Send a message via ICQ to Ainyan Send a message via AIM to Ainyan

As a 65 enc, here's the one I use:

http://www.tirelth.com/newui03.jpg
Ainyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #17
syreen01
A Hill Giant

Server: cazic thule

Pretty sleek. Whats your screen reso set at?

Syreen

Syreen's Damned Home
syreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:10 PM   #18
Ainyan
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous
Send a message via ICQ to Ainyan Send a message via AIM to Ainyan

1280 x 1024
Ainyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:24 PM   #19
Laminate
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As a level 63 enchanter i use Lam_UI_2_TK .
There are others that you may find interesting also, located at in This Link .

------------------------------------------------------------

Master Laminate Nimblemezz
63 High Elf Phantasmist
34 Used AA - 1 Unused AA
<Celestial Navigators> Vazaelle

--------------------------------

Lamicrate Nimblestab
51 Halfling Rogue
208 Modified Lockpick
412 Maximum Backstab
<Celestial Navigators> Vazaelle

------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Laminate : 07-28-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Laminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:29 AM   #20
Calroon
A Fire Beetle

Hey Ainyan,

i've actualy been searching for a group window that goes from green to red color,
similar as your char and target window, it's the same for the group?

similar like this:

being a Cleric i'm looking for such a function.

Calroon
Calroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:11 PM   #21
Laminate
A Treant

my group window has the squares that are just like my char and target window, yes...

Phantom Lamicrate Crenshinibon
74 ROG - <Celestial Navigators>
Old 08-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #22
Calroon
A Fire Beetle

Thanks Lam but from what i see there it's different.

If you look closer at the picture i posted and also on Ainyan's Screenshot then you notice
that there's not extra box on the left which changes the color, the actualy health bars
are colored without any extra box flashing once low HP or something like that.

Now i didn't try your UI yet since i'm at work but as far as i can see
you got these extra boxes on the left, correct me if i'm wrong here and i'll try it once home.

Calroon
Calroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #23
Laminate
A Treant

yeah my ui's boxes are squares on the left (i like to see the color box and the bar... helps me see em easier...) was just letting you know mine are (my pics are sorda good so just clearing my UI up)
Old 08-25-2003, 07:12 PM   #24
eidolonfaer
A Gray Wolf

Default Features I like to see.

Well, first of all, when doing Mez work, I find I am constantly targeting with the mouse. And therefore I end up casting spells and using hotbuttons far more then I use keystrokes. At least, in time-critical situations.

This means I want relatively large spell gems, with the names of the spells ON THE CAST BAR. Especially since every freaking spell we have uses one of three icons (or at least so it seems sometimes).

This also means I don't want foofoo filigree all over the place, as it eats up screen space and it takes time to drag the mouse cursor across it.

A buff-window with the names of every buff is also invaluable. Nothing sucks worse than having C5 run out and not noticing till you're OOM.

Lessee...

Oh yeah...Mez and Buff Timers...

Arista's UI Timers does an excellent job, especially since no two Enchanters will have the same duration for every buff.

I've compiled a Mix and Match setup that I like, and which seems to work well at 1024x768. I've submitted the UI and it is available here.

Last edited by eidolonfaer : 08-25-2003 at 07:30 PM.
eidolonfaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #25
Laminate
A Treant

very nice job... i like the casting bar thing a lot. Just dont think i could play with all that stuff on my screen. makes me feel like im looking through a carboard tube. LOL
Old 09-05-2003, 12:07 AM   #26
eidolonfaer
A Gray Wolf

You get used to it... And it does work in higher resolution settings.

The Actions Window is left untouched. I usually minimize it except when actually doing something with it.

The Inventory Window caught my eye exactly because of this problem. It has transparent sections, so you can see what's going on even when dealing with inventory, and can close it and act quickly. The Done button is close to the lower-right corner where my controls are concentrated.

The Buffs Window is transparent/translucent except where there are active spells on you.

I'd be delighted to hear suggestions for improvements however.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #27
eidolonfaer
A Gray Wolf

Default Improvements...

Laminate,

I gave your comment about "looking through a cardboard tube" some thought, and decided that you had a definite point.

And, since I figured I'd have to rework a few things for LDoN anyway, I decided to attack the problem.

I swapped up to the next-higher screen resolution, and set up a viewport, to keep the rendering load approximately constant. I changed the Buff Window quite a bit too, since it was the obvious place to start.

I submitted the new setup to the moderation queue last night. In the meantime, you can see the screenshot here.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #28
Laminate
A Treant

looks very nice now.. i love the spell castng bar thing, ima try that out.. timers too..
Old 09-23-2003, 11:34 AM   #29
Lillyannya
A Gray Wolf

Hi I am a 60 enchanter on Tarew marr, and I use the infinity ones. I would really prefer to figure out how to make my own, but I am a bit technology retarded..

Here goes what i want in a UI

1: Big field of view being when people pull a train on me i have to be able to see all the mobs without moving around the room like the mad hatter.

2: yes mes timers are good

3: Hot keys in the middle of two chat windows. I use hotkeys for a lot of my spells

4: Actions window somewhere near there so you don't have to move your mouse across the screen to let your group know what you've messed.

4: Big spell gems to make clicking it easier in some of the higher resolution things... (I don't know the word for it) The icons tend to be quite small

5: Make a chat for the melee honestly i don't care what most people are hitting for. I just care when I'm being hit because in about three seconds i'm gonna drop

6: our pets have huge huge names at times so a little bigger on the name place for the little guys.

OK that's my rant and I'm sure most enchanters have posted the same thing. I just wanna make sure that eventually there is something really good for chanters
Lillyannya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #30
Teddyboy420
A Snow Cougar

Server: Firiona Vie

Lil,

If you look around and download the individual pieces you want and make your own mix and match UI. My main is an Enchanter and with just a few mod's I made a perfect for myself.

Really most of the things you said you wanted you could do with no problem:

1. Just find smaller windows so you have plenty of room.

2. There is a really good set of timers I use, they are made by Arista, here's a link to her site where you can customize the timers yourself by just entering what you want and it will spit out a custom timer for you. http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

3. Lots of good Hotkey mods on this site.

4. I don't use the actions window anymore, I just take my chat macro's and put them n my hotkey bank. Saves space, and you have your spell bar to cast spells with.

5. You can easily mod any chat window in game by opening the chat window menu (right clicking on it) and set the chat channels and filters. I use 3 seperate chat window, 1 for battle info, 1 for all chat, 1 for guild chat

6. Look for a horizontal pet window, more on this later

The base UI that I use is T.Kings Celtic which I find is an awsome UI and has almost everything I need. I than add the mods I want by just unzipping in my modded UI file and overwriting what's there as needed. The Celtic UI can be found under Featured/T.King and look through the rest of the individual window mods in the downloads section and I gaurntee you'll find what you are looking for. Have fun!

If anyone is interested I could zip up the UI I have put together and mail it to you. Or, I suppose if there is enough interest I could post it here.

Last edited by Teddyboy420 : 09-23-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Teddyboy420 is offline   Reply With Quote