Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 06-16-2003, 09:47 PM   #16
Mandrakkon
A Gray Wolf

Patched and uierrors = this now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tothsuierrors2.zip (8.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-16-2003, 09:50 PM   #17
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Installed patch. Mouse now working but still very very laggy, unplayable even.

Errors inc again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip error.zip (2.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #18
Atmablue
A Gray Wolf

Exclamation

You're calling mouse.tga in the EQUI_Animations.xml file...

Code:
<!-- Cursors --> <!-- SOLARIA --> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_DefaultCursor"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>mouse.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y>

I just replaced this with the code from the default skin, and I have a mouse cursor now.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:56 PM   #19
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I get a bunch of lines like ...

[Mon Jun 16 21:55:10 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\solaria\ not found in directory UIFiles\solaria\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jun 16 21:55:11 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\solaria\ not found in directory UIFiles\solaria\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

... and it spams the file like mad, that's where all the lag is coming from is because of the file system usage to spit that out.

I reverted back to my Drakah DAOC (with self mods) and *poof* gone. Have to love those -really- descriptive error messages, eh?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #20
Atmablue
A Gray Wolf

All of my lag appears when the short duration buff window is on... when I turn it off, I'm lag free.

I'll take a look at that xml file and see what I can find.

Everyone else, kill the SDBW and see if your lag goes away.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:01 PM   #21
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmablue
All of my lag appears when the short duration buff window is on... when I turn it off, I'm lag free.

I'll take a look at that xml file and see what I can find.

Everyone else, kill the SDBW and see if your lag goes away.

That did it, I killed the bard song window and *poof*, the spamming of the UIErrors file stopped entirely (thus, lag *poof*)
Old 06-16-2003, 10:18 PM   #22
Atmablue
A Gray Wolf

Some more poking around and I discovered that Windows_Pieces08.tga is being referenced in the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file.

Hope this info helps.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:23 PM   #23
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

OK, I have found the source of the lag, and have have fixed the problems with the mouse.tga, and windowpieces08. for now use the default vert25 mouse.tga and windowpieces08.tga Now to stop lag, turn of the short duration buff window ALT E
i will investigate this window further, but with it up, it lags like no tomorrow with it closed it doesn't. the odd thing is, yesterday there was 0 lag with all windows open, but I will look into it further.

-sokol
Old 06-16-2003, 10:29 PM   #24
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Well stupid me, just add the window_pieces08.tga and the mouse.tga and the lag should stop, just loaded even with the SDbuff window and it's lag free, also I decided to take the windowpieces08.tga out today, but didnt remeber about the refrence in the buff window even thought it's not actualy used for anything. We will take it out ine the next beta release after you all can try it w/o the lag

Another one, toss in buff.tga and that will help to, for now let me fix the changes and upload a new version.

-sokol

EDIT:
Try this for now and let me know overwrite ALL files,
Remove window_pieces08.tga
Remove Buff.tga
Remove Mouse.tga

NOTE: the above fix is still being tested.
sorry for the problems, but thats what betas are for eh?
Attached Files
File Type: zip solaria-beta-1.3-patch.zip (33.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Sokol : 06-16-2003 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #25
Goah
A Snow Cougar

did the above and all working smooth

now just waiting for more fun stuff to add change, look forward to more mods.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #26
Kulala
A Bat

Smile Works well =)

Solaria 1.3 works well on my laptop (P4 2.1 / ATi Radeon 7500 / 520 Ram), I played about 2 hrs no any lag (the only lag was D/L patch1.3 =P)

New buff window looks very good, clear and small =), but the spell book really a little big =P, will try more and feedback later.

[65 Prophet] Kulala (Wood Elf) <Kylin Eyes> in TN
Old 06-17-2003, 12:34 AM   #27
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Just D/L and tried it out a few moments ago I got to say it looks great! But there was a problem. I don't know if this had anything to do with the earlier mentioned problems but when I loaded the UI in the mouse suddenly started to move slower than normal. Not by much mind you but enough to notice. I wasn't really on long enough to do anything else, really just wanted to see what it looked like in game. Overall I would have to say that this is going to be a great UI once it has been bug free and finalized. You guys do great work!!
I did however get some UI errors and I've sent them along for you to look at. Also this is the full version and the patch all installed before I logged in. My system specs are as follow,
|GeForece 2 MX400|
|AMD Athelon K7 700mb|
|192 mb RAM|
Yes my system is sorta low end but it runs EQ with no problems and haveing a fast cable connections seams to make it all worthwhile.
Attached Files
File Type: zip uierrors.zip (753 Bytes, 3 views)
Old 06-17-2003, 12:59 AM   #28
Patryn
A Fire Beetle

Just started using the beta and thought I would point this out.. if you try to align all the status bars ie: target window, player window, group window, etc the one that displays player statistics along with the tab for pet commands and statistics does not align correctly.

The compass used to be the same size as all the other windows as well but I can understand they new size for the compass. Just thought you would like to know about that player / pet window.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:33 AM   #29
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

only the following windows were revamped in this release and are set to the same size..

Player Window
Spell Window (with text)
Buff Window
SD Buff window
Group Window

we have plans to make sure the target window/pet window get an update soon too.

and as the compass is actually 1/4 bigger than it was.. its not loading a ton of dead space..(look at screenshot for vert) and you will see what I mean

with the new maps out in game there was no need for the red and green dots to be on the Compass anymore.

and Murdercrow, with that system almost ANY UI will give you a tiny amount of lag over the default..

try it and try the vert 2.5 see if there is a difference between the two .. if so what.. (get back to me)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 06-17-2003, 03:03 AM   #30
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

no i found out why the mouse was lagging. appearantly a popup from a program i forgot to close caused EQ to lag thus makeing it seem that the UI was lagging. After that I went back and tried it again and no lag the only problem is that it still writes a UIerror.txt file. Other than that everything seems fine ,no bugs.
well unles you count the error file