Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Neolithicx
A Ghoul

Default XML Files/Bazaar Window and More Please Help

I had some odd issues that I cannot resolve myself. I will list numerically below what happened for the sake of brevity.

1) Logged in
2) Dropped an item on the floor next to Magus in Lobby for as part of my login ritual.
3) Went out killing stuff.
4) Used a Talisman of Return to get back to PoK.
5) Tried to drop Talisman on ground in PoK. Nothing happened. It remained on my cursor with no message.
6) Checked options for drops, etc. Changed to fast-drop with no confirm. Same result. Changed back to with-confirm. Same result. Tried other items. Same result.
7) Went to Bazaar and searched for something. Bazaar UI is "buggy". The pulldowns do not work for character, class, etc.
8) Loaded default skin and logged out, rebooted computer, deleted the 2 Bazaar.xml files in the default directory of UIfiles in everquest.
9) Reloaded game using full file scan.
10) Same result.

Summary: I can no longer drop items on the ground in the game using any UI, and my Bazaar window UI is broken even when using the default UI.

Both my default UI and my Custom UI display "not compatible" message.

I would appreciate any help.
Neolithicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Neolithicx
A Ghoul

Ok, I looked below and put the merchant window XML file in there and amazingly, the being able to "drop" something issue is resolved.

!!! (I don't get it, but at least it is working now.)

However, the Bazaar Search window is still bugged. Let me explain.

If I click on the "Traders" pulldown there is no scroll area that allows me to scroll down through the player list and then select one.

Instead the pulldown is an overlapping fixed width window of names, but it is not wide enough to get to the scrollbar.

I would think a simple replacement of the window would work by deletion and re-insertion via patch, but it does not.
Neolithicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I can't offer anything for your dropping stuff issue.. that is wierd, but I can say that a missing scrollbar in the bazaar UI is happening to me as well. It is not that the scroll bar doesn't have room, but that the graphics for it are transparent. If you click the dropdown (to open it), you can use the scrollwheel on the mouse to move up and down in the list. If I am not mistaken, others have the same issue as well. I think SOE has to fix it.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote