Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-03-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
Lelanie
A Gray Wolf

Server: Lanys T'Vyl
Default XML help...

Hope someone can help...

I've taken ideas from a couple mods here and sliced them to my own needs.

I wanted a hotbutton window that also showed one inventory slot (bag) and 4 inventory slots in a column next to the original 10.

I found ... minihotkey_inv1.1.zip this one.. but didn't want the xp/aaxp numbers... and wanted to eliminate the inv slots I didn't want.

I made some modifications and it worked, until I went to delete the extra inv slots ... then I got this message in the uierrors file:

XMLMerge() Expected a Schema section in other document

the first few lines match the default file exactly...

<?xml version = "1.0"?>
<XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
<Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/>

This is the only place I can find the term "schema" .. any ideas?

Thank you,

Lelanie

EDIT:
Just tried to boot up and /loadskin again... got this error:

[Line:5 Source:UIFiles\lelanie\EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml] Schema error - Expecting valid ElementType LABEL

Does that help clarify the problem?

Last edited by Lelanie : 11-03-2002 at 09:10 PM.
Lelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
Elton
A Treant

Default re: help

I made a similar change to one of the mods that person made. I used the one with all the inventory slots, plus both melee slots and the ammo and range slots. Make sure when you are removing the weight and the exp bars that you remove the <pieces> reference at the bottom also. I don't think this will make a difference, but it can't hurt and I honestly don't know that it won't affect what you've done. Also make sure the label, screenid and pieces reference all match. I got one of those off and got errors everytime I zoned. I'm not an .xml expert or anything. I really don't know much about it. I hope what I said makes sense and helps though.
Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:29 PM   #3
Lelanie
A Gray Wolf

Actually, it makes alot of sense... as I got an error message when I originally deleted out the inventory and exp lines about the <pieces> section... and was able to figure that part out.

I haven't been able to figure out the problem, and have found another mod that's even closer to what I want... will be trying it out tonite when I get home from work

If it doesn't work.. I will find a way to post it up here, so people can actually look into my problem.

Thank you very much,

Lelanie
Old 11-06-2002, 11:25 AM   #4
Elton
A Treant

Default help

NP. Hopefully I can help
Old 11-06-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
Lelanie
A Gray Wolf

Default Next problem

Ok, tried again with a new file... checked it against the default, as I wanted the same size as the default.

Added the boxes that I wanted along the side.. fixed any UIerrors that came up... UI skin works..

BUT, I only see ONE of the Five boxes I coded in... and it's not in the right spot. I lined up all the <cx> and <cy> codes with the corresponding hot buttons that DO show up.. Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening.

Will try tonite to get a screenie posted.

Thank you,

Lelanie
Old 11-07-2002, 10:35 AM   #6
Elton
A Treant

Default size

The CX and CY numbers are for the size of the item. The X and Y numbers are for the location. It sounds like your boxes may be stacked. I copied the code below from my hotbutton box so you could see what I'm talking about.

Code:
<Location> <X>76</X> <Y>170</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>32</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size>

What I did was place the top left box where I liked it, then arranged the remaining boxes based on the position of that one. For example, to place a box next to this one I would add the size of the box (32) to the X coordinate (76) and add a little extra to create a small space between the boxes. The new box would look like this:

Code:
<Location> <X>110</X> <Y>170</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>32</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size>

If you wanted to place a box below the top left box you would change the Y coordinate in the same fashion. It would look like this:

Code:
<Location> <X>76</X> <Y>204</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>32</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size>

I hope that helps
Old 11-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #7
Lelanie
A Gray Wolf

hehe.. sorry, I wasn't looking at any code when I typed that... I meant the x and y... for some reason the cx's and cy's stuck in my head (probably because I had to go through and triple check that these were all what I wanted)

I went back to the default HotButtons... and used the values for the positions of the 10 main hotbuttons.. then matched the y value of the top button in the third column to the y value of hotbutton 1... and the y value of the 2nd button of the third column to hotbutton 3, etc.

Then I looked at the difference between the x values of hotbutton 1 and hotbutton 2.. then added that value PLUS 4 to the value of hotbutton 2 ... to seperate the third column from the main 2 columns.

So, the coordinates might look something like this:

2,2 ..... 44,2 ..... 90,2

44,2 ..... 44,44 ..... 90,44

That is an example.. I don't have the code I am using to look at.

I'm going to download one of the ones that does show extra slots.. and see if it's my computer messing up or if the box looks correct