have never got that...was quite simple fix..just had to change bottom anchor to true and all works well now ...