Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Kazzim
A Gray Wolf

Default XML Location and Size question?

This has probably been answered and if you can point me to another thread that would be great.

Question 1:
Just for the x axis, if a gauge on the Player Window starts at

Loc <x> 3 </x>

and has Size
<cx>108</cx>

would the location of the end of that gauge be
<x>111</x> on the player screen?
If not, how do I determine where that gauge would end?

Question 2:
What are the size, both <cx> and <cy> of letters and numbers at

font = 1
font = 2
font = 3

I am trying to fumble my way through the UI/XML stuff, but some of the XML files I have been looking at and trying to compare are not consistent enough to determine the information I am looking for.

Thanks for any help,

Kazzim
Kazzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

1) 111 will be your next free Pixel. At X3 with length of 108, your image will stop on pixel 110.

Note: it Starts on Pixel3 and goes out 107 from that. ( it's 108, including that starting pixel ).

2) Dunno, never took the time to mesure that one.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Canneto
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennen Ro
Default XML for an old T. King Hotbutton module

Since we're talking XML here, let me ask a question please.

I'm using an old T. King 2 page Hot Button module. It shows 8 of my equipped items on the first page, 4 more equipped items and some of my bags on the second page.

I would like to be able to put all of my clickies on the first page and all of my bags on the second page (when they came out with the power slot, it kicked one of my bags off the second page.

I suspect that modifying some of the lines in the XML file would solve the problem.

As I browse the default and custom files I have, I notice two different references to the slots (InvSlot** in default and HB_InvSlot** in the custom).

Are these references to the same slot (ie: Default InvSlot3 = HB_InvSlot3 = face)? And if I were to find the appropriate slot numbers and plug them in the right places would it make the specific items appear?

If I can understand the appropriate modifications (like where to plug in the specific slot number to show in the correct place in the XML file), I would be able to make corrections when different clickies become available.

Thanks,

Canneto Di`Bari
75 High Elf Magician
<Caelum Infinitum>
Fennin Ro Server
Canneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

actually, what you want to change are the lines called "eqtype".

there's a stickied thread on the board listing them. when they put the powersource in, they shoved everything beyond it over 1 rather than just tacking it on at the end like would have made sense.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Kudi's right on the missing bag problem. Really was kinda lame to not just tack it on the end of the list of EQTypes in there. Update that and your bag should come out of hiding.

As to the other:

The regular InvSlot is for the Inventory window. HB_InvSlot is used in the HotButton window.

You can't duplicate labels throughout the UI .. well, while using a generic Animations definition, at least.. So, you use "headers" like HB_, AAW_, PW_, etc. to define them within their respective windows, even though they display the same information as the orginal.

New clicky slots would, however, require a new element written in. Say, <Label item="HB_InvClicky1">, or whatever. Then you reference the information you want displayed via EQTypes and add it to the <Pieces> list.

Just remember, the EQ UI always looks for certain things to be present. Else it will give you 'not found' errors. But you can add new elements wherever needed, as long as you don't duplicate label names. Just be sure to leave the stuff that's supposed to be there in there. Simply resize it to 0,0 or relocate it outside the perimeter of the window.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
Canneto
A Gray Wolf

Ok, let me see if I can get this straight.

InvSlot defines where a specific image appears in my inventory and HB_InvSlot defines where the same specific image appears in my Hot Button Box.

So, in my inventory, If I were to (just for discussion of course), swap my InvSlot0 (charm) and InvSlot5 (neck) in the code, then the charm would show up where my neck is and my neck where the charm is, correct?

What I want to be able to do is put the items with clickies on the first page of the hot bar. So if my arms with no effect are in position #1 on the first page and I want my primary (with the epic 2.0 pet buff) to appear there, I would change that slot to HB_InvSlot13? In other words, I don't really care if I see an item that has no effect. I have 10 slots on each page - theoretically, I could put 10 clicky items on page 1 by defining each slot to show that particular item from my inventory. Is that correct?

Canneto Di`Bari
75 High Elf Magician
<Caelum Infinitum>
Fennin Ro Server
Old 07-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

In your inventory .... yes, you can change the locations of the InvSlot(s) and move em anywhere you want inside that window. That's what we do all the time, heh.

To the other .. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. If you simply want clickies in the normal hotbutton slots, just drag/drop em over there.

The only reason you'd need to actually add code is if you're adding slots to the window which do not already exist. (like the mods with bagslots beside the normal 10 hotbuttons)

The HB_InvSlotxx code in there is so it will display an item icon when you drag/drop one to it. Same with the SpellSlot ones. They display spell gems.

That make sense?
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
Canneto
A Gray Wolf

I have to make a couple of corrections here.

My Hot Button module is one that has two sides to it. On the left are 10 hotbuttons and they are 10 pages deep. This is where I keep all of my various keyed items, like Assist, pet attack, Pet hold, cast my Host of Elements, etc. My most used ones are on page one.

The right side shows 2 pages of inventory items. I was incorrect in my last post. The first page shows my bags (#1 through #7), the power source slot, and my primary on page 1, and various armor items and my secondary on page 2.

I would like to make page 1 of the right side show my clicky items.

I suspect that somewhere in the xml code, there is a line that says "show bag #1 in the first slot on page 1 of the right side", "show bag #2 in the second slot on page 1 of the right side", and so forth.

So here are 3 examples: primary has the epic pet buff, face casts malosinia, chest casts a fire nuke.

I want to make it so it says "show the primary in the first slot on page 1 of the right side", "show the chest item in the second slot of page 1 on the right side", "show the face item in the second slot of page 1 on the right side", etc.

In other words, I want items I choose to show up on the first page of the inventory side of the Hot Key box.

Can that be done? If so, once I learn how to do it, I can change it when an item with a clicky changes.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

You need to change the EQType for the slot you want, this is a paste from the spell cast window where the clickkies are in my Veliouse UI

<InvSlot item="SW_Clicky1">
<ScreenID>SW_Clicky1</ScreenID>
<!--<Font>3</Font>-->
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>10</X>
<Y>3</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>30</CX>
<CY>30</CY>
</Size>
<Background>A_RecessedBox</Background>
<EQType>13</EQType>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<!--<TooltipReference/>-->
</InvSlot>

The text highlighted in red in the text you need to change, in this case the EQTpye is "13" which is the Primary Weapon slot, if you wanted it to change to your head slot, you would change the EQType to "2". You do not need to change anything else.

If the UI are using shows the background image of the primary in the clicky slot and you want it show the background image of the head slot, you would need to change the text highlighted in Yellow to "A_InvHead". I used the A_RessesedBox as a generic background image in my UI so I would not have to worry about background images not matching the clicky image. You can use the code for the inventory window to let you know what the name of the background image is, just use find for <EQType>2</EQType>.

A list of all EQTypes are found here
http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=18784

Hope this helps,
Fen
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote