Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
Dagurr Inch
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bristlebane
Default XML files not compatible message :o(

I downloaded resistAndStats.zip from http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...wfiles&catid=30 (uploaded by blub on 10/7/2002). See file attached.

I like this dialog except for the "Your XML files are not compatible with the current EverQuest files. Some **** may not work right." error. I can't e-mail blub and I don't know how to find and correct the error. help, help. The dialog comes up and looks fine as far as I can tell.

Also, if anyone can give me the fix for this, you might want to include a minor change to increase the width of the window by 2 so it centers better. (note: Wars might want it wider if they plan to break the 10k barrier on hps.)

Is there an easy way to find the source of this type of an error? Is there an easy way to test these skins without loading EQ? Is there an easy way to archtect these windows without manually editing XML?

tia

DagurrDagurr
Attached Files
File Type: zip resistandstats.zip (1.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-24-2002, 11:17 PM   #2
aviendha101
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default This might help..

I've had that problem with two of my mods to date.

The first one happened because they made an udpate to the friends window and when I incorporated their changes into my window, I must have missed one addition they wanted to be there.

The other time it happened was when I changed the group window to NOT include the "INVITE" and "DISBAND" buttons. So just as a heads up, I think that EQ searches each window every time you log in and if it is missing any element that is "supposed" to be there, it'll give you that message about compatibility.

I would check all the windows in this mod and see if any are missing "crucial" pieces that are in the normal mod. If this is the case, that may solve your problem by adding in the missing elements.

Hope this helps! I didn't have time to check out your code... can you post a screenshot with all your windows open? I may be able to help narrow it down if I can see them. (A lot quicker than trying to debug your code)
Old 10-24-2002, 11:55 PM   #3
Dagurr Inch
A Gray Wolf

Looking at the XML from the mod and XML from 'Default' I'm guessing that that's probably what happened. It looks like the modified file was taken from a different version of the friends window. I'll try cramming the mods into the current version, but am not sure exactly how to put the controls in the window that I don't want. Maybe I can chuck them off outside the drawn window. Basically there are no controls in the new friends window.

here's a screenshot of the new window, you'll note that there are no controls whatsoever ...

thanx for the reply )

Dagurr
Dagurr Inch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:06 AM   #4
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just a tip. If you find something that EQ wants in the file but you don't want there (ie the invite disband buttons) change the postions and size to 0, 0.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:46 AM   #5
Dagurr Inch
A Gray Wolf

Thanx you guys, together that did the trick. I put all the controls back in the window with their size and location set to 0 and the winging went away

cheers!

Dagurr

P.s. zip attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip resistandstats.zip (2.0 KB, 1 views)
Dagurr Inch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:10 AM   #6
Kalysto
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro
Lightbulb

This started happening to mine too, just tonight after I logged in after the patch. So frustrating because I just got it to work properly too. And I have no idea why, unless something in the patch changed something. Anyone else having the prob?
Kalysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:21 AM   #7
Koradin
A Snow Cougar

Default XML files not compatible message :o(

Hmm well this just starting happening to mine as of the last patch on 10/25/02 at 3 am PST.
The only XML file that was updated to the default folder was the EQUI_BazaarSearchWindow.xml file so I have no idea why it's doing this..... can anyone help?
Koradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:31 AM   #8
Talarus
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro
Default Bazaar_S_Wnd

got the same problem

Talarus
Talarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #9
Koradin
A Snow Cougar

Default Fixed

Well this seems to have fixed it for me, I just copied the EQUI_BazaarSearchWindow.xml file from the default folder into my custom folder and everything seems to work fine even in the bazaar
Koradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:03 AM   #10
Talarus
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro

i will try that...

Thanks

Talarus
Talarus is offline   Reply With Quote