Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #31
Voxfire
A Gray Wolf

Default I think I'm in love

As a raid deader -- your latest UI will be a huge improvement over the standard. The larger ungrouped box, alone, will significantly speed up raid forming and re-grouping on the fly

Thank you for all the effort into this one.
Voxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #32
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You're welcome

I've already had some feedback from one of our guild raid leaders, so there will be a 1.1 version of this coming out soon with some minor tweaks.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:01 PM   #33
Pyndragoon
A Treant

Server: Drinal

Thank you for posting the info about spaces in folder names. Thought I was going crazy. I had been using your map ui before this last patch and loved it. My ui was named MYUI. After this last patch scrambled a few things, I made a copy to work with, which by default named itself Copy of MYUI.

Got everything to work fine except your map, which I love. After reading this thread, I went in and changed it to CopyofMYUI and the map works like a dream . Thanks again for a sweet little mod, and the brains to figure out how to make it work in my hodgepodge custom ui.
Pyndragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #34
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey folks,

It looks like the 5/Sep patch has made major changes to the way UI's work. Things are working in the main but I reckon I've got a good few hours work to correct the basics and get new .ini files ready to correct the layouts.

Things like the too large map window may take longer to puzzle out, I've got to try to find what they've done before I can fix that.

Bear with me, I'll get updates posted as soon as I can.

Myx
Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 AM   #35
Catweazel
A Ghoul

Hello Myx,

I wondered if there were any easier fixes that you can post even if involves editing the xml or ini files? I was actually just about to start and try and figure some of this out myself, but some pointers in the right direction would help.

Problems I have noticed since the LON patch:
1. A quick fix to the explosion of windows immediately following the patch was to select full screen mode and adjust the resolution until the UI looked normal again.
2. The mini map window now becomes 4 times larger when changing the resolution
3. 2 extra (chat) windows appear when changing from a working UI in full screen down to a windowed version. I am not sure where they were before, and reading your patch notes they might be spell spam and raid? I was using 1.3 for a week or so before the LON patch and never noticed them, so I am not sure where they were hiding.
4. The buff and short buff windows are incorrectly sized. This is the one I was going to try and fix - and if you had recommendations on what to change the width/height values to that would save an hour.
5. Changing the resolution (and not the screen size) breaks the map, buff windows and maybe some others, so that dragging the UI around to try and make it look better just doesn't work.

Everything is just about working fine at lower resolutions than I have been used to (running 1280x1024 and full screen) but I would love to be able to run 1600x1200 full screen once again.

You have got a great UI -- good luck fixing it.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #36
Catweazel
A Ghoul

Well -- I was able to figure out the buffwindow and shortduration buffwindow pretty quickly....so ignore that request. If anyone else is interested:

1. First make sure you know what resolution you are running in game (Options/Display/Video Mode) In my case it was 1280/1024.
2. In your custom UI xml files folder (e.g. Everquest/uifiles/myxlpix) find EQUI_Buffwindow.xml
3. Search for the section (at the end of the file) :
<Screen item = "BuffWindow">
<Text></Text>
<RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>496</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>130</CX>
<CY>285</CY>

and make a note of the CX and CY numbers (the window size)...in my case 130 and 285
4. Close the file without changing anything!
5. Open up UI_character_server.ini in your main Everquest folder and search for [BuffWindow]
6. Within that section, look for a 2 lines that match the resolution you noted in step 1 that look like this:
[BuffWindow]
Width1280x1024=130
Height1280x1024=285

and make sure that the numbers after the = sign match the CX and CY numbers from step 3

You can repeat this for the shortduration buff window.
Hopefully this helps.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #37
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Heya,

Just a quick post to pass on what I know so far:

- The bulk of the problem is that some windows now take their size / location from your .ini file instead of the .xml file.
- For resizable items like the buff windows I believe this can be fixed by loading default, resizing the items, and the re-loading the old UI.
- For non resizable items (like the mini map), copying and pasting the sizes from your .xml files into the UI_character_server.ini file should be enough to fix things like the map.

SoE's official list of the problems found and their workarounds can be found here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=118687

If you're running 1600x1200 I'd advise you to do as little as possible while we wait for SoE to fix this. It sounds like they really are working hard to get these bugs fixed, and once they are it should be really easy for you to get the UI working at that resolution.

Once they fix this I'm actually hoping I'll be able to release an .ini file and some instructions that will let people use this UI at any resolution from 1280x960 upwards.

In the meantime, tonight I'll be having a go at this myself. So I should have definate answers for the map size and buff window problems, and updated versions of hotkey 2 and the spell bar so they're not pushed out of place.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #38
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

lol, thanks for that post about the buff windows. I think similar settings will work for the map, I just haven't tested it yet.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #39
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

lol, ok, might be tomorrow before I get this fixed - the server just came down for another patch...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:27 AM   #40
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey guys,

I've uploaded a fix for my 'Improved Widescreen UI' now. Only needed a couple of minor tweaks to the .xml files (I had to correct a size problem with the spell and hotkey bars). All the other changes are just .ini size changes.

Download the update here:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5479

Myx
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #41
bl00d
A Fire Beetle

Just wanted to say thanks for such a great UI. I saw it while browsing eqinterface and after I got my screen rez right, I was simply amazed. Not sure how I survived EQ without it now Great job.
bl00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #42
viksfan
A Bat

Default New UI

Hey Myx, I just downloaded your UI today cause I thought it looked awesome. After applying it in game I saw that a few of the windows weren't open all the way ( Hott/Target window only gave me target, buff window only had the names of the buffs no icons and couldn't click them off etc... ) So then I reload default and even though it did come back, my spell bar is cutoff halfway through 8th spell, 9th doesn't show at all, and a couple other windows are jacked up as well.

Any clue as to why this happened or know of a way to fix it?? ... Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's extremely hard to play at all the way it is. Thx in advance
viksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM   #43
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Heya,

It sounds like you're hitting the layout bugs that SoE are trying to fix at the moment. As well as the UI, did you download the hotfix patch and follow the instructions there?

EQ is a bit bugged at the moment with regards to window sizes, and needs a few tweaks to get it right. The patch file should sort it out for now, and SoE are expecting to have the bugs fixed later this month.

Let me know if that helps,

Myx
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #44
Xyndail
A Hill Giant

Server: E'ci

Hey, using your raid window, works and looks great except for one slight issue. When invited to a raid, the Accept/Decline buttons appear in the middle of the groups section of the window, in the lower left-hand corner!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #45
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

d'oh! I always type /raidaccept so I've never seen that. I know exactly what I've done though. Will fix and update it tonight.