Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-18-2022, 03:44 PM   #1
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Default UI Assistance

Quick background: I built this UI back in '03-'04 based on pieces of other UIs that I liked and have maintained it for my wife as she still plays.

An old web page showing what the UI should look like is here: http://equi.llaffer.com/ (it hasn't been updated since 2013, but the general art hasn't changed).

The last time my wife played this worked fine. This was before the latest patch, about the 7th or 8th.

She tried logging in last night and the buff windows weren't right. An example, this is what they should look like (image from the page above)

And this is what it looks like now:

In addition, the buff icons aren't showing up in the target window as they should. Here is an example of it working vs. not working:

The box at the bottom should contain the buffs.

Is there some write-up on what changed and how to fix things since last week's update?

If anyone wants to have a look at the current state of my UI, the files can be downloaded from here: Llaffer UI Download Link

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaffer
this.

If you want someone to fix your UI you need to post it on this site.
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:01 PM   #3
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

I downloaded his link fine SmileyFAAce, im taking a look at it now.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:53 PM   #4
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
I downloaded his link fine SmileyFAAce, im taking a look at it now.

I clicked on it, nothing happened
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:57 PM   #5
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

I'm trying to get the information here as attachments. I had to break it up into four smaller .zip files due to file limitations.

If you unzip these all into the same path it should build the same as if you could download the file that I attempted to link.
Attached Files
File Type: zip llaffer1.zip (96.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip llaffer2.zip (294.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip llaffer3.zip (187.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip llaffer4.zip (198.1 KB, 2 views)
Llaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #6
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

It's a tedious change, I've managed to download your file from the first go round, and I've got the buff window done so far. I'll have the song window and target window up later tonight when I'm finished with them.

The trick SmileyFAAce was to right click the link and save as.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (39.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (30.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (35.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Emilari : 03-18-2022 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:10 PM   #7
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Thanks. I'll have a look and run a diff on the files to see what you did.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:39 PM   #8
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

So, I'm terrible at trying to walk people through things, but I'll try here in case any future people have questions.

What they did in the patch to the buff / song / target windows is made it so that the Darkpaw side of things has the code for how many slots are available. It's now hard-coded and you can't tell the window where you want each slot.

So, to use the song window as an example, instead of:

Code:
<Button item = "SDBW_Buff0_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>180</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>BlueIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <DecalOffset> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Buttons"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Style_Tooltip>true</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff0_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff1_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff2_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff3_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff4_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff5_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff6_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff7_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff8_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff9_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff10_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff11_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff12_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff13_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff14_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff15_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff16_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff17_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff18_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff19_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff20_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff21_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff22_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff23_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff24_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff25_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff26_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff27_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff28_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff29_Button</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

We now have:

Code:
<Button item="SDBW_Player_Buff_Template"> <ScreenID>Player_Buff_Template</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>180</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Template>BDT_PlayerBuff</Template> <DecalOffset> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Buttons"> <ScreenID>Buff_Buttons</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Tooltip>true</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>SDBW_Player_Buff_Template</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

Adding on the number labels was very similar to how you had done it previously; the only changes needed there was to remove some unnecessary code lines, and adjust the size to be 180x20 (in my experimenting trying to fix my own, things got really really cranky and all sorts of bugs cropped up when everything wasn't the same size).

So we went from:

Code:
<Label item ="SDBW_Buff0Number"> <ScreenID>Buff0No</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>23</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Text>43.</Text> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> </Label> <Label item ="SDBW_Buff1Number"> <ScreenID>Buff1No</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>23</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Text>44.</Text> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> </Label> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Numbers"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff0Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff1Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff2Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff3Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff4Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff5Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff6Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff7Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff8Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff9Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff10Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff11Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff12Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff13Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff14Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff15Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff16Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff17Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff18Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff19Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff20Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff21Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff22Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff23Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff24Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff25Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff26Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff27Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff28Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff29Number</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

To this:

Code:
<Label item ="SDBW_Buff0Number"> <ScreenID>Buff0No</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>180</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Text>43.</Text> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> </Label> <Label item ="SDBW_Buff1Number"> <ScreenID>Buff1No</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Text>44.</Text> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> </Label> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Numbers"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff0Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff1Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff2Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff3Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff4Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff5Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff6Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff7Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff8Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff9Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff10Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff11Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff12Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff13Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff14Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff15Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff16Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff17Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff18Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff19Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff20Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff21Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff22Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff23Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff24Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff25Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff26Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff27Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff28Number</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff29Number</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

Now, to add the spell labels, since in my experience, everything has to be the same size or bad things happen, we needed a way to add some sort of invisible spacer to the front and back so the spell name text doesn't go overtop of the buff icons, or the display of the time left on the buff. So, I wrapped 2 spacers and each spell name part into it's own screen item to keep it at the 180x20 size but to keep the text from being in places we don't want it.

So, we went from this:

Code:
<Label item ="SDBW_Buff0"> <ScreenID>Buff0Label</ScreenID> <EQType>600</EQType> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>153</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Text></Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>false</AlignRight> </Label> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Buffs"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <TopAnchorOffset>3</TopAnchorOffset> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff0</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff1</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff2</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff3</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff4</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff5</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff6</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff7</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff8</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff9</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff10</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff11</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff12</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff13</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff14</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff15</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff16</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff17</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff18</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff19</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff20</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff21</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff22</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff23</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff24</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff25</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff26</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff27</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff28</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff29</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

To this:

Code:
<Label item="SDBW_Buff_FrontSpacer"> <ScreenID>SDBuffFrontSpacer</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Font>2</Font> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>25</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> </Label> <Label item="SDBW_Buff_BackSpacer"> <ScreenID>SDBuffBackSpacer</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Font>2</Font> <Location> <X>161</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> </Label> <Label item ="SDBW_Buff0"> <ScreenID>Buff0Label</ScreenID> <EQType>600</EQType> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>25</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>135</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> </Label> <Screen item="SDBW_00_Screen"> <Size> <CX>180</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff_FrontSpacer</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff0</Pieces> <Pieces>SDBW_Buff_BackSpacer</Pieces> </Screen> <TileLayoutBox item="SDBW_Buffs"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <TopAnchorOffset>3</TopAnchorOffset> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>false</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>false</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_00_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_01_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_02_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_03_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_04_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_05_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_06_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_07_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_08_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_09_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_10_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_11_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_12_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_13_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_14_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_15_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_16_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_17_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_18_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_19_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_20_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_21_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_22_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_23_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_24_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_25_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_26_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_27_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_28_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:SDBW_29_Screen</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

Then in the final window, it's wrapped up exactly the way you had it:

Code:
<Screen item = "ShortDurationBuffWindow"> <Text>Songs</Text> <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>315</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>192</CX> <CY>615</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_ClientMovable>true</Style_ClientMovable> <Escapable>false</Escapable> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:SDBW_Buttons</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:SDBW_Numbers</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:SDBW_Buffs</Pieces> </Screen>

I hope that makes sense I edited my previous post above to add the song and target windows to the same post now that they're all complete. I hope they work well for you!
Old 03-19-2022, 12:04 AM   #9
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Thanks. I appreciate the effort.

Hope this helps other people as well.

I did test the Buff Window and it did work. My wife will be happy that she'll be able to raid again.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:05 PM   #10
finchy
A Ghoul

I don't think I know enough to make this type of edit...going to keep trying, but if any of you that actually know what you're doing wouldn't mind helping me out...I would appreciate it.

I inherited this UI from an old guildmate and have been doing my own edits for the last several years, and using it to learn..but this change seems pretty massive.

Looking at the files that were posted above, it looks like I can just dump the BuffWindow and SDBW files into my folder and it works just fine, then I can make my slight tweaks from there...but the target window is where the most work would need to be done.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (40.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (29.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (58.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by finchy : 03-19-2022 at 04:10 PM.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #11
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

I can take a look at them for you finchy
Old 03-19-2022, 04:52 PM   #12
finchy
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
I can take a look at them for you finchy

Thank you! If/when you have some time i'd like to learn the changes rather than just them be handed to me. some of your write up above made sense, but I think I ended up confusing myself more than anything the further I read lol.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #13
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

OK, so before this change, we had the power to determine the size, spacing, and location of everything in the buff and song windows by just using the various size and location tags. You could have whatever element you want specifically where you wanted it and whatever size you wanted and it'd just work - it would look great, and you could do some really creative things like the old VERT UI staggered buff windows.

With the changes they made, much of that control is gone. What we have to do now is put everything in TileLayoutBoxes. Think of a TileLayoutBox as tiling a floor. in Llaffer's, there ended up being 3 different TileLayoutBoxes: we are laying 3 layers of tiles - on top of each other. The first layer in his is the buff button itself (the one we have the least control over), then the second layer is the number labels (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc), and the third layer is the buff names (Brell's Tenacious Barrier, Temperance, etc). In yours, it's looking like 2 layers: one for the buff, one for the name.

You can still make things in multiple rows or columns by playing with the offsets as seen in how Vert UI was updated

So, step 1 to fixing any old buff window is to update the actual buffs themselves from the old buttons

Code:
<Button item="BW_Buff0_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>2</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>170</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Template>BDT_BlueBuff</Template> <DecalOffset> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>12</CX> <CY>12</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>

To the new tile system:

Code:
<Button item="BW_Player_Buff_Template"> <ScreenID>Player_Buff_Template</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>170</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Template>BDT_PlayerBuff</Template> <DecalOffset> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>12</CX> <CY>12</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>

So, you'd delete all the buttons (BW_Buff0_Button through to BW_Buff41_Button), and replace it with the new "Buff Template." The next step would to be to put the template in it's tilelayoutbox so that EQ can automatically lay out the tiles for us as Darkpaw intends:

Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Buttons"> <ScreenID>Buff_Buttons</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>0</RightAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>0</BottomAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>0</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Pieces>BW_Player_Buff_Template</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

We don't get to choose where the tiles are specifically though, so if we want them to cover the same amount of area, they need to be the same size. If they're not the same size, they won't scale properly and you'll have issues, especially in a re-sizable window. If they're not, you end up with things like:

Now we've got our first layer of tiles set, and it's time to look at other layers. Some people tried to repair theirs by keeping the name and number labels like the old system, and not turning them into tiles, but I don't recommend that because then it won't allow you to interact (right and left click) with the window, so you can't link buffs, or look at descriptions, or click them off, etc.

So, as I showed above, we need our name label tile to be the same size as our buff tiles, and we need them to be in a tilelayout box:

Code:
<Label item="BW_Buff0"> <ScreenID>Buff0Label</ScreenID> <EQType>500</EQType> <Font>1</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Size> <CX>170</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> </Label> <TileLayoutBox item="BW_Labels"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>0</RightAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>0</BottomAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>0</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>BW_Buff0</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff1</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff2</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff3</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff4</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff5</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff6</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff7</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff8</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff9</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff10</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff11</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff12</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff13</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff14</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff15</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff16</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff17</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff18</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff19</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff20</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff21</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff22</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff23</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff24</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff25</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff26</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff27</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff28</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff29</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff30</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff31</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff32</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff33</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff34</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff35</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff36</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff37</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff38</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff39</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff40</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff41</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

This is what making those changes looks like on your window so far Finchy, as you can see, still not quite right - the buff names are overlapping the buff images.

Now, you COULD fix that by changing the <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> to 15 instead of 2 since your window isn't resizable, but in a resizable window you wouldn't want to do that because it causes more issues with scaling and you end up with names all over the place again like I showed above. Another reason you don't really want to settle for just that is that it'll cause the names to go over top of the timers on the right side.

You'd have the same problem with everything covering the timers on the right side if you tried to fix it by using the <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> tag.

You could also use the <AlignCenter>true</AlignCenter> tag, but you'd still have that problem with overlap on buffs with very long names (like the cleric Rallied Greater Blessing of Vie Rk. III), and aligning things to the center just looks weird in my opinion.

So... how do we want to fix it properly so we can avoid the overlap? We add an invisible spacer label to both the front and back so our buff name can't fill that space.

Code:
<Label item="BW_Buff_FrontSpacer"> <ScreenID>BuffFrontSpacer</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Font>2</Font> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>2</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> </Label> <Label item="BW_Buff0"> <ScreenID>Buff0Label</ScreenID> <EQType>500</EQType> <Font>1</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Location> <X>16</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>141</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> </Label> <Label item="BW_Buff_BackSpacer"> <ScreenID>BuffBackSpacer</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Font>2</Font> <Location> <X>157</X> <Y>2</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>13</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> </Label>

Oh no! Now we've got 3 different elements that are the wrong size though, so what do we do to fix that? We wrap it in a screen item - we're wrapping our 3 little tiles in plastic wrap so they count as one big tile of the right size.

Code:
<Screen item="BW_00_Screen"> <Size> <CX>170</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <Pieces>BW_Buff_FrontSpacer</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff0_</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff_BackSpacer</Pieces> </Screen>

Once we've got all our Buff label bricks and spacers all wrapped up into their 42 different screens, we need to adjust the tilelayoutbox so that it's calling for the screen items instead of just the buff piece by itself.

Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Labels"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>0</RightAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>0</BottomAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>0</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> <Pieces>Screen:BW_00_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_01_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_02_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_03_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_04_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_05_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_06_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_07_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_08_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_09_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_10_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_11_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_12_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_13_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_14_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_15_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_16_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_17_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_18_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_19_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_20_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_21_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_22_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_23_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_24_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_25_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_26_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_27_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_28_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_29_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_30_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_31_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_32_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_33_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_34_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_35_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_36_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_37_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_38_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_39_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_40_Screen</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:BW_41_Screen</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

Now we need to make the final buff window use our tilelayoutbox's as their pieces:

Code:
<Screen item="BuffWindow"> <Text>Effects</Text> <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>450</X> <Y>240</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>185</CX> <CY>515</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>true</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Escapable>false</Escapable> <Style_ClientMovable>true</Style_ClientMovable> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Buttons</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Labels</Pieces> </Screen>

Looking much better now!

Bonus points if you decide you want to make your buff window resizable (NOTE: I didn't do this to your windows - I left them as-is). Add:

Code:
<LayoutStrategy item="BW_Snap_Both"> <Padding>0</Padding> <ResizeHorizontal>true</ResizeHorizontal> <ResizeVertical>true</ResizeVertical> </LayoutStrategy>

Then, in the final screen item, add this line: <Layout>BW_Snap_Both</Layout>

Example:

Code:
<LayoutStrategy item="BW_Snap_Both"> <Padding>0</Padding> <ResizeHorizontal>true</ResizeHorizontal> <ResizeVertical>true</ResizeVertical> </LayoutStrategy> <Screen item="BuffWindow"> <Text>Effects</Text> <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition> <Layout>BW_Snap_Both</Layout> <Location> <X>450</X> <Y>240</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>185</CX> <CY>515</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>true</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Escapable>false</Escapable> <Style_ClientMovable>true</Style_ClientMovable> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Buttons</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Labels</Pieces> </Screen>

If you did want to add a layer of numbers, and you wanted them to not show when there is a buff in that slot, unlike in Llaffer's, you'd simply adjust your TileLayoutBox's like so that the numbers are on the bottom, the buffs in the middle, and the labels on top like:

Code:
<Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Numbers</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Buttons</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Labels</Pieces>

Updating the song window is exactly the same process as the buff window, so I'm not going to repeat myself and take pretty pictures of that process.

Your target window is actually the easiest to adjust because there's not much change. Again, all they did was hard-code things so that Darkpaw determines the number of buffs and where they are, so instead of:

Code:
<Button item="Target_Buff0_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID> <Size> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <DecalOffset> <X>1</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>18</CX> <CY>18</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>

and it's 96 friends... delete them all and replace that section with:

Code:
<Button item="Target_Buff_Template"> <ScreenID>TargetBuffSlot</ScreenID> <Size> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </Size> <Template>BDT_TargetBuff</Template> <DecalOffset> <X>1</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>18</CX> <CY>18</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>

Also, don't forget to update the pieces in the Target_Buttons TileLayoutBox to the new Buff Template we added:

Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="Target_Buttons"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <ScreenID>TargetBuffsButtons</ScreenID> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>0</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Pieces>Target_Buff_Template</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox>

Since I had to fix things anyways to show you the changes to the buff window, I am attaching fixed copies of all 3 files here for you to use as reference if needed. I hope this post makes things a bit clearer for you.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (25.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (19.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (14.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Emilari : 04-07-2022 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:53 PM   #14
finchy
A Ghoul

you are fantastic! thank you so much for the adjustments, and also the very detailed breakdown of how to change everything.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #15
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchy
you are fantastic! thank you so much for the adjustments, and also the very detailed breakdown of how to change everything.

You're very welcome.