Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 02-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist
Default t.king class animations workaround

For anyone having problems with t.king's class animation installs, I have found an easier way to make remmy.exe work, at least it has on several animations I have tesed it on. I have not tested all of the animations available.
  1. In your custom UI folder, right-click on the animations file and open the file in wordpad, not notepad.
  2. Click the Save button, once.
  3. Close the animations file.
  4. Run Thomus' install exe file and remmy.exe (keep the checkbox selected)
  5. Test in EQ

Apparently, opening and saving in wordpad removes the horrible formatting which is what is causing remmy.exe to fail.

If the workaround above doesn't work, you can follow the steps below to manually update your animations file:
  1. Make a temporary working folder
  2. Make a copy of your animations file and place it in this temporary working folder.
  3. Run t.king's install program and unzip the files into your working folder, but do not run remmy.exe (uncheck the box). When t.king's install program is finished you will find the graphics files and two text files in your working folder. The text files contain the required code to update your animations file.
  4. Copy the contents of rem_tex.txt into your animations file
  5. Copy and paste the contents of rem_anim.txt over the existing class animation you are trying to update.
  6. Copy your working folder into your EQ uifiles directory and test the new animations file in EQ.
If all goes well you can copy the animations file and graphics files into your custom ui folder.

Kuv

Last edited by Kuvasie : 02-04-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:24 AM   #2
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

By the way as of the feb 10th patch this should no longer be necessary. The formatting of the EQUI_Animations.xml file is back to normal and my program should read it properly again. I'm sorry I didn't get my fix out to everyone in the first place, but I am still working on a version that won't crash for the many people that are having issues with it un-related to the formatting of the animations file.

Thanks,