Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
Raidi
A Fire Beetle

Default Issue resolved. =) Disregard.

I am making a new gauge graphic for my UI, and instead of fiddling with the "window_pieces.tga" I decided to make my own file and simply use the graphics from there.

Basically, I made a new image (.png - can't get the transparency to work with .tga's) and have new Texture and Ui2Animations written into the animation.xml.

In the groups.xml I call up the new gauge Ui's instead of the generic "A_Gauge<blah>".

Note, my gauges in the following examples are size 108 by 8.

Now here's the problem.
When I log into the game, the bar looks all screwed up.
I can barely see the GaugeFill, as it is covered by the GaugeBackground.. which is covered by the GaugeLines, and then the GaugeLinesFill.
All of these graphics are slapped on at the size 108 by 8, instead of how they should be loaded.. so the endcaps don't show up, the background is on top the gauge, the linefill is on top of everything and up top and NOT colored...
It looks like it took 108by8 instead of the 100by8 that i have stated in the Ui's.

I have checked the sizes over many times, there is nothing wrong there at all... and everything is how it SHOULD be.

Oh, and something else. I looked at my changes in SidlWidl first (I only use it to view, I do all my changes in notepad), and it looks like how I wanted! Only when I get into the GAME does it look all screwed up.

I only started the gauges alterations AFTER this latest patch, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...

I'm stumped...
Any responses would be great.. even if you don't know how to fix it.

*EDIT*
Fixed it, if not figured it out. I had made changes to the graphics as I had first had a nonstandard file size... but the change didn't come into effect.
Last ditch effort, I copied all the files into a new directory and loaded that one instead. And it worked

Last edited by Raidi : 10-17-2002 at 01:12 AM.
Raidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default hmm

Put the graphics in a 256x256 image

In Photoshop you go to the channels tab and add a layer this will create the alpha layer, in this layer black to white levels of 'color' equal transparency

Define the parts of the gauge from that image, make sure all elements are the same dimensions, endcaps can be different width but I would stay with the same height as the rest..